Swan
The town bike
+54|5417
Maybe a ps3 will be a better deal for me than a gaming pc
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5467|England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I think the marked difference between the two is the online interaction.  XBox360 has really developed their online GUI and personally I think Xbox Live is waaay better than PS3's PSN.  Yes, PSN is free but I really think you get what you pay for.

Sam, its rather illogical for you to say he (JS) can't afford a PS3 and then demonstrate that an XBox360 with all the fixings is more expensive.  Then again, logic isn't your strong suit so I'll let it pass.

PS3 exclusive games (with the exception of the shitty Sony sports games) are the sole reason to pick up a PS3.  Gran Turismo in particular is almost worth buying the whole system for.
I'm hurt
Kez
+778|5673|London, UK

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I think the marked difference between the two is the online interaction.  XBox360 has really developed their online GUI and personally I think Xbox Live is waaay better than PS3's PSN.  Yes, PSN is free but I really think you get what you pay for.

Sam, its rather illogical for you to say he (JS) can't afford a PS3 and then demonstrate that an XBox360 with all the fixings is more expensive.  Then again, logic isn't your strong suit so I'll let it pass.
lmao owned
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

^^^

I've always said it and I'll say it again - PS3 has the superior hardware, 360 has the superior software (in terms of the consoles themselves that is, in terms of software as in games...that's a whole other argument in itself).
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

War Man wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

The 360 plays most Xbox games as well
Most xbox games? I'm lucky to find an xbox game that will actually play on the 360. Also, bevo, what things do you like about gaming? What kind of gamer are you?
Theres a huge list on the live website of games that are supported...
Brasso
+1,549|6601

Winston_Churchill wrote:

War Man wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

The 360 plays most Xbox games as well
Most xbox games? I'm lucky to find an xbox game that will actually play on the 360. Also, bevo, what things do you like about gaming? What kind of gamer are you?
pretty much all of them, actually.  war man, you either don't have a HD or a brain.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SamBo:D
Banned
+236|5467|England
or both
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

haffeysucks wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

War Man wrote:

pretty much all of them, actually.  war man, you either don't have a HD or a brain.
Well the old xbox games I still have don't work with my xbox 360, just halo 1 & 2. That is why I assumed only few xbox games work for it. Also, I agree with what Jenning said about xbox live being better than PSN.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
MECtallica
+73|6475|jalalabad
the ps3 was cheaper than the xbox360 here for me, $350 USD vs $400 lol

and get the xbawks, ps3 has some good games but Im having a hard time finding ANY worth buying
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

Eh, you can plug a controller into a PC (god knows why), so I just dont see the point in a console.

I have a PS3, but it is my brothers, and it hardly ever gets used anymore...we both play PC a lot more.

The only reason to get a console is to play the various exclusive titles cause you cant wait 4/6months for it to be out on PC.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
War Man

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Eh, you can plug a controller into a PC (god knows why), so I just dont see the point in a console.

I have a PS3, but it is my brothers, and it hardly ever gets used anymore...we both play PC a lot more.

The only reason to get a console is to play the various exclusive titles cause you cant wait 4/6months for it to be out on PC.
Halo 3 is not for pc, and there hasn't been news for it to be for pc.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

War Man wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Please dont mention the H game.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Well in this case, I wouldn't have a PC to plug into. My PC is at my apartment, and is staying there, and I was looking for something for the house. I do have a laptop, but it doesn't run some of my favorites so well. I also have a wii, but I feel none of the wii titles really last that long. Also sports play on the wii is more gimmicky "Hey look, you can 'swing' the wiimote and throw the ball!" than gameplay enhancing. Detection isn't that good and it doesn't even model your swing, it just replaces that for pressing a button.

More than that, it's very frustrating when it doesn't pick up the action at all, or decides to cut it off in the middle.

Plus I'd like to keep it at the apartment anyway, chances are it will get used more often there.
War Man
Well Bevo, do you care about online socializing?

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

War Man wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Please dont mention the H game.
Halo 3, Halo 3, Halo 3, Halo 3, Halo 3.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
get a console if you've got real life mates.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
Basically a PC is far superior to a console except in the aspect of social gaming.

But you can find online friends anyway, so get a decent PC.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

Finray wrote:

Basically a PC is far superior to a console except in the aspect of social gaming.

Passable gaming PC: $1500
Used PS3: $200

???
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Bevo wrote:

Finray wrote:

???
you hardly need to spend $1500 for a gaming PC.

I spent $1500 to run Crysis on all highs at 1920x1080. You can run pretty much any game on a $600-$800 computer.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
War Man

Bevo wrote:

Finray wrote:

???
Answer my question Bevo, you into social gaming or not?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

War Man wrote:

You never asked me that. I don't know that many people with a PS3, no. One, maybe. I don't plan on using my console as a "hai guise" device.

@ Miggle: Regardless, the price is far too high.
War Man

Bevo wrote:

War Man wrote:

You never asked me that. I don't know that many people with a PS3, no. One, maybe. I don't plan on using my console as a "hai guise" device.

I did ask you that, anyway if you are big on social gaming xbox live is a good choice to make otherwise get whatever. Now if you like mmofps games get a ps3 and buy MAG when it comes out.

Oh and ignore miggle, he has shitty game opinions.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

War Man wrote:

Bevo wrote:

War Man wrote:

I did ask you that, anyway if you are big on social gaming xbox live is a good choice to make otherwise get whatever. Now if you like mmofps games get a ps3 and buy MAG when it comes out.

My opinions are shitty, but you suggest buying a console for one game...

Anyways, my "opinions" that you're referring to are facts. GG.
War Man

Miggle wrote:

War Man wrote:

Bevo wrote:

My opinions are shitty, but you suggest buying a console for one game...

Anyways, my "opinions" that you're referring to are facts. GG.
Not just for one game as he will get other games too, and whether or not your opinions are facts you still have shitty taste.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK

Bevo wrote:

War Man wrote:

from what you have said there i strongly recommend a PS3. I don't play console games with mates over the Internet (local/splitscreen only), thats what a PC is for anyway. Therefore the Ps3 is ideal for me.

as to the karma nab *coughPoseidon/Warmancough*. Maybe if the xbox 360 had some worthwhile exclusives other than gears and fable 2 I might get one again. Until then ill stick with the much vaster PS3 exclusive line up.

Last edited by Vilham (2009-06-17 18:42:43)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

Vilham wrote:

Bevo wrote:

War Man wrote:

from what you have said there i strongly recommend a PS3. I don't play console games with mates over the Internet (local/splitscreen only), thats what a PC is for anyway. Therefore the Ps3 is ideal for me.
If you want splitscreen get a PS2.

Modern consoles are too busy working on their shitty online to capitalize on one of their only advantages over PC, which was the vast amount of decent local multiplayer games to play with a few friends in one place.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard