farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6500

Ok, so i'm thinking about getting a motorcycle but I need some guidance from people who have been there done that.

It will be my 1st bike and i'll only be 17 but I have a license so that's all taken care of. I'm looking for good pricing like under 1000 but if that can't happen then as close to 1000 as possible. Also no choppers .

Please and thank you

PS please post a link to the site where you found it if you could, just wanted to make sure and say that
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF

farmerfez wrote:

Ok, so i'm thinking about getting a motorcycle but I need some guidance from people who have been there done that.

It will be my 1st bike and i'll only be 17 but I have a license so that's all taken care of. I'm looking for good pricing like under 1000 but if that can't happen then as close to 1000 as possible. Also no choppers .

Please and thank you

PS please post a link to the site where you found it if you could, just wanted to make sure and say that
Where do you live?
The#1Spot
+105|6509|byah
You can have a really nice 21speed mountain bike or a really shitty motorcycle. Your choices are a salvage, a first generation Ninja 250 or a moped.
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6632|The Outer Circle
Get a Bandit 600 as yer first bike if ya have got a full licence, not a lot of power and easy to fix when ya drop it... coz ya will.

If not get a 2 stroke 125, RS or a Mito, they'll teach ya how to ride proper lines.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

There is only one brand of bikes and that is Ducati ... prolly won't get one for under a 1000 though ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6500

SirSchloppy wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

Please and thank you

Where do you live?
Michigan

Southeastern to be exact
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF

TPM-J45P3R- wrote:

Get a Bandit 600 as yer first bike if ya have got a full licence, not a lot of power and easy to fix when ya drop it... coz ya will.

If not get a 2 stroke 125, RS or a Mito, they'll teach ya how to ride proper lines.
You can't get 2 strokes in America. That's why I asked.
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6663|Brunei Darussalam

Sportbike, supermoto, cruiser..?

Loads of brands to go with, debends really what kind of bike you are looking for.

First and foremost, go and testdrive them. That's your best indicator.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6500

Janis_Petke wrote:

Sportbike, supermoto, cruiser..?

Loads of brands to go with, debends really what kind of bike you are looking for.

First and foremost, go and testdrive them. That's your best indicator.
Just a streetbike
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

What amount of CC are you allowed to drive?
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6500

Ultrafunkula wrote:

What amount of CC are you allowed to drive?
no idea 0o

something on the low end probably
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6491
If it's your first bike, I suggest not going overboard.

I'd go with either a 500cc or 600 bike, but not much bigger. I outgrew my 250 within a few months. Great to learn on, but you start wanting more pretty soon. A smooth 500, like the kawi Ninja will be gentle to learn on but gives you something to grown into.

But my personal fav:
Suzuki SV650s
https://www.technical-specification.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/windowslivewritersuzukisv650ssaspecs2008-12e29suzuki-sv650sa1.png

This bike is the perfect learner, imo. Good acceleration, fun in the twisties, but it won't try to buck you at the first chance. But it's all up to you, choose what you like.

P.S: Buy USED. You may try hard, swear you won't, but you will drop the bike. A gravel turn, a highside, or some retard backing into it, it's going to happen. A used bike will be a lot cheaper to fix and won't rip out your heart with each scratch and crack.

Good luck!

P.P.S: I don't know how the laws are in Michigan, but always always always always ALWAYS where a helmet. Seriously. Always.

Last edited by Protecus (2009-06-14 09:33:43)

Defiance
+438|6641

Protecus wrote:

P.P.S: I don't know how the laws are in Michigan, but always always always always ALWAYS where a helmet. Seriously. Always.
At minimum. If you hit the ground with any speed, your head's the most important bit but damn if the roadrash doesn't hurt.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6500

Protecus wrote:

If it's your first bike, I suggest not going overboard.

I'd go with either a 500cc or 600 bike, but not much bigger. I outgrew my 250 within a few months. Great to learn on, but you start wanting more pretty soon. A smooth 500, like the kawi Ninja will be gentle to learn on but gives you something to grown into.

But my personal fav:
Suzuki SV650s
http://www.technical-specification.com/ … 650sa1.png

This bike is the perfect learner, imo. Good acceleration, fun in the twisties, but it won't try to buck you at the first chance. But it's all up to you, choose what you like.

P.S: Buy USED. You may try hard, swear you won't, but you will drop the bike. A gravel turn, a highside, or some retard backing into it, it's going to happen. A used bike will be a lot cheaper to fix and won't rip out your heart with each scratch and crack.

Good luck!

Yeah im pretty sure you have to wear one.

Know any good used cycle sites? Or can I just use the auto ones
Protecus
Prophet of Certain Certainties
+28|6491

farmerfez wrote:

Know any good used cycle sites? Or can I just use the auto ones
Top 2: Craigslist and Cycle Trader

Check the newspaper too, good deals pop up now and then. Daddy's gotta get rid of the bike quick to make child support payments, stuff like that.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England
I think with things like this, Internet shopping doesn't beat going to a store and checking them out/buying them in person.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6335|California
Streetbike so you can race and win money for a better bike

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard