Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5425|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

Cricket is the only sport I cannot watch, or play.

I'd prefer to watch - well, anything.

Cricket: Epic Fail.
Dont be dull enough to come in here then.  I don't like F1 but I aint going to go in there and tell them how it fails.  It obviously dosen't fail dickhead as its watched all over the world and attracts lots of sponsors etc (both F1 and Cricket).

I very rarely call people names in a serious way on the internet but I honestly thought we were past this stupid bollocks.

If you dont like something dont make the effort to tell us, just dont tell us.
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5425|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Rod Foxx wrote:

I support the Australian team but i'll be fucking amazed if they can win this tournament.
Same here mate, read up above you to see why. (My earlier post today)
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5425|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Flecco wrote:

Are you thinking of Steve Waugh 27?

Most of the great players he's known for playing with such as Warne, McGrah, Gillie etc. came into the team under Waugh as far as I know.
I could be mate, I can only take fro granted those players but what about

Big nose Hayden? Langer? Lee? Hussey (x2) Symonds (umm yeah ok not the best example) etc etc.

I'd prefer Ponting to, Hussein, Flintoff, Pieterson, Atherton, Gatting, Stewart and just about every other English skipper we have ever had.  Your team is for eg 23-1 or 23-2 and Ponting comes in and takes the next day to hit 150+ not only saving but possibly winning the game for you when at the end of the first hour of the first session its looking like you will loose on day 3.

His batting is excellent, was number 1 a few years back and is also an excellent fielder.  He can think 2 moves ahead in regards to field placings and is inspirational.  You never get players revolting against him and is held in high regard.

I love him that man, what a man, what a player, get him up yur I wanna boff him, Ricky, Ricky, Ricky.

Well maybe not, I cant stand him but fuck me he's good at what he does.
Adams_BJ
Turns out you were cucked
+2,037|5374|Little Bentcock

1927 wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Are you thinking of Steve Waugh 27?

Most of the great players he's known for playing with such as Warne, McGrah, Gillie etc. came into the team under Waugh as far as I know.
I could be mate, I can only take fro granted those players but what about

Big nose Hayden? Langer? Lee? Hussey (x2) Symonds (umm yeah ok not the best example) etc etc.

I'd prefer Ponting to, Hussein, Flintoff, Pieterson, Atherton, Gatting, Stewart and just about every other English skipper we have ever had.  Your team is for eg 23-1 or 23-2 and Ponting comes in and takes the next day to hit 150+ not only saving but possibly winning the game for you when at the end of the first hour of the first session its looking like you will loose on day 3.

His batting is excellent, was number 1 a few years back and is also an excellent fielder.  He can think 2 moves ahead in regards to field placings and is inspirational.  You never get players revolting against him and is held in high regard.

I love him that man, what a man, what a player, get him up yur I wanna boff him, Ricky, Ricky, Ricky.

Well maybe not, I cant stand him but fuck me he's good at what he does.
He's in a tough spot, we have a young fairly inexperienced squad. All the greats that I remember have left and are playing IPL.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|5417|NT, like Mick Dundee

He's a good player yes, I never said boot him from the team. I said he's not the best captain we could have had. Then again, maybe I'm just jaded after having so many epic captains.

Hayden made his debut under Taylor, but went silent again for a bit as his average wasn't good enough to keep him on the team alongside the other opening batsmen. Did pretty well with Waugh as captain though.

Lee made his debut under Waugh and had some of his best performances then.

Langer played first under Taylor, then Waugh and finished up his excellent career under Ponting.

The sun is setting on Australian cricket methinks. We really need to sit back and develop the young talent better as almost all the old guys are gone now.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5425|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Fucking hell, I thought Ponting been skipper for yonks like?

Talking of Waugh, how funny was it when they had a go back at someone only for the intended victim to reply 'Shut up your not even the best cricketer in your family'.  The Aussies pissed emselves over it.
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5425|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Oh well, 1 week after 'Strayer got knocked out England have aswell.

Bowled rain, Caught Duckworth Lewis.

How the fuck can you try and defend 80 runs when the opposistion have 10 wickets in hand?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,609|5373|London, England
I don't see why it had to be only 9 overs. The ground has floodlights. Why not just extend it into the night. At least 15 overs would've been decent. I don't see why they've got to do it like F1 where the match can't last longer than a certain amount of time so they have to start making the race shorter (or in the case for cricket, less overs)


I understand if it's like test cricket or an ODI that's only supposed to last during the daytime as conditions can be different at night and some grounds don't have lights, but for a T20 match .....it's just dumb to truncate a match so much.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|4249|England
When is it next on telly?

Someone remind me so I can paint a patch of plain white paint on the wall and watch it dry when the cricket is on.
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5425|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

SamBo:D wrote:

When is it next on telly?

Someone remind me so I can paint a patch of plain white paint on the wall and watch it dry when the cricket is on.
11.20 pm BBC2, I wouldn't worry about it though, you have usually been put to bed by then.
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|4249|England
ooo stinger
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5425|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

SamBo:D wrote:

ooo stinger
Yeah it fucking hurt thats why.

In other news I came the closest yet to play international sports(yet) today/tomorrow.

Got selected to play vs Wales over 40's and then Over 50's, today/tomorrow.  Can't be arsed though, next time I get selected for this I bet I'll be on the Welsh side/s.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,609|5373|London, England
Well that was a surprise. Pakistan winning the tournament, after all the shit that's happened, I'd have thought for them it would all be over for some time. Fair play, they knocked out favourites South Africa, and then second favourites Sri Lanka


Still, South Africa or at least Sri Lanka should've just rolled over them. But they killed Sri Lanka in the final

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/8110649.stm


Everyone keeps saying "roll on the Ashes" but when it arrives everyone will realise just how boring Test cricket is. I understand it's a test of stamina and the length is what makes it a "Test" but does that really mean that batsman have to defend 5 overs in a row. T20 shows that runs can be easily made, it shouldn't matter whether it's 20 or 50 or 90 overs (Test) a day.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|5515|d
was a good game, Pakistan played great.
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5425|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Im gutted the T20 is over, they should of extended it by a week and shared some of the games out lover more days or given rain days so games were played the next day if it rained.

Congrats to the Paki's, commiseration to the lil Sri Lankans.  I know Cricket and Cricket knows me but it just goes to show really, it don't matter what pitch you bowl on if you bowl, straight and full you will take wickets.  The best seamers of the comp did this, its basic and simple but effective.

Pakistand did use the short ball in the final to their advantage, just short of a length with plenty of bounce.  You have to be a bit careful due to the 1 bouncer per over rule.

Stroll on the Ashes, its the only test series that gets me hard.

Last edited by 1927 (2009-06-22 02:17:14)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|5379|UK

1927 wrote:

MODS MOVE THIS TO THE SPORTS SECTION PLEASE
rgr
1927
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|5425|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

liquidat0r wrote:

1927 wrote:

MODS MOVE THIS TO THE SPORTS SECTION PLEASE
rgr
Thanks mate, this section could soon be my new home.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2020 Jeff Minard