Benzin
+576|5995
If so, do you like it? Do you actually use it and think it was worth the money?

What accessories do you have for the Wii? What games?

I am looking into buying one, but my girlfriend wants to know how nice they are from other people. Since no one we know plays video games, I NEED YOUR HELP!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6670|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Great fun on a rainy day mate.  Mario kart and the sports game it comes with are excellent.  Im buying the mrs a wii fit next week/week after and then EA Active too.  Great fun for an after dinner party games, you'll never need a board game again.  Just pick it up and play.  The price has come down aswell so go ahead, get a bundle, get games for you for when she aint there and family games that she can play.  We dont play on ours as muchas the Mrs is a tv addict but its great fun all the same.  I reccomend it
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

Some of the ninty games are just fucking ace in their own right.

Twilight Princess is possibly the second best Zelda game I've played. Maybe the best. Comes pretty frickin close to Ocarina of Time.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6104|Birmingham, UK
I haven't used mine in months. Fun at first, or if i'm very bored.

Really only fun if you have friends round. I have mario kart, which i played once, tiger woods 09 which is my favourite games and wii play or something like that. But yeah, fun with friends.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6145|'straya
Its good when you have family around (especially of the younger variety) or for just abit of fun. But its not something you really play by yourself (in my opinion) thats what PCs are for.
Benzin
+576|5995
Thanks for the info, guys. What about games? What stuff would you recommend?

Maybe an FPS for me and then some party-type games the two of us can play together ... When we were in the US visiting my family last, we played the hell out of Mario Party (the original). Is the new Mario Party 8 any fun at all?

What about games from other countries? Is there a region-lock on the console? I have a lot of GameCube games back home in the US that I could bring over, but will my Euro Wii play American games???

Last edited by CapnNismo (2009-06-04 04:59:07)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6710|Purplicious Wisconsin
It's a fucking Wii, of course it will play gamcube games, just need a gamcube memory card. As for the FPS, well what kind of FPS? If you're looking for one with online multiplayer, you'll have to wait for The Conduit.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6436|Brisbane, Australia

War Man wrote:

It's a fucking Wii, of course it will play gamcube games, just need a gamcube memory card. As for the FPS, well what kind of FPS? If you're looking for one with online multiplayer, you'll have to wait for The Conduit.
Language War Man, language.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6735|Toronto | Canada

Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Zelda: Twilight Princess are all amazing games.  Mario Kart as well
War Man

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

War Man wrote:

Were you thinking of the word "wii" in a different manner?
[CSE]Anubis
+24|5989

War Man wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

War Man wrote:

Were you thinking of the word "wii" in a different manner?
You are a fud.

Also, call of duty is good if you don't already have it for another system.  Controls work quite well.  And another vote for all the Nintendo games.

Last edited by [CSE]Anubis (2009-06-04 07:53:31)

War Man
Don't get Call of Duty 3 for Wii, biggest mistake I ever made. I'm still stuck on the first Canadian mission because the coding for motion sensing is screwed up a bit.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6389|Southern California
My mom has a wii, so I play it every now and again when I am back at her house.

I was honestly pretty dissapointed. Most motions are simple, single axis motions. The thing seem to be incapable (or no one has bothered writing the software) to track even remotely complex curves.

Some of the games are reasonably fun (more fun with friends), but overall game play basically comes down to swinging your arm back and forth. I guess I just expected to much from the first round of motion sensitive gaming systems.
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

Yeah, barely play it. Default sports games and running emulators still the most fun thing.
Benzin
+576|5995

War Man wrote:

I know it will play GCN games. My question was if the machine is region-locked on GCN games. I would buy the Wii here in Austria, but I have quite a few GCN games back home that are still really fun.
War Man
I doubt they are region locked, that'd be incredibly stupid on nintendo's part. So I'm pretty sure it'll work.

VicktorVauhn wrote:

My mom has a wii, so I play it every now and again when I am back at her house.

I was honestly pretty dissapointed. Most motions are simple, single axis motions. The thing seem to be incapable (or no one has bothered writing the software) to track even remotely complex curves.

Some of the games are reasonably fun (more fun with friends), but overall game play basically comes down to swinging your arm back and forth. I guess I just expected to much from the first round of motion sensitive gaming systems.
Why do you think nintendo introduced Wii Motion Plus? The sensitivity dramatically increases when this thing is attached. Can't wait for it to come out.

Last edited by War Man (2009-06-05 13:02:13)

Brasso
+1,549|6627

War Man wrote:

Why do you think nintendo introduced Wii Motion Plus was introduced
lol
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
War Man

haffeysucks wrote:

War Man wrote:

Why do you think nintendo introduced Wii Motion Plus was introduced
lol
I just realized that too, lol.
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5717|Gulf Coast

It's pretty fun for a party, I've had some pretty serious bowling sessions with friends, Wifi Mario Kart is fun too. The only accessories I have are the guns for shooter games like House of the Dead.
Benzin
+576|5995
OK... I am sold on the thing now. Just need to wait until I get back from the US in September and then I can buy it (hopefully).
VicktorVauhn
+319|6389|Southern California

War Man wrote:

I doubt they are region locked, that'd be incredibly stupid on nintendo's part. So I'm pretty sure it'll work.
actually, isn't a lot of the region locking buisness having to do with 480p output and the differences between PAL and NTSC? I thought that's why the latest consoles with HDMI were free from it, because they could finally be on the same output standard world wide?

What do I know...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard