CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6100|Carnoustie MASSIF
Hey guys, my Dad is having a bit of a problem getting his digital photos to show reds in Photoshop and Lightroom.

When he looks at the icon on the desktop, the reds are showing up, but when he tries to open it in these programs, the reds are showing up as an orange, subsequently, when he goes to print out the photo, it comes out with a green tinge.

He uses a monitor calibration thing by HueyPro, but the dog chewed it slightly, so he was wondering if that could be the problem?

Any thoughts guys?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

The dog chewed what?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5717|Croatia
check the alpha channels

or if you could post a screenshot of what it actually looks like it would be much of help
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

Sounds like he's adjusted the tint/hue or colors in PS or something. Maybe he could try resetting PS to defaults and see if that helps???
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia
Yeah, post a screenshot or something like that. If the dog has messed with the HueyPro, then that could be a cause of the problems.

With the printing problem, what usually happens is that the color profiles of the printer and screen don't match - what you see on the screen can't actually be replicated by the printer, so something else is printed. However it's not usually as drastic as orange to a green tinge.

The Huey should create an ICC profile that you tell your screen to use (I think...). I'm not exactly sure, but I think you need to tell the printer to use that same profile.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia

King_County_Downy wrote:

Sounds like he's adjusted the tint/hue or colors in PS or something. Maybe he could try resetting PS to defaults and see if that helps???
Hmmm....

Actually, it could be that the desktop previews are in the usual RGB colour space, while Photoshop (for some reason) opens the pictures in KMCY mode.

Open one of the pics, and go to Image > Mode and ensure that RGB is ticked.

Edit: I'm heading off to bed.. Will check this thread sometime tomorrow. Good luck.
aimless
+166|6095|Texas
PS & Lightroom are using a different color profile than the desktop. You can change it in both of those programs.

Last edited by aimless (2009-06-11 14:15:02)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard