Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
So today was the opening game, England vs Netherlands and the Netherlands just won by 4 wickets. For those of you that don't know cricket, the Netherlands are quite a small team. This is as funny as when Ireland beat Pakistan in the World Cup

How the fuck did we lose to the Netherlands, haha. But yeah, 20/20 is awesome, I know there's alot of talk about this form of Cricket but still, it's exciting as fuck at times.

Might aswell have a thread about this tournament, might even try to go to a few games seeing as there's quite alot in London
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6077|Birmingham, UK
Netherlands have a cricket team? Losing to them can't be good
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
India>all
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER

.Sup wrote:

India>all
Beat the shit out of the Pakistan cricket team in the Warm up game a few days ago

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-06-05 13:09:33)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

27 will post here on Monday.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
How did India pull such an easy group and Australia gets the only one with 3 test teams?

Ohh well no matter Aus will still win.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

lel I see the English international cricket players are in fine form.

20/20 is nice, I like it. Cricket on crystal meth tbh.

Though I think test cricket shall always remain a great way to enjoy a good book or do some gaming.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-06-05 20:18:24)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

DrunkFace wrote:

How did India pull such an easy group and Australia gets the only one with 3 test teams?

Ohh well no matter Aus will still win.
It's got to do with seeding based on performances from the last tournament I think. Good job on winning today eh Aussies, WI are shit these days but I think T20 suits their style quite alot, so not quite on the same level as losing to the Dutch
Flecco
iPod is broken.

I blame Symonds. Doesn't really matter though, our cricket team has been in decline for a while now imo. You can't be the best forever.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

The Sheriff wrote:

27 will post here on Monday.
lol you know me too well.

I reckon our 1sts 'Penarth' could give The Netherlands a run for their money.  I couldn't believe it when I heard the score.  England are worth a punt to win the tourney though, but my gut feeling is South Africa.  'Strayer could go out today/2moro vs Sri Lanka.  Our league gets allocated county players which when they are not playing from Glamorgan, they come back to us on the weekend. 

20/20 is brilliant unless your opening the bowling as I often do.  Batsmen just stand there and tee off, no blocking, just batting as I do 'swinging my tits off to everything'.

The 5 day county championship form of the game is dying, eventually test matches will stop, unless Eng are playing Aus.

Good comeback by England to beat and shut the Pakistani's up last night.  Their fans are a pain in the ass, they celebrate a 6 like they just won the fucking game, they celebrate a wicket again like they have just won the fucking game.  Sit down, shut the fuck up and behave yaself.

The BBC got the replay rights or highlights should I say but the dozy cunts don't put it on the TV til 11.30pm onwards.  What an opportunity they have to get kids playing the game, Wimbledon will be on soon and all the shits will be picking up tennis raquets instead of cricket bats.  I bet half of the UK don't even know they are hosting the 20/20 WC. 

We have too much cricket, something has to go, it will have to be the shitty 5 day format but then don't expect to win any Tests vs other nations when you do.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Don't kill tests off.

Flecco wrote:

Don't kill tests off.
I agree, but.  Only Eng v Aus or Pakistan vs India (or vs Eng) will make a profit in a few years and thats what it will come down to. Money.

Glamorgan charge £15 a ticket, £5 a buger, £5 a pint for 20/20 and thats over priced.

Your probably talking £50 for a test day ticket.

£25 for a 5 day game ticket

They need to do something and that was play more 20/20 as commanies will support it though advertising, TV companies are biting the hands off to show it, but you can only play so much cricket (as Freddie Flintoff, he's played too much already).

A West Indian can go to the IPL (Indian Prem League) and in 6 weeks earn more than say 5 years of Touring with the WI, playing for a Eng county, and staying home to play tests.  So the good players will either stop playing tests, or burn themselves out.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I agree that Test matches is dying out, something needs to be done to revitalise the Test form of cricket. Probably needs to be more high profile tournaments like The Ashes etc..

Anyway good to see England batter Pakistan, probably one of the best performances I've seen although it was hilarious watching Pakistan's fielding, when KP plays like he can he's a match winner on his own, just like Gayle except probably a bit more consistent and maybe not so much of an outright slogger

England can go far here and although India and South Africa are probably the top two teams from what we saw yesterday I won't be surprised if England make the final
Has anyone got any ideas what Ricky Ponting and the rest of the boys can do for the next two weeks?  I know: spout shit off in the press about about who Englands weakness is and who they are going to attack blah de blah.

In other news at least Ireland made it through to the Super 8
Flecco
iPod is broken.

27, Ponting is a dickhead.

Flecco wrote:

27, Ponting is a dickhead.
Im not, I don't reckon Ricky is either, I only go anti Aussie cricket in the lead up to the ashes other than that I have full respect for them and reckon if you have to pick the best sporting team ever my vote would go to them over the last 15 years they have dominated their sport and been on the top.  Much like Man Utd in UK soccer really.  Yeah other teams have picked up this and that but they have been at the top of the cycle and thats the trick.

Im joking about me being a dickhead mate, just trying to be funny and failing.

The Ashes will be close I reckon.  England may reach the final of the 20/20.

The first test will be 1.78 miles <<<< that way from where I sit as I type this rubbish.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Well when it comes to teams like Australia you never know, going out so early in this tournament is only going to make them angry, then again, they're also not that much of a legendary team anymore, every team has to go through their rebuilding phase. India and South Africa are definitely the best two teams right now, they're sort of in their sweet spot at the moment

But yes, time to gloat

haha u aussie fags

Also yep, special mention to Ireland for getting into the next stage again. They really should professionalise the team and start treating cricket more seriously as a pro sport in Ireland

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-06-09 02:59:54)

Mekstizzle wrote:

Well when it comes to teams like Australia you never know, going out so early in this tournament is only going to make them angry, then again, they're also not that much of a legendary team anymore, every team has to go through their rebuilding phase. India and South Africa are definitely the best two teams right now, they're sort of in their sweet spot at the moment

But yes, time to gloat

haha u aussie fags

Also yep, special mention to Ireland for getting into the next stage again. They really should professionalise the team and start treating cricket more seriously as a pro sport in Ireland
I know Scotland are in the Pro 40 league but Ireland definatly should be.  I got a feeling they are though.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Protip 27, Ponting is a dickhead and wasn't a good pick for the captain's hat.

Personally, he's a pretty nice guy afaik and very dedicated to his cricket (once watched a full cricket game + commentary via video-phone call from half way across the planet... ) as a captain though he seems to have trouble getting the best out of his players sometimes.

Flecco wrote:

Protip 27, Ponting is a dickhead and wasn't a good pick for the captain's hat.

Personally, he's a pretty nice guy afaik and very dedicated to his cricket (once watched a full cricket game + commentary via video-phone call from half way across the planet... ) as a captain though he seems to have trouble getting the best out of his players sometimes.
Nuh Im not having that, he's got to be one of the most successful captains in the history of the game hasn't he?  Who did he replace Healey?  Looked at the players who have come through as him as skipper?  List is endless and its still continuing.  I don't particulaly like the short ass myself but credit where its due.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Are you thinking of Steve Waugh 27?

Most of the great players he's known for playing with such as Warne, McGrah, Gillie etc. came into the team under Waugh as far as I know.
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5564|Dublin, Ireland
Cricket is the only sport I cannot watch, or play.

I'd prefer to watch - well, anything.

Cricket: Epic Fail.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Have you even watched a game of 20/20?
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

Cricket is the only sport I cannot watch, or play.

I'd prefer to watch - well, anything.

Cricket: Epic Fail.
Ok thanks, you can go away now Irish paddy cunt
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5953|Perth, Australia
I support the Australian team but i'll be fucking amazed if they can win this tournament. I was going to write about how we can't seem to get it together again but tbh we're still one of the best teams in the world. It's just no longer a given that we'll win :p

But one thing about 20/20 is that you never know what will happen on the night. When one mistake can be so costly you can never guess the outcome of a match. Which makes for some fucking awesome viewing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard