Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6140|'straya

lowing wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of Gaza and the West Bank

but your little squirming smart ass comments are nothing if not adorable
Hey it's tough being right all the time. And since when was the West Bank handed back? lol
Why thank you it is about time you admitted I was right, but please do not stop with your little personal attacks, I enjoy reading it

It was not handed back, settlements are being dismattled
No they're not. Israel may say they are, but in reality they just aren't building any new ones. So they are keeping their settlements but by not building more the international eye is turned away again.
Karbin
+42|6286

CameronPoe wrote:

Karbin wrote:

Yup... that was the UN plan. If the Security Council hadn't dropped the ball. As I stated earlier in the thread:
While the plan was never implemented, Israel's Declaration of Independence of May 1948 cites the UN resolution among the items recognizing the right of the Jewish People to establish a state.

I never said The West Bank had been handed back. I did say it was a mess. (see Oslo Accords)
And yes, I have been there..... three times as a "Blue Beret" with no axe to grind.
It may cite the resolution, but ultimately it was meaningless claptrap out of what everyone knows to be a largely pointless talkshop whose main role is to lend some semblance of 'legitimacy' to wars, invasions and embargoes. It had no moral right. How some ambassador from New Zealand has a right to vote on the fate of somebody in Palestine is beyond me.

lowing said the West Bank had been handed back. Sorry.
I can see Cam, that we will not change each others view on this one.
I say it dose, you say it don't.
End of story.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

Karbin wrote:

End of story.
And that's fair enough. Thanks for the chat.
Karbin
+42|6286

CameronPoe wrote:

Karbin wrote:

End of story.
Now if the twits in ME could handle it this way.............

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

Karbin wrote:

Yup... that was the UN plan. If the Security Councle hadn't dropped the ball. As I stated earler in the thread:
While the plan was never implemented, Israel's Declaration of Independence of May 1948 cites the UN resolution among the items recognizing the right of the Jewish People to establish a state.

I never said The West Bank had been handed back. I did say it was a mess. (see Oslo Accords)
And yes, I have been there..... three times as a "Blue Beret" with no axe to grind.
It may cite the resolution, but ultimately it was meaningless claptrap out of what everyone knows to be a largely pointless talkshop whose main role is to lend some semblance of 'legitimacy' to wars, invasions and embargoes. It had no moral right. How some ambassador from New Zealand has a right to vote on the fate of somebody in Palestine is beyond me.

lowing said the West Bank had been handed back. Sorry.
Actually do I didn't, I said Israel had conceded land. I also take note that you are not acknowledging that Gaza has been a source of rocket attacks into Israel. The point being, which I know you understand but can not admit, that when Israel leaves areas of land, it is used against them.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Karbin wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Karbin wrote:

End of story.
Now if the twits in ME could handle it this way.............

ya mean accomplish nothing? Yeah I think they got that down pretty good.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

lowing wrote:

Actually do I didn't, I said Israel had conceded land. I also take note that you are not acknowledging that Gaza has been a source of rocket attacks into Israel. The point being, which I know you understand but can not admit, that when Israel leaves areas of land, it is used against them.
Only a babbling idiot wouldn't acknowledge that rockets come from Gaza. They did even when Israel occupied the area. They probably won't stop until the Palestinian issue has been fully resolved either. And the Sinai Peninsula is 100% proof positive that you are full of shit as usual.
Karbin
+42|6286

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Only a babbling idiot wouldn't acknowledge that rockets come from Gaza. They did even when Israel occupied the area. They probably won't stop until the Palestinian issue has been fully resolved either. And the Sinai Peninsula is 100% proof positive that you are full of shit as usual.
Whats your point on Sinai?
It's under control of Egypt.
Who controls Gaza?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

Karbin wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Who controls Gaza?
Sinai is land 'ceded' by Israel, as in lowings comment 'Israel leaves areas of land'. No rocket attacks hail from Egypt.
Karbin
+42|6286

CameronPoe wrote:

Karbin wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Who controls Gaza?
Sinai is land 'ceded' by Israel, as in lowings comment 'Israel leaves areas of land'. No rocket attacks hail from Egypt.
Again, it's under control of Egypt. Egypt has a peace treaty. (Camp David)
Gaza is under the control of Hamas.
Hamas's 1988 charter calls for replacing the State of Israel with a Palestinian Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.
Kind a hard to get a peace treaty with that in your charter.
san4
The Mas
+311|6680|NYC, a place to live

CameronPoe wrote:

san4 wrote:

Karbin wrote:

As long as Arab opinions on the ME remain entrenched, nothing will change.
Fixed.

The Palestinian and other Arab leaders refuse accept Israel as a Jewish state. They don't want peace, they want the Jews gone.

Like many people, Cam likes to pretend otherwise.
Oh that's right - Egypt and Jordan aren't Arab, Fatah didn't recognise Israel's right to exist, Qatar doesn't have low-level relations with Israel and Syria weren't clandestinely discussing peace with Israel in exchange for getting the Golan Heights back...
If you are suggesting that peace happens when Arabs change their opinions, we're saying the same thing.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

Karbin wrote:

Hamas's 1988 charter calls for replacing the State of Israel with a Palestinian Islamic state in the area that is now Israel, the West Bank, and the Gaza Strip.
lowings comment was a generalised comment that didn't refer specifically to Palestine. It was a catch all reference to Arabs/Muslims or any land 'ceded' by Israel - he made no distinction. Lowing is fond of generalisations.

Hamas will have to change their stance. If Sinn Féin could in the six counties, viewed in the context of the 1960s/1970s, then anything is possible.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-06-06 18:14:31)

Karbin
+42|6286

CameronPoe wrote:

Karbin wrote:

lowings comment was a generalised comment that didn't refer specifically to Palestine. It was a catch all reference to Arabs/Muslims or any land 'ceded' by Israel - he made no distinction. Lowing is fond of generalisations.

Hamas will have to change their stance. If Sinn Féin could in the six counties, viewed in the context of the 1960s/1970s, then anything is possible.
Fair enough.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

Karbin wrote:

Oh please stop with the disection, you know damn well the point i was making, you must have, you avoided it like the plague.

Last edited by lowing (2009-06-06 20:25:04)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

lowing wrote:

Oh please stop with the disection, you know doam well the point i was making, you must have, you avoided it like the plague.
Newsflash: I'm not psychic.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Why?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c … ments).gif

Why don't they deserve a state? Do the Israeli's have right to land which was never part of the '49 Armistice or the '47 UN plan?

http://www.teeth.com.pk/blog/wp-content … %20map.jpg

Palestinians aren't going to have a state much longer at this rate...
loss of territory is the risk you take when you start a fuckin war and lose. You have all of your toys taken away.
They didn't start it Mr.HistoryVacuum.
Cam, massing troops along borders, cutting off water and trade routes, STATING you are going ot attack, is starting a war. I suppose you think Israel should have just let it happen instead of a pre-emptive strike.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

lowing wrote:

Cam, massing troops along borders, cutting off water and trade routes, STATING you are going ot attack, is starting a war. I suppose you think Israel should have just let it happen instead of a pre-emptive strike.
Erm it started when boatloads of foreigners came to settle Palestine, kind of like the influx of Mexicans into SW USA, way earlier than any of that shit. Like I said - Mr.HistoryVacuum.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Erm it started when boatloads of foreigners came to settle Palestine, kind of like the influx of Mexicans into SW USA, way earlier than any of that shit. Like I said - Mr.HistoryVacuum.
and just how far back you really want to go?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

lowing wrote:

and just how far back you really want to go?
Well we could hand it back to Egypt or the Canaanites but I think most of the latter are dead now. Killed by the Israelites. Refer to Exodus for details. Maybe the Romans should take some of the blame here.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-06-06 18:32:43)

san4
The Mas
+311|6680|NYC, a place to live

CameronPoe wrote:

Karbin wrote:

The Palestinian Authority also will have to drop its insistence on a total right of return. Settlements, roadblocks and the Gaza blockade are not relevant to peace--according to the Arabs. Neither Hamas nor the Palestinian Authority have suggested they would be willing to change their stance under any circumstances.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

lowing wrote:

Oh please stop with the disection, you know doam well the point i was making, you must have, you avoided it like the plague.
Newsflash: I'm not psychic.
Wow, something you do think you know everything about, let me mark it on my calandar
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

san4 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Karbin wrote:

The Palestinian Authority also will have to drop its insistence on a total right of return. Settlements, roadblocks and the Gaza blockade are not relevant to peace--according to the Arabs. Neither Hamas nor the Palestinian Authority have suggested they would be willing to change their stance under any circumstances.
I doubt Cam would be in favor of this. I am sure he thinks all of the construction and infrastructure established by Israel in what used to be a wasteland should be turned over to Palestine and the Jews should just GTFO.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Palestine has been Palestinian for the past 2,000 years. Its theirs and they should keep it.
There were jews living there peacefully alongside the moslems and the christians - its everyones 'holy land' - if they can't share and want it all for themselves thats too bad.

The question really is do the Israelis 'deserve' a state and who should be forced to give up theirs so they can have it.
I say Texas, America is big enough, the Texans can find a new home somewhere.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
rammunition
Fully Loaded
+143|5853
show me a map before 1947 with Israel on it

i thought not.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

san4 wrote:

These are all matters for discussion and negotiation. Justice alone would dictate that Israel should at least pay reparations to the displaced, akin to German reparations for their crimes. Israel would have to drop their insistence on settlement maintenance and building also - I don't see Benyamin Netanyahu yielding on that right now despite heavy US pressure and despite previous administrations recognition of the need to. I don't see them yielding on a Palestinian capital in East Jerusalem either. They seem quite content to trap another few hundred thousand Palestinians in their little empire.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-06-07 02:47:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard