Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6546|Texas - Bigger than France
Palin lost the right to control what is said about her and her family when she decided to be a public figure.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6650

lowing wrote:

loubot wrote:

The sad part was the joke was really lame. If she did not push the mater, everyone would of forgotten what Dave said.
Ya mean eveyone would have forgotten that was not the parent of the 14 year old girl who was joked about getting fucked.
Oh, come on. If it weren't already obvious, Letterman already clarified that he thought it was the 18-year-old daughter who went to the baseball game. The joke doesn't even make sense if the 14-year-old is involved. Palin knows this, as well as anyone capable of thinking rationally (including parents of 14-year-old children). She is feigning outrage as a publicity stunt for her inbred, xenophobic, obese, god warrior supporters.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6656|USA

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

lowing wrote:

loubot wrote:

The sad part was the joke was really lame. If she did not push the mater, everyone would of forgotten what Dave said.
Ya mean eveyone would have forgotten that was not the parent of the 14 year old girl who was joked about getting fucked.
Oh, come on. If it weren't already obvious, Letterman already clarified that he thought it was the 18-year-old daughter who went to the baseball game. The joke doesn't even make sense if the 14-year-old is involved. Palin knows this, as well as anyone capable of thinking rationally (including parents of 14-year-old children). She is feigning outrage as a publicity stunt for her inbred, xenophobic, obese, god warrior supporters.
The joke does make sense, what Letterman did was backpeddle from it when it backfired. Even if it was made at the older daughter, it is the politician and NOT the family members that should be exposed to this shit.

I wouldn't even excuse this shit for the Obama family.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6157|what

lowing wrote:

...but the holiday actions of Michelle Obama and the daughters are fair play?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6656|USA

Pug wrote:

Palin lost the right to control what is said about her and her family when she decided to be a public figure.
No, SHE did, her family did not.

Also this is not the attitude that prevailed in this forum when it was Don Imus on the hot seat, and joking about raping someones daughter is worse.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6656|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

...but the holiday actions of Michelle Obama and the daughters are fair play?
first, I never said a thing about the daughters, and second, nothing was ever said negatively about the first lady.

Last, d othink LEtterman would be beackpeddling for jokes makde about the daughters absence from a ball a game? Do you really think this a comparison?

Last edited by lowing (2009-06-16 07:45:33)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6650
I think using your own family in this matter for your political gain is far worse than making a misinformed joke. You, I, and Palin all know that the joke wasn't intended to be targeted at the 14-year-old daughter. It was a mistake that Letterman apologized not once, but twice for. What Palin is doing is all too representative of the broken politics in this country. She's purposefully ignoring the fact that the joke was not intended to target her younger daughter and is instead looking at it as an opportunity for political gain. By demonizing Letterman as a pedophile and advocate of statutory rape, she is trying to establish herself as the responsible, protective parent that the rest of America can identify with. It's all a facade.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2009-06-16 07:57:33)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6656|USA

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I think using your own family in this matter for your political gain is far worse than making a misinformed joke. You, I, and Palin all know that the joke wasn't intended to be targeted at the 14-year-old daughter. It was a mistake that Letterman apologized not once, but twice for. What Palin is doing is all too representative of the broken politics in this country. She's purposefully ignoring the fact that the joke was not intended to target her younger daughter and is instead looking at it as an opportunity for political gain. By demonizing Letterman as a pedophile and advocate of statutory rape, she is trying to establish herself as the responsible, protective parent that the rest of America can identify with. It's all a facade.
Again, you all were asking for Imus'es head for a hell of alot less than child rape jokes. Why give letterman a pass and crucify Imus. Double standard opinions it would seem.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6650

lowing wrote:

Again, you all were asking for Imus'es head for a hell of alot less than child rape jokes. Why give letterman a pass and crucify Imus. Double standard opinions it would seem.
That's true, but I'm not part of the "you all". I believe that everyone should be called out on their bullshit, and make no mistake, Palin is certainly bullshitting us.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6605|132 and Bush

I got this.
https://i44.tinypic.com/fneicz.jpg
I wonder if it scares other conservatives as well.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
NgoDamWei
+7|5668|Western North Carolina
Letterman most probably did not write the material but it was his err to not screen it properly.  Aplogies do not right a wrong, the damage has already been done.  It only makes the offender seemingly acknowledge they made a mistake and does nothing to mitigate the underlying issue nor to prevent them from a repeat offense.

It's hard to believe that some posters may actually believe their own posts on this matter. It's not you personally nor your family so it's open season whether in good taste or not.  It was supposed to be a joke so that makes it socially acceptable to publicly infer a sexual assault on the minor child or any member for that matter of a political figure that you hold in disdain (whether you correctly know why or not).

No amount of rationalizing about broken political systems, political figures deserve the treatment, nor what one may think is a motive for someone elses action will  justify it.
Pug

lowing wrote:

Pug wrote:

No, SHE did, her family did not.

Also this is not the attitude that prevailed in this forum when it was Don Imus on the hot seat, and joking about raping someones daughter is worse.
I remember photo ops with the entire family.  Yep, let's just keep the family out of it...riiiight.

I also remember that during the campaign she said "No Comment".   Wow, wait a sec...

Letterman shouldn't have said that but has the right to say whatever he likes.  Morally it might be a shitty thing to do, but Palin rolled out the welcome mat a long time ago.

I searched for the Imus topic to see if I posted something similar when that happened.  I couldn't find the thread.  If I posted, I probably said something similar.  If I didn't, then it just proves I could give a shit about Imus.

To be clear, I'm not defending Letterman. 

I'm saying Palin's a whore like her daughter.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5590

Kmarion wrote:

I got this.
http://i44.tinypic.com/fneicz.jpg
I wonder if it scares other conservatives as well.
https://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh207/m8v2/panic-1.png
WHY IS THERE AN INDIAN MAN IN THAT PICTURE?!!!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6605|132 and Bush

Pug wrote:

I'm saying Palin's a whore like her daughter.
Please don't ever use the word morally again. She doesn't want control, but she sure as hell can react.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6450|The Land of Scott Walker

CameronPoe wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Maybe but that's just emotion and human instinct. Something which one should often suppress. On this forum I try my best to debate things from a rational non-emotional point of view. Emotion clouds rationality.
Speaking for myself, I could not have anticipated nor comprehended the way I feel about my children before fatherhood.  Now, my daughter is only turning 3 this year.  But I promise you I would be nose to nose with any man unfortunate enough to shoot his mouth off like that about my daughter.  There's just an unwritten rule that one should not talk like that about another man's daughter, especially an underage daughter.  Regarding the supporters wanting him fired?  Lame.  A simple condemnation of the incredibly crass statement would have been sufficient.
Of course you're going to feel like punching the guys lights out but then where would you be: up on charges of assault that's where with the culprit laughing all the way to the bank. Hence the need to sit back and let anger subside before making rational decisions. Sun Tzu 101. Emotion and quick tempers are probably responsible for 80% of the worlds bad decisions.
Nah, you just make him swing first ... self defense.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5999|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Palin is a media pig.
Her 18 year old is a born again virgin tube snake pig.
And I just heard that her 14 year old was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez. .

It was all on TV so it must be true
Pssst I hear he's Dominican..... that's not going to play well with the base

Who is a worse mother? Kate Gosselin of John & Kate plus Eight or Sarah Palin?
For me its Sarah Palin hands down, btw where is her downs syndrome election prop baby anyway.
You really really, need your prepubescent ass kicked
^^^^ that's a funny one, would that be a virtual kicking or one made up in your head????

My guess is that Letterman apologized because be didn't want to give that media pig Palin another camera op.
She is starting to make Rev Al Sharpton look shy.

And Letterman hasn't been funny for years, he used to be funny on the late show after the tonight show. But ever since he started to try to pander to white hairs who watch CBS, he really hasn't been funny... and look what happens he says one off color thing and people want him fired.....
You just have to hate people who want to sanitize American culture.
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6629
I want Palin fired from America for awhile, shut up, it was a joke!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6656|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Palin is a media pig.
Her 18 year old is a born again virgin tube snake pig.
And I just heard that her 14 year old was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez. .

It was all on TV so it must be true
Pssst I hear he's Dominican..... that's not going to play well with the base

Who is a worse mother? Kate Gosselin of John & Kate plus Eight or Sarah Palin?
For me its Sarah Palin hands down, btw where is her downs syndrome election prop baby anyway.
^^^^ that's a funny one, would that be a virtual kicking or one made up in your head????

My guess is that Letterman apologized because be didn't want to give that media pig Palin another camera op.

And Letterman hasn't been funny for years, he used to be funny on the late show after the tonight show. But ever since he started to try to pander to white hairs who watch CBS, he really hasn't been funny... and look what happens he says one off color thing and people want him fired.....
Neither, it is merely an observation, and based on your previous post, an accurate one...........
Diesel_dyk
+178|5999|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Neither, it is merely an observation, and based on your previous post, an accurate one...........
Its a little ironic that you claim that an underage girl needs protection from a verbal joke while at the same time you want to physically kick my "prepubescent" ass. Doesn't that mean that society needs protecting from you too.

A magician says to a group of prepubescent children: "gather around children for a magic trick, Abracadabra POOF and Lowing's logic vanishes."
Child says to Magician: "Mister... you can't fool me, there was never any logic there."

Besides I think Dave should apologize to Alex Rodriguez for associating him with the Palins.  Now that was a really dirty thing for Dave to do. Like anyone would want to risk having Sarah Palin for mother-in-law. I think I better pitch that one as a sitcom.
Benzin
+576|6003
I read an interview with Jeff Foxworthy about this. He said that he agreed Letterman fucked up, but Letterman is also doing this shit DAILY. Every now and again, you will fuck up. That's what Foxworthy says and I agree. Letterman apologized, and that should be enough. Palin calls herself a conservative Christian. Is not forgiveness one of the main pillars of Christianity? Forgive and forget. If most the world could grasp that idea for such trivial things and just let them be, we wouldn't have so many problems that we do nowadays.

It was a very bad joke, but if Palin hadn't brought it up, it would have died there that night and never would have been remembered. Sure, Palin needs to defend her daughter and call Letterman out and it's fine that she did it. But to draw it out is bad. She should have publicly accepted his apology and let it die there and then. But no, she's trying to bleed it for all it's worth.

Palin is a giant windbag, though. I can't fucking stand her. I want to punch her in the face everytime I see her. She epitomizes everything that is wrong with America.
Pug

Kmarion wrote:

Please don't ever use the word morally again. She doesn't want control, but she sure as hell can react.
If the intention was to leave her daughter alone...what's a better plan:
1)  ignoring the issue and no one remembers the last episode, or

2) making sure everyone knows her other daughter is a slut during the next few national newscycles?

So yeah, she's allowed further reaction so she can be more of a media whore.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6656|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

Its a little ironic that you claim that an underage girl needs protection from a verbal joke while at the same time you want to physically kick my "prepubescent" ass. Doesn't that mean that society needs protecting from you too.

A magician says to a group of prepubescent children: "gather around children for a magic trick, Abracadabra POOF and Lowing's logic vanishes."
Child says to Magician: "Mister... you can't fool me, there was never any logic there."

Besides I think Dave should apologize to Alex Rodriguez for associating him with the Palins.  Now that was a really dirty thing for Dave to do. Like anyone would want to risk having Sarah Palin for mother-in-law. I think I better pitch that one as a sitcom.
Nope, only people such as yourself should need protecting, but that is not to imply you deserve protection. Again I never said I wanted to do anything to you, maybe your psrents should have, hell based on what I read from you, perhaps your parents should have their asses kicked even worse.
Diesel_dyk
+178|5999|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, only people such as yourself should need protecting, but that is not to imply you deserve protection. Again I never said I wanted to do anything to you, maybe your psrents should have, hell based on what I read from you, perhaps your parents should have their asses kicked even worse.
You Lowing you are really funny, first you say I didn't say that and you edit out your own quote, btw here's the rest of the quote

lowing wrote:

and if that wasn't immature enough, then you go on to wish violence against my parents, which I guess you will now proceed to edit out at your convenience. Beating on children and the elderly, while waving your white hat and carrying a banner that reads protect Palin The Children. Does your hypocrisy know no bounds. IMO its just funny as in funny ridiculous, not funny ha ha.

A comedian tells a dumb off color joke and some people get a wild hair up their ass about it, though I really doubt the sincerity of it all. IMO its more about supporting the Palin GOP banner than protecting children. Anyway I call it like I see it, all emotion and no logic, empty threats and throwing branches and rubbish like a chimpanzee, I feel like I've stepped back into middle school. I pretty much have you pegged now, though I have to think far back at what the hotheads used to do in grade 9, but go on and confirm my diagnosis.

^^^^ typical Grade nine mentality ^^^^

Just like your personal tag says "The Rock that liberals break themselves upon." I guess it isn't possible to come to reason with a rock. especially where that rock is in the hands of a person trying to coerce their opinion on everyone else without at least putting up the pretense of a logical argument. I believe the short hand for that is termed bullying.

BTW I have a Grandma, uncles, aunts, cousins etc that you can wish violence upon too. Give em all a shout down with your rock for lulz.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6656|USA

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

You Lowing you are really funny, first you say I didn't say that and you edit out your own quote, btw here's the rest of the quote

lowing wrote:

and if that wasn't immature enough, then you go on to wish violence against my parents, which I guess you will now proceed to edit out at your convenience. Beating on children and the elderly, while waving your white hat and carrying a banner that reads protect Palin The Children. Does your hypocrisy know no bounds. IMO its just funny as in funny ridiculous, not funny ha ha.

A comedian tells a dumb off color joke and some people get a wild hair up their ass about it, though I really doubt the sincerity of it all. IMO its more about supporting the Palin GOP banner than protecting children. Anyway I call it like I see it, all emotion and no logic, empty threats and throwing branches and rubbish like a chimpanzee, I feel like I've stepped back into middle school. I pretty much have you pegged now, though I have to think far back at what the hotheads used to do in grade 9, but go on and confirm my diagnosis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSPe--Z3_6w

Just like your personal tag says "The Rock that liberals break themselves upon." I guess it isn't possible to come to reason with a rock. especially where that rock is in the hands of a person trying to coerce their opinion on everyone else without at least putting up the pretense of a logical argument. I believe the short hand for that is termed bullying.

BTW I have a Grandma, uncles, aunts, cousins etc that you can wish violence upon too. Give em all a shout down with your rock for lulz.
Yup, if your aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins are like you, they probably have an ass whippin coming as well.

and no, based on your first post I responded to, you have absolutely no chance of trying to communicate your version of reason or logic to me.

Was there anything else?

Last edited by lowing (2009-06-19 00:18:41)

Diesel_dyk
+178|5999|Truthistan

lowing wrote:

Diesel_dyk wrote:

lowing wrote:

lowing wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSPe--Z3_6w

Yup, if your aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins are like you, they probably have an ass whippin coming as well.

and no, based on your first post I responded to, you have absolutely no chance of trying to communicate your version of reason or logic to me.

Was there anything else?
uhhhhh, my very first post was meant to be juvenille, as juvenille as Letterman's joke and as ridculous as the response from that media pig Palin.

IMO Palin has a handcapped baby that needs her attention more than the country needs her push for attention.

But since I'm wasting my time beating a dead horse here with a rock of common sense, I'll move on... fun as always

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard