ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

We got a new router because our old one was on it's way out, but we're having even more problems with the Belkin we bought to replace it than the previous one. Basically once we connected wirelessly to it, it then proceeded to never let us connect to it again. It works fine wired, except that twice in the 2 hours we've had it installed, it's lost the connection for 10 seconds or so. I can't tell you the model because Belkin are useless cunts and seem to think that writing Wireless N Router constitutes a model. Basically, it's the short fat black one with two antenna.

I think we'll probably return it, but what should we replace it with? I'd have got a 100 euro Netgear one, but the package we bought came included with a wireless dongle for 100 euro, and they're 50 euro separate so it would cost a lot more. I'll get it if you lot think it'll be worthwhile though. We don't do much file sharing on our network, so getting 1000000Mbit wirelessly and whatnot is wasted on us.

But yeah, comments, suggests, recommendations would be appreciated.
~{TPP}~richoxon
I Want a New Duck
+43|6567|Up a tree
i've got 2 belkins sat under my desk, couldn't get them to ever work properly. so i say YES they are shit
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

I never used anything from Belkin beyond cables, I perceive them as having a cheap reputation.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6252|England
They are an OK brand, prefer D-Link myself but horses for course.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6518|Montucky
I've got a Belkin N52TE game pad..

its great.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

The only thing Belkin can do right is cables. Anything by them containing a PCB is ass cheap Chinese shit.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6114|SC | USA |

Freezer7Pro wrote:

The only thing Belkin can do right is cables. Anything by them containing a PCB is ass cheap Chinese shit.
Like 75% of consumer electronics.

I recently watch a factory show where a company making PSUs marked them as "Made in Taiwan" when in reality the factory was located in mainland china.

Who the fuck knows anymore.
alexb
<3
+590|5940|Kentucky, USA

I prefer Linksys, I have had absolutely no problems so far.
No experience with Belkin, and D-Link was pretty good, but the router died after 3 years or so.
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6670|The Netherlands
The only experience I have with Belkin is an USB wireless transciever. That thing had better reception than any other wireless device that we had, so I wouldn't say belkin is shit.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
Linksys FTW
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

Linksys WRT54G or SMC Networks WBR14-G2
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6391

Had a netgear wireless router/modem, that kept cutting off the signal.  Got a Belkin, and it works fine.  Go figure.
mikkel
+383|6601

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Like 95% of consumer electronics.
fixed
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716

mikkel wrote:

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

fixed
Taiwan ftw cunt.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Brasso
+1,549|6630

belkin is shit, so is d-link.  i do own a ipod car FM transmitter by them and it ain't awful but it's definitely not good either.  i would say their wireless products are worst of all as well.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
signa
~~~~~
+50|6729|Michigan, USA
I had a belkin router about 5 years ago, complete shit. never buy again.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

So Netgear FTW?
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6197|Winland

ghettoperson wrote:

So Netgear FTW?
Not really. Cisco4lyfe.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-06-21 09:14:57)

The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
mikkel
+383|6601

Freezer7Pro wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

So Netgear FTW?
Not really. Cisco4lyfe.
Cisco? Why?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6732|St. Andrews / Oslo

Cybargs wrote:

mikkel wrote:

The_Sniper_NM wrote:

fixed
Taiwan ftw cunt.
Taiwan is pretty much China, tbh.

<3
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6197|Winland

mikkel wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

So Netgear FTW?
Not really. Cisco4lyfe.
Cisco? Why?
Linksys® by Cisco.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Freezer7Pro wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Not really. Cisco4lyfe.
Cisco? Why?
Linksys® by Cisco.
You could have just said Linksys, rather to appear cooler you had to say Cisco. When you grow up and work around real equipment Cisco will mean something else entirely.

Last edited by jsnipy (2009-06-21 12:54:04)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6197|Winland

jsnipy wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Cisco? Why?
Linksys® by Cisco.
You could have just said Linksys, rather to appear cooler you had to say Cisco. When you grow up and work around real equipment Cisco will mean something else entirely.
This is an internet forum, we are here to look cool.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Freezer7Pro wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Linksys® by Cisco.
This is an internet forum, we are here to look cool.
roger
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

So cool kids (js), seconded on the Linksys comment? Any models I should look at? I kinda want the WRT54GL, but since I've got the (dying) 54G right now, it seems like I'd just be buying old technology.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard