Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6455|Tyne & Wear, England
Fucking hell.  You could buy Newcastle for that!
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

Switch wrote:

Fucking hell.  You could buy Newcastle for that!
Nah, the Sunderland fan clearly has it in his pocket with the 10p bid.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

Nope, some guy made the 10p bid look pathetic, he's offering a fucking Curly Wurly!
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
On a more down to earth note. Richard Dunne could be off to Sunderland
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6665|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

The Sheriff wrote:

He won't go Chelsea, he advised Kaka not to go there.
How do you know that?

Switch wrote:

Comisserations mate, hopefully you'll pull through and it wont come to this.
blah
macaroni with cheeseeee
+111|5739|Croatia
Real Madrid is like EA games;They're the richest and biggest,yet they still suck
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5756|Belgium

blah wrote:

Real Madrid is like EA games;They're the richest and biggest,yet they still suck
Haha, good one.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

1927 wrote:

Switch wrote:

Comisserations mate, hopefully you'll pull through and it wont come to this.
I quite rate Dunne really.  He's a big dirty bastard and that's something that we missed last season.

I wouldn't mind signing your Welsh lad James Collins either, when we played the Hammers at Upton Park he had Kenwyne Jones in his pocket all game.

Last edited by Switch (2009-06-11 05:19:04)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

In an interview he was (Kaka) saying how Becks advised him to go to Real out of the clubs interested. When they were both at Milan this is.
Dunne is too calamity for me, he's a good lad and all that that goes with it but points that win prizes not 'work for charity m8' as the saying goes.  I think Sunderland should set their sights higher, higher than an established international with loads of experience and who makes a good capt...yep.  Perhaps its personal.  But I would be a bit gutted if he came to my club (if I was a current Sunderland fan).

As for Collins, I'd go for it myself, Wales's best CB, Gabbidon would be but I reckon he's close to retiring due to being too injury prone.  The Hammers seem to be a bit harsh on JC, if that boy is given a shirt week in week out he thrives on it and dosen't take his selection for granted.

-----------

Ahh I see Shezza, I still reckon Chelsea would be a good bet due to Ancelotti and the way they can afford wages, its London so his Mrs be happy, he will be with other current England players, he can grab the limelight once more before retiring and the current English boss won't get enough about 'Becks Fever' if/when he comes back.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand
I'd like to see that 27, he would never start a game though apart from in the league cup such is the quality of midfielders we have, but he'd be very useful in the last 15-20 mins if we're struggling and need some good balls into the box. Never been a fan of Lampards deliveries tbh.
I know fucking karate

justice wrote:

I'd like to see that 27, he would never start a game though apart from in the league cup such is the quality of midfielders we have, but he'd be very useful in the last 15-20 mins if we're struggling and need some good balls into the box. Never been a fan of Lampards deliveries tbh.
Do you play 4-4-2? (Should do, Drogba and Anelka work well)

If so who are the 4 midfielders?

....... Lampard    .......    .......
Kez
+778|5695|London, UK
Beckham for Aston Villa. Gogogogo
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand

1927 wrote:

justice wrote:

Do you play 4-4-2? (Should do, Drogba and Anelka work well)

If so who are the 4 midfielders?

....... Lampard    .......    .......
We did seem to be playing a mixture of 4-4-2 and 4-3-3...but who knows what the new manager will do.

In the 4 I would say Cole Lampard Essien/Ballack and Malouda on the left...and I'm leaving mikkel out there who's a quality holding mid too, so Becks would be hard pushed to get in there somewhere, but with injuries and suspensions etc. I guess he would get a few starts.
I know fucking karate
He'd get in there instead of Ballack IMO, they offer differen't things but being biased Id go with Beckam as Beckam can pass a ball like no other and I still don't think Ballack has returned his fee and wages, not his fault he's overpriced but do you know what I mean?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6724|St. Andrews / Oslo

Scolari tried to get some 4-4-2/4-3-3 rotation stuff going, but that didn't really work. It seems we need to consentrate on one formation, and atm that looks to be 4-3-3 (with the massive ammount of quality center midfielders, we really should, heh).

As for next season, I think there's a good chance of Zhirkov coming, but at that price tag we could get Ashley young, which would be a better purchase imo. I really want to sell Drogba and bring in a young striker with a better attitude - Aguero, Pato, Dzeko, Vagner Love (in that order).

Also, we need to decide if we want to start using Mancienne, or sell him - he's reaching the end of the "talent" status - he is, after all, one and a half year older than Mikel!

Carvalho should leave, unless he has ambitions to retire at Chelsea. Alex has been solid, and Ivanovic is eager for one of those spots, as well as Mancienne. Deco should go to Inter or something as well.

Also, we need a new reserve keeper to put some pressure on Cech - Ross Thurnbull for example.

No new mid feilders, please. And give the young guns (Stoch, Di Santo and Mancienne mainly) more playing time.

I'd like:

-----------------Aguero/Anelka---------------------

Malouda/Zhirkov-------------------J. Cole/Anelka

-------Lampard/J.Cole------Essien/Ballack--------

--------------Mikel/Essien/Ballack------------------

A.Cole/Zhirkov--Alex/Iva--Terry/Manci--Bos/Iva/Manci

-----------------Cech/Thurnbull---------------------
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5780|Catherine Black

The Sheriff wrote:

Nope, some guy made the 10p bid look pathetic, he's offering a fucking Curly Wurly!
But a curly wurly is worth 20p..
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Jenspm
penis

Finray wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Finray wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

I saw last posy by Finray and thought 'fuck me the lads come out with football genius here', but thankfully not, only kidding, fuck all wrong if you don't like football, nothing wrong with being a bit girly mate x
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
4-4-2 does the job, but it's becoming a bit old fashioned now.  I think you need something more flexible.

I like a 4-3-3 formation with one centre forward and two wingers, the wingers tuck back in to midfield and make it 4-5-1 when the team isn't in posession of the ball.  Although you need good quality, pacy wingers with bags of stamina.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand
I don't want Carvalho to leave, he's a better defender than Alex imo, he might not get the goals but his ability to read the game in and around the box is second to none, I've lost count of the amount of goal saving tackles he made, Alex on the other hand is usually solid can make stupid mistakes in any given game....He said he only wants to leave if he's not playing every week, so I hope Ancelloti uses him from match day 1. JT is ofcourse the mighty JT, but he needs someone to be covering him with his lack of pace, that's what Riccy does so well, they have a great understanding.

Have to disagree with you on the strikers Jens, Anelka is well past his prime, he is shockingly bad in most games, and seems to only like scoring in unimportant times in unimportant matches, I just don't rate him....As for Drogba I don't get why you'd want to sell him? I know hundreds on chelsea fans and pretty much all want him to stay, there is no other like him, he steps up when he is needed.....but yes a fast agile young striker to accompany him, such as Aguero, would be fantastic.

More hours for Di santo and mancienne, especially Di santo, he is going to be something special....As for Zhirkov I don't know much about him, what's he known for?
I know fucking karate
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge

justice wrote:

As for Zhirkov I don't know much about him, what's he known for?
Having a funny name.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6733|OctoLand

Switch wrote:

justice wrote:

As for Zhirkov I don't know much about him, what's he known for?
Having a funny name.
Yes, that was my first thought
I know fucking karate
Jenspm
penis

justice wrote:

I don't want Carvalho to leave, he's a better defender than Alex imo, he might not get the goals but his ability to read the game in and around the box is second to none, I've lost count of the amount of goal saving tackles he made, Alex on the other hand is usually solid can make stupid mistakes in any given game....He said he only wants to leave if he's not playing every week, so I hope Ancelloti uses him from match day 1. JT is ofcourse the mighty JT, but he needs someone to be covering him with his lack of pace, that's what Riccy does so well, they have a great understanding.

Have to disagree with you on the strikers Jens, Anelka is well past his prime, he is shockingly bad in most games, and seems to only like scoring in unimportant times in unimportant matches, I just don't rate him....As for Drogba I don't get why you'd want to sell him? I know hundreds on chelsea fans and pretty much all want him to stay, there is no other like him, he steps up when he is needed.....but yes a fast agile young striker to accompany him, such as Aguero, would be fantastic.

More hours for Di santo and mancienne, especially Di santo, he is going to be something special....As for Zhirkov I don't know much about him, what's he known for?
As for Carvalho, you are indeed correct, but he seems to have passed his prime... I dunno. We need to sell one defender imo, it might well be Ivanovic or Mancienne...

Drogba has annoyed the hell out of me. He's a great player, but he acts like a fucking bitch on the field. He needs to get his act together or leave, imo. If he had the mentality of - say - Joe Cole or Wayne Rooney, I wouldn't trade him for anyone. Anelka is a good back-up, imo. His finishing is brilliant, and he has even proved himself as a great winger as well (much better than Kalou). He seemed to lack motivation this year, which could explain the lack of performance against good teams. He has the skills though, as he's shown against the other teams, so with some motivational boost he should be scoring in the big matches as well - I hope.

In the WC there were three Russians that showed themselves big time. Arshavin, Pavlyuchenko, and Zhirkov. Arshavin and Pavlyuchenko both went to the PL shortly after, as you know, and Zhirkov is still in Russia. In the WC he played Left Back, but he plays left wing at CSKA Moscow. He's fast, technical and has a good shot as well. Nominated for best player in Europe. Being able to play every position on the left side, he'd elegantly fix our small left back problem

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard