Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
+32|6629|Stockholm, Sweden
After reorganizing the cables in my case and moving the hard drives I can not get my computer to start up again, it worked flawlessly until a couple of hours ago. I have checked that all cables are where they should be and have tried starting with or without different components such as memory modules and graphics card etc, without success.

When I try push the ON-button I see the LED power indicator flashing for about half a second and I also hear a kind of clicking/twitching sound, some kind of electrical surge as if the PSU tries to power up but can't. This sound keeps on sounding perhaps every five seconds or so until I either reset CMOS or power off the PSU.
The POST LED screen on my mother board shows "8.2.", which according to the manufacturers manual means "Enable ATX Power Supply".

I have also tried doing the paper clip PSU test, and I have gotten the fan to start when shorting one of the black wired pins, although there is an unpleasant clicking sound (not to different from the one described above) repeating itself while the fan spins - coming from the PSU. After a few seconds I noticed that something smelled like it was burnt, so I stopped the test.

My conclusion is that the PSU perhaps might be working to some extent, but not enough to power my system - which it should be able to and has for a year now.

Do you guys have any tips, or have your perhaps had the same kind of problem yourselves?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

/Snorkelfarsan
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6175|what

Take out your gfx card and let the onboard do the rest.

If you can boot fine then, the PSU is giving out some power, but not enough for what you have installed.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
I dont have an onboard gfx card and I have tried booting without some of the components - didn't work. I should probably give you my specs:
Intel C2D E8400
ABIT IX38 QuadGT
Power Color Radeon HD4850
PSU Corsair TX650W
Ioan92
+337|5745
You probably shorted something while reorganizing, bad luck man...
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
Im afraid so...
Snorkelfarsan
Soup Boy
I cant blame you for asking . and I never even removed them to start with. Although I did unplug them and then plugged them back in again just to make sure..
CrazeD
+368|6695|Maine
Unplug every unnecessary device (hard drives, optical drives, extra case fans, lights, expansion cards, etc) and see if it starts.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard