Selection/fraud85%85% - 81
Election/legitimate14%14% - 14
Total: 95
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6201|Ireland

Turquoise wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I think Bush said that freedom and democracy would spread throughout the region after Iraq gained its freedom.

Perhaps some people should give him credit for not being a complete monkey fuck and actually having a plan that might work.
This really had nothing to do with Iraq.  With or without Saddam nearby, Iran was headed for revolution.
I'm not too sure about that.  Look at the Canadians always trying to be like us Americans because they see our awesomeness and want it also.  I bet Iranians are jealous that Iraqis can listen to hip hop and eat bacon without the government hanging them.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6423|North Carolina

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I think Bush said that freedom and democracy would spread throughout the region after Iraq gained its freedom.

Perhaps some people should give him credit for not being a complete monkey fuck and actually having a plan that might work.
This really had nothing to do with Iraq.  With or without Saddam nearby, Iran was headed for revolution.
I'm not too sure about that.  Look at the Canadians always trying to be like us Americans because they see our awesomeness and want it also.  I bet Iranians are jealous that Iraqis can listen to hip hop and eat bacon without the government hanging them.
I doubt many Muslims are interested in eating pork.  As far as the hip hop goes, they already enjoy a more Western lifestyle than the majority of countries near them.  In many ways, Iran is more Westernized than Iraq.

The difference, of course, is that Iraq has a real democracy and Iran has a faux one.  However, in the past, the government at least was more subtle about defying the will of the people.  The Ayatollah previously banned reformists from running for office despite the popularity of Khatami, and as a result, the people often supported the least conservative candidates running.

Ahmadinejad's rise to power can be partially blamed on Bush's hawkish foreign policy.  By the same token, Mousavi's support among the Iranians could be partially tied to Obama's election, because Iranians have a slightly more favorable view of us now.

Last edited by Turquoise (2009-06-20 19:00:25)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

They are getting ready to play it again on CNN... god damnit they wont give me enough info to track it down online.

It sounds like all out urban warfare.. "New video of alleged police home invasions in Iran coming up at 10pm. 33 minutes ago"
http://twitter.com/donlemoncnn
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York
I just saw that after you posted it on Facebook. Scary as shit.

I feel bad for anyone who's legitimately against the government there and has to live under those circumstances.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Poseidon wrote:

I feel bad for anyone who's legitimately against the government there and has to live under those circumstances.
Fuck yea it is.. there will be no sleep tonight. Shit, I'll probably have nightmares after watching it ..lol.

It literally sounds like someone opened the gates of hell.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6341|New Haven, CT
Should this become a legitimate revolution (and a successful one), it would have the unintended effect of solving our issue with their nuclear weapons program. A democratic and secular Iran would be far less inclined to acquire WMDs than when controlled by the current theocracy.
Lai
+186|6169

Turquoise wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I am inclined to agree with you, but not fully. Drool might actually have a point, though not as black and white as her presented.

I do not think Iran would have followed Iraq by example. In the first place because the regimes were totally different, appart from restricting individual civilian rights. However the best method of supression of ones own population is fear or hatred, specifically by the threat of war with a direct neighbour. Saddam's Iraq was still Iran's number one enemy, perhaps followed by the US, but Iraq was still number one, a much more direct threat than the US and one that has in the past not just shown its teeth, but also bitten. The Bush administration has basically eliminated that threat, any present threats from Iraq are now geared inwards. With Obama's recent election and taken direction, whatever you might think of it, the number two enemy also seems much less threathening. Perhaps not to Iran as a nation, but rather to the people. In summary, the recent (last eight years or so) course of events have severly weakened the governments means of supression in Iran, creating the almost ideal circimstances for the revolution presently at hand.

nukchebi0 wrote:

Should this become a legitimate revolution (and a successful one), it would have the unintended effect of solving our issue with their nuclear weapons program. A democratic and secular Iran would be far less inclined to acquire WMDs than when controlled by the current theocracy.
Possibly but imo, Iran still has the right to acquire them. I do not see why countries like the US, France, Israel, India and Russia are allowed to have them and all hell breaks loose when another country wants them. Credibility is fail!
Turquoise
O Canada

nukchebi0 wrote:

Actually, Mousavi has already stated that he supports the research just as much as the hardliners.
Lai
+186|6169
Iran's nuclear program is not so much about nuclear power as about Iranian sovereignity. While I do not think it is desirable for them to acquire nuclear weapons tech, I do understand why they want the tech, either for weapons or not.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6216

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Look at the Canadians always trying to be like us Americans because they see our awesomeness and want it also..
lol
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Look at the Canadians always trying to be like us Americans because they see our awesomeness and want it also..
lol
why are you lol'ing?  you are autralian
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6216

usmarine wrote:

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

lol
why are you lol'ing?  you are autralian
Autralia was invaded by Canada a long time ago.. we too bow in front of the old queen.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6547|Global Command

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Fuck yea it is.. there will be no sleep tonight. Shit, I'll probably have nightmares after watching it ..lol.

I hope the people of Iran make them bastards pay with their lives.

Out
Rageous
NgoDamWei
+7|5681|Western North Carolina
With the public face of a state saying some nations should not exist, I would not want nukes in their hands, period.  But who really, really wants to attack Iran these days ?  So that moots them for defense uses, ergo, what good are they ? 

It is possible this turns to a valid revolution if for the only reason is to establish the separation of church and state.  I've stated before that Islam is the prime example why that should be so.  Perhaps the general populace has had their 'nuff of thought/dress/marriage/sex police in their lives.
Turquoise
O Canada

NgoDamWei wrote:

With the public face of a state saying some nations should not exist, I would not want nukes in their hands, period.  But who really, really wants to attack Iran these days ?  So that moots them for defense uses, ergo, what good are they ?
Israel has made it clear that they are willing to attack Iran.  If we gave them the green light to do so, they probably would have already.

Now, admittedly, I don't like the thought of a nuclear Iran either.

NgoDamWei wrote:

It is possible this turns to a valid revolution if for the only reason is to establish the separation of church and state.  I've stated before that Islam is the prime example why that should be so.  Perhaps the general populace has had their 'nuff of thought/dress/marriage/sex police in their lives.
Agreed.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I hope the people of Iran make them bastards pay with their lives.

Out
Rageous
They burned the Basiji head quarters after that.
http://www.cnn.com/video/?JSONLINK=/vid … ed.amateur
+1
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
That CNN video that's making everyone on bf2s cry (the one Kez posted before) isn't working for me, what's so shocking about it? Well at least the militia HQ was fucked up!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6639|London, England
For those that actually think A-Jod won, here's an article stating the discrepancies:

When Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was declared the landslide victor in Iran's presidential election - less than 24 hours after polls closed - the shock on the streets of Tehran was palpable.
Monitors from their campaign teams, who by law are allowed to oversee every polling station, were issued with invalid ID cards or refused entry.
And there was a 10-fold increase in the number of mobile polling stations - ballot boxes transported from place to place by agents of the interior ministry, which is run by a close ally of Mr Ahmadinejad.
"They were out of the control of the local authorities and the representatives of the candidates, and nobody knows what they have done to them".
"Early on polling day, the SMS network was shut down, that made me worried about what was going to happen," says Tehran journalist Ali Pahlavan.

With little access to the state-controlled broadcast media, Mr Mousavi's largely young, technically savvy supporters use text messages to campaign.

"Then the interior ministry [where results from polling stations around the country are collated] started kicking out its own employees so that just a skeleton personnel and the top officials were left," says Mr Pahlavan.
Despite the high turnout, the count was remarkably quick, and the results unusually consistent, with none of the typical variations between different regions and cities.
"Iran is a huge country, nearly four times the size of France and they began announcing the results within four hours, in past elections it's taken 24. It just seems to me the fix was in," says Juan Cole, Professor of Middle Eastern History at the University of Michigan.
This one is lol:

For example, in Mr Mousavi's home province of East Azerbaijan, which is known to have fierce regional and ethnic loyalties to the reformist candidate, he polled far worse than expected.

And the liberal cleric Mehdi Karroubi polled 5% in Lorestan, despite having won 55% there in the first round of voting in 2005 when he also stood as a candidate.

"In some provinces like Khoresan or Mazandaran the number of people who voted exceeded the number of eligible voters in those provinces," points out Mr Khalaji.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 110877.stm

All I'm saying is, it's hard to believe the result when you read shit like that, of course it could be fake as the rest of the article points out. The guys could be chatting complete shit for all we know
Lai
+186|6169
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6605|sWEEDen
Anyone else that suspects that other nations already has helped this revolution to get started?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Mekstizzle wrote:

For those that actually think A-Jod won, here's an article stating the discrepancies:

When Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was declared the landslide victor in Iran's presidential election - less than 24 hours after polls closed - the shock on the streets of Tehran was palpable.
Monitors from their campaign teams, who by law are allowed to oversee every polling station, were issued with invalid ID cards or refused entry.
And there was a 10-fold increase in the number of mobile polling stations - ballot boxes transported from place to place by agents of the interior ministry, which is run by a close ally of Mr Ahmadinejad.
"They were out of the control of the local authorities and the representatives of the candidates, and nobody knows what they have done to them".
"Early on polling day, the SMS network was shut down, that made me worried about what was going to happen," says Tehran journalist Ali Pahlavan.

With little access to the state-controlled broadcast media, Mr Mousavi's largely young, technically savvy supporters use text messages to campaign.

"Then the interior ministry [where results from polling stations around the country are collated] started kicking out its own employees so that just a skeleton personnel and the top officials were left," says Mr Pahlavan.
Despite the high turnout, the count was remarkably quick, and the results unusually consistent, with none of the typical variations between different regions and cities.
"Iran is a huge country, nearly four times the size of France and they began announcing the results within four hours, in past elections it's taken 24. It just seems to me the fix was in," says Juan Cole, Professor of Middle Eastern History at the University of Michigan.
This one is lol:

For example, in Mr Mousavi's home province of East Azerbaijan, which is known to have fierce regional and ethnic loyalties to the reformist candidate, he polled far worse than expected.

And the liberal cleric Mehdi Karroubi polled 5% in Lorestan, despite having won 55% there in the first round of voting in 2005 when he also stood as a candidate.

"In some provinces like Khoresan or Mazandaran the number of people who voted exceeded the number of eligible voters in those provinces," points out Mr Khalaji.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle … 110877.stm

All I'm saying is, it's hard to believe the result when you read shit like that, of course it could be fake as the rest of the article points out. The guys could be chatting complete shit for all we know
Also, 40 million votes were hand counted in two hours.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090615/ap_ … llegations
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6734
This seems to be legit... Go protesters... they cut a gas line and blew the building up...
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=592_1245545254
Love is the answer
Laika
+75|5961
That's not good at all, that just gives the President a more legitimate excuse to crack down on the protests.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard