joker8baller
+68|6672
Seems to me whenever I try to fly a plane it automatically does a barrel roll and crashes me into the ground.. It started when I was commander, anyone else got this probllem?
dubbs
+105|6637|Lexington, KY
I have a solution for you, do not fly as a commander, command.  Just joking.  What plane were you flying and what map were you on?  There is a glitch that on Dragon Valley where you fly over the Docks and you will crash.
M730A2
+45|6700
Yah sport-O maybe it's EA's anty-ass-wipe-o-god-our-commander-is-in-a-fucking-plane-again-and-not-supporting-his-troops-the-fucking-duchebag fix

If it is, I take back every bad thing I have said about EA, if it's not, then how about you stay out of the planes and do you f-ing job ass.
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6749|Vienna- Austria
happens here also.. treid the eurofighter just for fun.. and BOOM.. nose wnet straight into the ground
joker8baller
+68|6672
All the planes and choppers. And M730A2. No one complained when I was commanding and flying... I was effectively doing it, I'm not some noob. + I pulled out with a very good best round score. Am I supposed to wait on land and wait for them to attack? Or should I do what's best and take the offensive. Not my fault you can't fly and command, if you can do it effectively then there's really no problem. But noobs like you don't realize that eh? Actually most of my team were congratulating me for doing an effective job. So um gg idiot. Your a sporting example of a person that plays and just goes for points... It's really not all that hard to command when the other team is just spawning at one place, and your troops are following your orders, so why don't you go bitch to EA and maybe they will make it, because they love whiners like you eh?

Oh, I scored 230 the day before until they glitch hit me flying + commanding...

Last edited by joker8baller (2006-03-31 07:08:01)

[DEI]Bart
fire at will!!!
+76|6718|Leiden, Holland for the n00bs
maybe something with your mouse?

[offtopic]
https://img161.imageshack.us/img161/3642/picturephp8de1vb.gif
most hilairious thing I ever saw Thor
[/offtopic]
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6695|Tampa Bay Florida
Thor your sig is great

Last edited by Spearhead (2006-03-31 07:37:50)

MightyMet
+2|6684|Tacoma, WA
I have to agree with M730A2 on this.  No matter how good you are at multi tasking if at any point you aren't looking at your commander screen and monitoring what's going on you aren't really doing your job as a commander to the best of your abilities.  That's awesome that you can still get a good score and all while doing two jobs but I would venture to bet you would be an even better commander if you weren't splitting your time between flying and commanding.  Just my 2 cents.  Nothing personal by it.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6653
if I'm not mistaken, EA forbids the usage of vehilces on ranked servers, while playing commander (in the ROE) - so I have to agree as well. no matter how good you are, it's just not allowed.
Ethan Hunt
24/7 Ground Pounder
+3|6618|Muncie, IN
It's Karma Bud! Commanders shouldn't be flying planes! :-) lol just kiddin. But Seriously

Last edited by Ethan Hunt (2006-03-31 09:38:18)

.-=5TON3R=-.
+0|6728
lol makes me laugh when people say they can command/drive/fly at the same time.about the only thing u can do while driving or whatever's place uav/supplys,i take it your one of the commanders i cant stand that never bothers to sit & use the scan feature to let your team know where all the enemy are.whats the point in fighting while commander you dont get points for fuckall cause commander scores a % of what the team earns.IMHO to be the most effective commander you should never leave the command screen,always stay in your main base & play engi kit so you repair your own toys without wasting supplys that could be put to better use.
M730A2
+45|6700
IMHO to be the most effective commander you should never leave the command screen,always stay in your main base & play engi kit so you repair your own toys without wasting supplys that could be put to better use.
HELL YES!
guppy99_00
Banned
+11|6737|kansas

M730A2 wrote:

Yah sport-O maybe it's EA's anty-ass-wipe-o-god-our-commander-is-in-a-fucking-plane-again-and-not-supporting-his-troops-the-fucking-duchebag fix

If it is, I take back every bad thing I have said about EA, if it's not, then how about you stay out of the planes and do you f-ing job ass.
now that was funny man!!!!!!
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6751

While I love to advocate flying, unless your in a wickedly small server, you should leave planes and helis to your teammates because:

1) You can't multi-task both commanding and flying and do well at both. You will half ass command, dropping uav and arty only, supplies every now and then if your fast. You will not hand-spot stuff, you probalby won't use scan and wait for it to drift across the map and tell your team whats going on in voice or by typing it out, simply because you can't fly straight forever before going out of bounds. Furthermore, you will not be an effective pilot, simply because you have to fly straight so often to do your command stuff (if you are just dropping UAV quick and keeping to fly, you are a scrub commander).

2) You get no points for your plane kills, they only add to your stats but not your score personally.

3) You get no commander points from letting someone else rack up kills in the plane you are utilizing.

Ultimately, unless the server is small like I said, there will always be people wanting to use that hardware, and if you want to use it, resign your post the moment you get in. Someone else will take over commander and that is how it should be if you want to fly. I've seen enough "flying" commanders who really suck at both flying and commanding, that you are a detriment to your team not a fucking asset.

You cannot multitask as well as all you flying commanders try to promote here; it is totally against common sense, and nobody is that stupid to think you can do a great job at both.
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6751|Houston, TX
To all who are as pissed as I am that he commands and flies at the same time - Somehow I really don't think we will influence him one way or another.  He takes the risk of being banned, reset, or whatever punishment is appropriate when someone finally submits a screenie of him flyin and commanding at the same time.  On a more humorous note, I bet he makes a great lawn dart when he tries to do too much.

On topic, if your plane flips without any real reason, or movement on your part, try to adjust the settings on your control sensitivity.

KJ

Last edited by Kung Jew (2006-03-31 11:45:16)

Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6718|Wherever the F**k i feel like
I got a glitch on dalian plant on the aircraft carrier i cll it the "jesus" glitch b/c i was walkin on water when i got out of the boat
joker8baller
+68|6672
Well to let you all know, there really isn't much to it, the Americans only spawned on the carrier so there was no one trying to spawn anywhere else. What am I supposed to do, let the plane sit there, to do nothing because no one wants it? + the server was barely full we barely had enough players to keep the game going So yes. And also the ROE stated that servers COULD NOT  limit the Restrictions on commanders using vehicles... ROE's are pretty lame too, play the game the way you want to play it. I got no complaints. Eh, I don't use a mouse to fly and it turns out it happens when I don't command. Well if I couldn't be a better commander because the artillery strikes were hitting and the only way to kill people would be to sneak aboard the carrier itself... I even offered the planes to the people who were in the server and they all said they didn't want it. The server was small Zenmaster

KungJew- It's not against the ROE
ZenMaster- There is no need to set UAV, they didn't spawn anywhere else besides the flight deck on carrier.
5TON3R- I do use the scan feature, but it's not necesary if they're like 7 people on the server, and everyone is spawning on the flight deck and not going anywhere else. Plus I did use the scan feature every so often, but it wasn't necessary no one was using boats. When the server gets full I don't fly, but when the plane's been sitting there for 5 minutes.... I will fly. Effective commanders imo ofor your situation only need when there are more than 20 people... Not when there like 14. Supplies were always been given to those at the tips with the tank, not once did they try to take out any assets
Eboreus- It's not against the ROE, there was a discussion earlier that talked about how servers that forbade this could be shut down.
MightyMet- No offense taken, I like criticism because it helps me improve irl and in game. But no one on the other team were even going for the assets/flags they were just going to get vehicles... Standard pub

Last edited by joker8baller (2006-03-31 15:45:31)

TAW_Iversen
+0|6607
For starts the ROE does in fact allow you to restrict commander from using a vehicle, -no one else, but the commander can be forced to not do so.
I'd say if you see an empty tank, and no one is using it, you better inform you team to use it, same with planes. If no one wants to use it -you better do so if it's a ground vehicle, and hand it over if someone else wants it. This way you're helping your team a little while still being able to command and most importantly preventing the enemy form stealing it, but not planes and choppers.
There is no way you can fly and command at the same time, -end of story. If you think you can command and fly at the same time, then you're not only a less than average pilot, but a truly crappy commander as you have no idea how to play that class.
You ask if you were supposed to let the plane just sit there, -short answer is yes.
The long answer is to inform your team of it being there, and ask them to use it. If they don't you are in a situation where you must ask yourself what you'd rather do, fly or command. Either let the plane sit there or resign and inform your team of you doing so, so someone else can take over commanding.
Also don't give me that crap about you still getting good scores and therefore it's ok, as you don't get any points for your flying nor for your commanding, only for what your team members does you can't use that as an indication for anything, except for the fact your not helping the people who are getting you your points.

Last edited by TAW_Iversen (2006-04-01 06:03:35)

Helmet1
+0|6630|Utah
Your job as commander is to command, not lead or fight on the front line, there is a difference.  I have more that once called for mutiny against a commander that was to busy in a plane, heli, or tank, to provide support to the rest of the team.  It you want to use those assets, use em, but not while playing as commander, you simply cannot do command and fly/drive a tank at the same time as well as individualy.  You may have had a high score, but you were not doing your job.

Last edited by Helmet1 (2006-04-01 04:00:42)

joker8baller
+68|6672
Well I did tell everyone to use it but no ne wanted it, and no one wanted to command, we didn't have a comamnder for 10 minutes, and I was typing in caps for 10 minutes because no one wanted, and no one wanted to fly... I was supporting the team because there was no one there. spawning cept on the carrier. And why do they change the ROE like every week, and then don't alert anyone.
TAW_Iversen
+0|6607

joker8baller wrote:

Well I did tell everyone to use it but no ne wanted it, and no one wanted to command, we didn't have a comamnder for 10 minutes, and I was typing in caps for 10 minutes because no one wanted, and no one wanted to fly... I was supporting the team because there was no one there. spawning cept on the carrier. And why do they change the ROE like every week, and then don't alert anyone.
there has been no major changes in the ROE, it's just been made clear, and just like the law it's your duty to read it. Also you shouldn't care much about the ROE unless your a server admin or you think you are being treated wrongly.
joker8baller
+68|6672
Well people are saying it's against the ROE to fly as commander and I would get reset... but if there were no major changes then why did people complain about commanders flying but they can't kick/ban those commanders, then I wouldn't get my stats reset. The ROE states since the last know update (major) that I know of, commanders cannot be restricted to any vehicle. Oh btw the glitch isn't for commander, it's can happen anytime. It think it starts to happen after you get in the same vehicle like 3-4 times, and it's not my mouse -.
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6775|New York
Wow, why don't you just fucking answer his question?

Just say, Yes this has happened to me also. or No, this hasn't happened to me yet, but i'll keep an eye out for it.

Why do you have to turn it into a big thing with the ROE?

And NO, THIS HASN'T HAPPENED TO ME YET, BUT I'LL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR IT.
joker8baller
+68|6672
O.- Thanks Smurf
persnickadee
+0|6666

MightyMet wrote:

I have to agree with M730A2 on this.  No matter how good you are at multi tasking if at any point you aren't looking at your commander screen and monitoring what's going on you aren't really doing your job as a commander to the best of your abilities.  That's awesome that you can still get a good score and all while doing two jobs but I would venture to bet you would be an even better commander if you weren't splitting your time between flying and commanding.  Just my 2 cents.  Nothing personal by it.
dude have you ever played on a server where everything goes????
ive have seen some kick ass commanders fighting right beside my sqaud thats what i call supporting your team troops instead of looking at a screen that shows you everything going on
i think the rule about commanders and planes tanks whatever is for those guys that dont play hard enough
now there are those commanders that suk so hard u need to vote them out no matter what isnt that why they put the mutiny option in???

so if you dont want to fight as commander there are plenty of severs out there for you

2cents

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard