usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

Mekstizzle wrote:

Oh wow, you guys are pathetic. It was lowing that starts off the whole shit about Airbus, and then someone starts talking shit about France. Seriously, I know this place has its whole USA vs Europe thing, but you guys really need to just grow up sometimes

I know some of you guys are in the industry, but the way you just write off Airbus isn't professional in any way whatsoever so there's no point in listening to you guys talk like you know what you're talking about cos you're all just acting stupid in the first place. The two companies are the biggest in the world for the airline industry and they didn't get there by being shit and crashing all the time, if you want to try and talk with some sense.

Sometimes the whole self identity thing gets in the way of people too much, you know what I'm talking about, need to cut some of that crap out.
they got there because nobody makes anything that is good.  russia fails, and nobody else has the nuts to build something like that.

and stfu skittles.  we have enough threads about iwreck and jewland, so i will talk aboot whatever the fuck i want in a once and a while aviation thread.

Last edited by usmarine (2009-06-04 07:53:27)

Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6839|NT, like Mick Dundee

I vote we lynch Mekingtons.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6674|so randum
ive missed mek
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

FatherTed wrote:

ive missed mek
was he gone because his Man U got beat by the mexicans?
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6839|NT, like Mick Dundee

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6795|London, England
I ain't no Man U fan, but yes, they got beat by Mexicans, bad
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6674|so randum
i think he prob supports a dirty southern team, footballs fairly tribal like that. being beaten by slingas homeboys was a bit bad though
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6825|USA

Ioan92 wrote:

@ lowing

The plane only lost its vertical stabilizer, It could of had a chance of landing if the hydraulic line wasn't ruptured, also, it didn't completely loose the vertical stabilizer, it had at least a half of it without the rudder. Hydraulic failure doomed them.

From your link: "When the bulkhead gave way, the resulting explosive decompression ruptured the lines of all four hydraulic systems. With the aircraft's control surfaces disabled, the aircraft became uncontrollable."

Also, you are wrong. On Airbus aircraft, Fly by wire comes from computers, those computers also provide flight envelope protection. And this feature is attached to all planes equipped with Fly by Wire systems. The only Boeing with this system is the Boeing Triple Seven. Although it can be overridden. All your other Boeing aircraft are left with mechanical controls and no flight envelope protection. That's why there are vulnerable to terrorism. The only protection the classic Boeing has is "Bank Angle" "Overspeed" "Stall" etc... Voice warnings, but no control limits.

"Flight envelope protection is a human machine interface extension of an aircraft’s control system that prevents the pilot of an aircraft from making control commands that would force the aircraft to exceed its structural and aerodynamic operating limits. It is used in some form in all modern commercial fly-by-wire aircraft. Its advantage is that it restricts pilots in emergency situations so they can react quickly without endangering the safety of their aircraft."
The damn plane had an explosion due to a faulty structure repair, NOT a faulty aircraft design. In fact it was so blatant that the engineer that approved the repair committed suicide.
Airbus is a flawed designed because it takes control of the aircraft away from the pilot. I disagree with this. 

ANd again, fly by wire is a means of input, just like any other means of input, fly by wire alone does not automatically take authority away from the pilot. Airbus, has designed their aircraft systems computers to do this. The fact that these aircraft are fly by wire has nothing to do with the lack of authority over the aircraft. The computer systems are reponsible for this not the input system. Again the 777 is fly by wire and does not take control away from the pilot.

also your statement that Boeing has no control limitations is also wrong. Ever hear of rudder limiters? If Airbus had them American flt 587 would not have been lost. Ever hear of aileron mixers? This system depending on air data computer input will limit and mix aileron input with flight spoiler input. However complete control remains with the pilot where it belongs.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6825|USA

Mekstizzle wrote:

Oh wow, you guys are pathetic. It was lowing that starts off the whole shit about Airbus, and then someone starts talking shit about France. Seriously, I know this place has its whole USA vs Europe thing, but you guys really need to just grow up sometimes

I know some of you guys are in the industry, but the way you just write off Airbus isn't professional in any way whatsoever so there's no point in listening to you guys talk like you know what you're talking about cos you're all just acting stupid in the first place. The two companies are the biggest in the world for the airline industry and they didn't get there by being shit and crashing all the time, if you want to try and talk with some sense.

Sometimes the whole self identity thing gets in the way of people too much, you know what I'm talking about, need to cut some of that crap out.
\

Actually my opinion is based on experience, and has nothing to do with politics, ( for once)
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6855|Disaster Free Zone
It's not the aircraft its obviously the airline.
QANTAS is the worlds second oldest operating airline, uses both Airbus and Boeing and has never lost a jet.
Racoon_Flyer
+10|6108|Cambridge, UK
Qantas have had problems with there A330s as well, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qantas_Flight_72 .

Last edited by Racoon_Flyer (2009-06-04 10:36:27)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

DrunkFace wrote:

QANTAS is the worlds second oldest operating airline, uses both Airbus and Boeing and has never lost a jet.
well it helped that they were owned by the government up till 1992.  that's some nice financial backing....

Last edited by usmarine (2009-06-04 10:38:49)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6774|132 and Bush

DrunkFace wrote:

It's relatively small fleet helps the odds.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ioan92
+337|5896

lowing wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

@ lowing

The plane only lost its vertical stabilizer, It could of had a chance of landing if the hydraulic line wasn't ruptured, also, it didn't completely loose the vertical stabilizer, it had at least a half of it without the rudder. Hydraulic failure doomed them.

From your link: "When the bulkhead gave way, the resulting explosive decompression ruptured the lines of all four hydraulic systems. With the aircraft's control surfaces disabled, the aircraft became uncontrollable."

Also, you are wrong. On Airbus aircraft, Fly by wire comes from computers, those computers also provide flight envelope protection. And this feature is attached to all planes equipped with Fly by Wire systems. The only Boeing with this system is the Boeing Triple Seven. Although it can be overridden. All your other Boeing aircraft are left with mechanical controls and no flight envelope protection. That's why there are vulnerable to terrorism. The only protection the classic Boeing has is "Bank Angle" "Overspeed" "Stall" etc... Voice warnings, but no control limits.

"Flight envelope protection is a human machine interface extension of an aircraft’s control system that prevents the pilot of an aircraft from making control commands that would force the aircraft to exceed its structural and aerodynamic operating limits. It is used in some form in all modern commercial fly-by-wire aircraft. Its advantage is that it restricts pilots in emergency situations so they can react quickly without endangering the safety of their aircraft."
The damn plane had an explosion due to a faulty structure repair, NOT a faulty aircraft design. In fact it was so blatant that the engineer that approved the repair committed suicide.
Airbus is a flawed designed because it takes control of the aircraft away from the pilot. I disagree with this. 

ANd again, fly by wire is a means of input, just like any other means of input, fly by wire alone does not automatically take authority away from the pilot. Airbus, has designed their aircraft systems computers to do this. The fact that these aircraft are fly by wire has nothing to do with the lack of authority over the aircraft. The computer systems are reponsible for this not the input system. Again the 777 is fly by wire and does not take control away from the pilot.

also your statement that Boeing has no control limitations is also wrong. Ever hear of rudder limiters? If Airbus had them American flt 587 would not have been lost. Ever hear of aileron mixers? This system depending on air data computer input will limit and mix aileron input with flight spoiler input. However complete control remains with the pilot where it belongs.
I never said that JAL123 crash was because of a design flaw, I said It crashed due to the explosion cutting the hydraulics. Cutting the controls.

Anyways whatever, I give up, this is a pointless debate, and Mekstizzle has a very good point. If you are a professional, you come in with a professional argument, not if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going. It is going to stir up arguments and some people might not think your in the industry at all, like me. I'm pretty new here I have no general idea about the life of the long time posters unlike others.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6588|Finland

Just watched news.... apparently the plane lost all electronical systems, turned around trying to get back to Rio.

But flying without electronics => crash.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Just watched news.... apparently the plane lost all electronical systems, turned around trying to get back to Rio.

how would they know that?

I don't know what news you are watching...

Last edited by usmarine (2009-06-04 12:09:19)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6825|USA

Ioan92 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

@ lowing

I never said that JAL123 crash was because of a design flaw, I said It crashed due to the explosion cutting the hydraulics. Cutting the controls.

Anyways whatever, I give up, this is a pointless debate, and Mekstizzle has a very good point. If you are a professional, you come in with a professional argument, not if it ain't Boeing, I ain't going. It is going to stir up arguments and some people might not think your in the industry at all, like me. I'm pretty new here I have no general idea about the life of the long time posters unlike others.
Bud, those same hydraulics lines run to the tail feathers of an Airbus, if the same thing happened there would be no hydraulic actuators for the fly by wire input commands t oactuate. Hence pretty much the same damn thing would happen. So trying to argue that an Airbus can fly with no hydraulics because it is fly by wire is simply not a fact based argument. Which I can not seem to get through to you.

Now, you think I shouldn't care which type of aircraft I like, based on the aircraft and its design of the systems I work on, well I guess you are entitled to have an opinion that I should not be able to have one, and if you want to end the debate this is acceptable. I will go back to working on these aircraft ( like I have done for the better part of the past 23 years) and you can go back to googling them.

Last edited by lowing (2009-06-04 12:14:50)

Ioan92
+337|5896

lowing wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bud, those same hydraulics lines run to the tail feathers of an Airbus, if the same thing happened there would be no hydraulic actuators for the fly by wire input commands t oactuate. Hence pretty much the same damn thing would happen. So trying to argue that an Airbus can fly with no hydraulics because it is fly by wire is simply not a fact based argument. Which I can not seem to get through to you.
If you'd have read a few posts up you'd see I realized my error.

"....Oh wait...... you're right, BUT! In a Boeing, when you pull the yoke, you engage a mechanical action through the hydraulic systems of the aircraft to perform your desired action. On an Airbus, the heavy and mechanical ducts that transfer your commands are replaced by lighter electrical circuits that transfer your command to a hydraulic motor that controls said part. Well I fucked up. I probably confused Power by Wire with Fly by Wire."

GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6588|Finland

usmarine wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Apparently they got more than just electrical failure automated message. Someone from the comission that is investigating the crash said that.

So are you calling them liers now?
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6935

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

usmarine wrote:

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

Apparently they got more than just electrical failure automated message. Someone from the comission that is investigating the crash said that.

So are you calling them liers now?
No I would like to see that since they arent saying it on the news here.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6825|USA

Ioan92 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

"....Oh wait...... you're right, BUT! In a Boeing, when you pull the yoke, you engage a mechanical action through the hydraulic systems of the aircraft to perform your desired action. On an Airbus, the heavy and mechanical ducts that transfer your commands are replaced by lighter electrical circuits that transfer your command to a hydraulic motor that controls said part. Well I fucked up. I probably confused Power by Wire with Fly by Wire."

you were fine right up until you said "But" after that you tried to re argue the same point and it is still just as wrong, re-worded as it was orginally.

Last edited by lowing (2009-06-04 12:26:48)

Ioan92
+337|5896

lowing wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

lowing wrote:

you were fine right up until you said "But" after that you tried to re argue the same point and it is still just as wrong re-worde as itwas orginally.
Ahm, ain't I right into that statement? Your the pro so you should know.
GC_PaNzerFIN
+528|6588|Finland

usmarine wrote:

Some of the investigators say that  the automated messages were sent closer to Paris than the debris was found. That would be impossible unless the plane at some point turned around.

Of course the 100% proof of that lies under lots of water right now... so can't say its 100% sure what happened, but seems pretty likely...
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6825|USA

Ioan92 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

you were fine right up until you said "But" after that you tried to re argue the same point and it is still just as wrong re-worde as itwas orginally.
Ahm, ain't I right into that statement? Your the pro so you should know.
That statement can be correct, your application of it to your argument is what was wrong. Fly by wire does not mean that it has control over the pilot.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6825|USA

GC_PaNzerFIN wrote:

usmarine wrote:

Some of the investigators say that  the automated messages were sent closer to Paris than the debris was found. That would be impossible unless the plane at some point turned around.

Of course the 100% proof of that lies under lots of water right now... so can't say its 100% sure what happened, but seems pretty likely...
If thry had time for this, then the burning questionis why no mayday?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard