CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1092140.html

Have we another Yitzhak Rabin on our hands? I certainly hope so. Shimon Peres, the President of Israel, is cutting through the shit from Likud and the Zionists and making a stand on a Palestinian state. Good man.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-06-11 06:21:23)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
The problem is where the borders are, I'll bet he doesn't mean the 1967 borders.
Until Rabin states his position on this nothing changes.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Dilbert_X wrote:

The problem is where the borders are, I'll bet he doesn't mean the 1967 borders.
Until Rabin states his position on this nothing changes.
Didn't Rabin get killed a decade ago?

Did you mean Netanyahu?

Last edited by Bertster7 (2009-06-11 06:28:25)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6490|Πάϊ
He meant Peres.
ƒ³
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

oug wrote:

He meant Peres.
But Peres already has stated his position on this.

Israel and the Palestinians should move onto the second stage of the road map peace plan, which stipulates the establishment of a Palestinian state with provisional borders, President Shimon Peres said on Thursday.
See?

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to announce his support for the road map in a major policy speech at Bar-Ilan University on Sunday.

But the premier is not expected to commit to a full freeze on construction in Israeli settlements in the West Bank. The Obama administration is pressuring Jerusalem to declare such a freeze, though Netanyahu has thus far balked due to fears it would endanger his ruling coalition.
That's why I think he means Netanyahu.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I meant Peres
which stipulates the establishment of a Palestinian state with provisional borders
Doesn't say where the borders are yet, which is why they are building settlements furiously.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-06-11 08:13:20)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6261|Éire
I'd invest in some tight security if I was Shimon. Fair play to him though.
san4
The Mas
+311|6659|NYC, a place to live

CameronPoe wrote:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1092140.html

Have we another Yitzhak Rabin on our hands? I certainly hope so. Shimon Peres, the President of Israel, is cutting through the shit from Likud and the Zionists and making a stand on a Palestinian state. Good man.
The Palestinians immediately rejected what Peres proposed, a Palestinian state with provisional borders. I'm sure he knew they would reject it when he said it, so he was probably just playing games.

Doesn't matter anyway, the controversy about Israel endorsing a Palestinian state is irrelevant to the so-called peace process.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

san4 wrote:

Doesn't matter anyway, the controversy about Israel endorsing a Palestinian state is irrelevant to the so-called peace process.
I consider it critical to the peace process...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard