Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

AussieReaper wrote:

usmarine wrote:

sorry to hear that.  what do they own?
Not much.
A friend of my older brother was paid $200,000 in royalty payments once he turned 18. The traditional tribes around here basically own 60% of the land around here.

The problem up here isn't a lack of money, its a lack of real, strong, determined leadership and a will within the communities for self improvement. Don't bring up Galloway Yunupingu either. Corrupt bastard and I say that as somebody who went to school with one of his' sons, who was a nice guy.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

How is Mick Dundee a negative image for Australia? The dude has a mean knife.

Kimmetc I can't se the picture but how do you know how it was taken and by whom?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Ty wrote:

How is Mick Dundee a negative image for Australia? The dude has a mean knife.

Kimmetc I can't se the picture but how do you know how it was taken and by whom?

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Recently Michelle Obama went to serve food to the homeless at a government funded soup kitchen.

Cost of a bowl of soup at homeless shelter: $0.00 dollars
Having Michelle Obama Serve you your soup: $0.00 dollars
Snapping a picture by a homeless person who is receiving government
funded meal while taking a picture of the first lady using his $500 Black
Berry cell phone: Priceless
https://i40.tinypic.com/24caceb.jpg
fixed
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

Yeah, that Blackberry seems absurd at first, but then you might think he might be a recent rank among the homeless.  A cellphone would be a valuable tool to help get back on ones feet.  How else could you get contacted by a would be employer considering your homeless?
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California

lowing wrote:

This from both of you, with no ackknowledgement that if anyone needs to apologise for any image problems it should be Islam. After all it is in its name we endure exploding cars, exploding trains, exploding children, exploding buildings, exploding women, exploding dead bodies, mutilation, child molestation, beheadings, stonings etc....Yet they have a problem with OUR behavior and OUR morality and YOU agree with them.

The apologist line starts right behind these two
I am saying Islam and Muslims shouldn't apologize. They, as a whole have done nothing wrong. The very small percentage of these religions that make up the extremists that bomb allied soldiers should. That's simply what you don't get lowing. You group entire religions as terrorists. Actually, I'm willing to bet the percentage of Christians/US citizens that'd want to blow up all Muslims would greatly outweigh the amount of Muslims that would want to blow up all Christians/US citizens. I'm not saying the extremists have nothing to apologize for, but I'm saying the the US does too - many things - which apparently you think we don't. Don't give me any shit that we've done nothing wrong. There was no problem with these groups of people until we did something to them. If you can prove me wrong, be my guest. And lastly, do you really not think we do terrible things to them too? Bombing their country. Invading it. Demolishing their cities with jets. Killing civilians. Torturing POW. Raping civilians (although separate occasions). The list goes on

Just to recap so you don't miss anything like you have in every other debate/post ever:

- You are grouping the entire religion(s) together as extremists
- You are very narrow-minded and one sided
- You seem to think the US has nothing to apologize for which we do
- Their hatred for us was because of things we've done to them, so see #3
- Start seeing both sides

lowing wrote:

....Yet they have a problem with OUR behavior and OUR morality and YOU agree with them.

Me Page 3 wrote:

Disclaimer - I'm not condoning or justifying their acts, but for fuck's sake, don't be so narrow-mindedly one sided.

People like lowing are what's wrong with America. Yes Lowing, America has problems, deal with it.

Me wrote:

Just to recap so you don't miss anything like you have in every other debate/post ever:

Last edited by xBlackPantherx (2009-06-03 18:01:09)

BVC
+325|6697
Recently homeless would explain it.

A phone is invaluable for job-hunting, and the internet is replacing or has replaced (depending on the area of employment) newspapers as the primary source of job advertisements.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6344|California
This got a little derailed
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

I'm sure he could have simply sold the blackberry and bought a house, and with the money left over furnished most rooms...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Pubic wrote:

Recently homeless would explain it.

A phone is invaluable for job-hunting, and the internet is replacing or has replaced (depending on the area of employment) newspapers as the primary source of job advertisements.
I think the type of phone was the point. I have friends that will have a cell but wont "piss away" their money on an expensive phone (according to them).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

AussieReaper wrote:

I'm sure he could have simply sold the blackberry and bought a house, and with the money left over furnished most rooms...
I know I live in a furnished house but don't have a blackberry.
13rin
+977|6481

DrunkFace wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Well, maybe if you ate at a soup kitchen you could afford one....  Save me a seat.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

DBBrinson1 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Well, maybe if you ate at a soup kitchen you could afford one....  Save me a seat.
He'll have to ride pretty quick.

https://ebaumnation.com/get/2009/04/24/bling_bike.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

AussieReaper wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

He'll have to ride pretty quick.

http://ebaumnation.com/get/2009/04/24/bling_bike.jpg
Nice wheels.. that's just creative.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

xBlackPantherx wrote:

lowing wrote:

This from both of you, with no ackknowledgement that if anyone needs to apologise for any image problems it should be Islam. After all it is in its name we endure exploding cars, exploding trains, exploding children, exploding buildings, exploding women, exploding dead bodies, mutilation, child molestation, beheadings, stonings etc....Yet they have a problem with OUR behavior and OUR morality and YOU agree with them.

The apologist line starts right behind these two
I am saying Islam and Muslims shouldn't apologize. They, as a whole have done nothing wrong. The very small percentage of these religions that make up the extremists that bomb allied soldiers should. That's simply what you don't get lowing. You group entire religions as terrorists. Actually, I'm willing to bet the percentage of Christians/US citizens that'd want to blow up all Muslims would greatly outweigh the amount of Muslims that would want to blow up all Christians/US citizens. I'm not saying the extremists have nothing to apologize for, but I'm saying the the US does too - many things - which apparently you think we don't. Don't give me any shit that we've done nothing wrong. There was no problem with these groups of people until we did something to them. If you can prove me wrong, be my guest. And lastly, do you really not think we do terrible things to them too? Bombing their country. Invading it. Demolishing their cities with jets. Killing civilians. Torturing POW. Raping civilians (although separate occasions). The list goes on

- You are grouping the entire religion(s) together as extremists
- You are very narrow-minded and one sided
- You seem to think the US has nothing to apologize for which we do
- Their hatred for us was because of things we've done to them, so see #3
- Start seeing both sides

lowing wrote:

....Yet they have a problem with OUR behavior and OUR morality and YOU agree with them.

Me Page 3 wrote:

Disclaimer - I'm not condoning or justifying their acts, but for fuck's sake, don't be so narrow-mindedly one sided.

People like lowing are what's wrong with America. Yes Lowing, America has problems, deal with it.

Me wrote:

The US has been the tip of the spear in liberating and fighting for Muslims more than any other nation, I give you Kuwaiti Muslims in '91, Somolian Muslims, Bosnian Muslims, Afghanistan Muslims, the list goes on. In FACT Muslims kill more MUslims than anyone else does. SO no, it is Islam that has some explaining to do. The US is literally killing itself to help the Muslims of the world, and my attitude is, if the Muslims are not grateful, and think the US has an image problem that outwieghs their own image problem. Then STOP accepting our money.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

You are clearly missing the point here. But I won't start explaining again what has been explained numerous times during five pages of this thread. This, because I know that when you have a preconception about something, you'll take it with you to the grave no matter what the facts are.
I need around tree fiddy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

DonFck wrote:

You are clearly missing the point here. But I won't start explaining again what has been explained numerous times during five pages of this thread. This, because I know that when you have a preconception about something, you'll take it with you to the grave no matter what the facts are.
No, you are clearly IGNORING the point.
I know what the facts are, and the generosity of the US to the world, especially the Muslim world, is unmatched by any other nation.

Also undisputable is the fact that no kills more Muslims than Muslims. If an image should be addressed, lets start here.

Last edited by lowing (2009-06-04 05:38:34)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
The US has been the tip of the spear in liberating and fighting for Muslims more than any other nation, I give you Kuwaiti Muslims in '91, Somolian Muslims, Bosnian Muslims, Afghanistan Muslims
Pretty sure none of that had anything to do with their religion and rather more to do with the US imposing its PNAC plan.

BTW Americans kill more Americans than anyone else. Might be worth addressing that before worrying about muslims on the other side of the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violen … ted_States
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Those are facts, yes. Then there are other facts that counteract these facts. The weight of one negative in public image far exceeds the weight of a positive.

The U.S. has done some amazing work in supporting other nations, kudos for that. But the fact of the matter is that under the Bush administration, the public image of the U.S. abroad took a nosedive. Obama wants to fix that, you know so that the image of the U.S. would be that what it should be.

It's called diplomacy.

You are clearly ignoring any point ever made.

P.S: Damn, you mindfucked me into bending it for you from wire (old Finnish proverb meaning explaining something in simple terms over and over again to someone who doesn't get it).
I need around tree fiddy.
Balok77
+28|6149
Lowing, why do you generalise so much? I mean how many actual Muslims have you spoken to who have said there not grateful to aid or who don't like America? God if I were too take these posts as what all Americans believed in then as a nation you would appear decisively narrow minded. Yes Muslims have been killing Muslims since the birth of their religion. But if you hadn't noticed so have Christians.

Yes SOME members of Islam are fundamentalists who follow outdated beliefs but you ll find those kinds of people in every religion. If you want an honest opinion America still represents the land of the free, a place where the grass is greener to many people in this world. However its image in recent years in many nations eyes has suffered due to its international policies.

Of course the image of Islam as a religion has been changed as of late, but in the past this has occurred throughout many religions and it seems people are quick to damn being a Muslim as something bad when it is the few not the many who have made it out to be an almost evil thing.

Last edited by Balok77 (2009-06-04 05:47:30)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

The US has been the tip of the spear in liberating and fighting for Muslims more than any other nation, I give you Kuwaiti Muslims in '91, Somolian Muslims, Bosnian Muslims, Afghanistan Muslims
Pretty sure none of that had anything to do with their religion and rather more to do with the US imposing its PNAC plan.

BTW Americans kill more Americans than anyone else. Might be worth addressing that before worrying about muslims on the other side of the world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violen … ted_States
None of it huh? So what gains did we make by dying in Somolia for example?

Americans are not killing each other in record numbers in the name of God, or peace. Sorry.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

DonFck wrote:

Those are facts, yes. Then there are other facts that counteract these facts. The weight of one negative in public image far exceeds the weight of a positive.

The U.S. has done some amazing work in supporting other nations, kudos for that. But the fact of the matter is that under the Bush administration, the public image of the U.S. abroad took a nosedive. Obama wants to fix that, you know so that the image of the U.S. would be that what it should be.

It's called diplomacy.

You are clearly ignoring any point ever made.

P.S: Damn, you mindfucked me into bending it for you from wire (old Finnish proverb meaning explaining something in simple terms over and over again to someone who doesn't get it).
This is all well and good, if we are looked upon so terribly then they need to STOP accepting our generosity at the same time they call us monsters, assholes, war mongers, or what ever  the hell else we are viewed as.

What would your respnse be if you are offering food and money to a person who calls you a greedy asshole and tells all of their friends how terrible you are, WHILE they accept your generosity? This is the point. 

We have an image problem, we are not liked in the Muslim world dispite all the good the US does for them, fine, then stop holding out your hand for aid.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Balok77 wrote:

Lowing, why do you generalise so much? I mean how many actual Muslims have you spoken to who have said there not grateful to aid or who don't like America? God if I were too take these posts as what all Americans believed in then as a nation you would appear decisively narrow minded. Yes Muslims have been killing Muslims since the birth of their religion. But if you hadn't noticed so have Christians.

Yes SOME members of Islam are fundamentalists who follow outdated beliefs but you ll find those kinds of people in every religion. If you want an honest opinion America still represents the land of the free, a place where the grass is greener to many people in this world. However its image in recent years in many nations eyes has suffered due to its international policies.

Of course the image of Islam as a religion has been changed as of late, but in the past this has occurred throughout many religions and it seems people are quick to damn being a Muslim as something bad when it is the few not the many who have made it out to be an almost evil thing.
Sorry to break it to you pal, but most Americans are sick of the Muslim world and all of its bullshit,  sick of the Mexican invasion, sick of special interests, and sick of rewarding unachievment and non-productivity.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Sorry to break it to you pal, but most Americans are sick of the Muslim world and all of its bullshit,  sick of the Mexican invasion, sick of special interests, and sick of rewarding unachievment and non-productivity.
Recommendations:
Stay out of the ME
Stop sucking Israel's dick
Stop using oil
Close your borders
Bit late to send the blacks back home but I guess you could try.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard