FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6674|so randum
after once accident...

should have continued tbh...

fact of the day, i stayed previously in the hotel it smashed into. and we have a concord at Manchester airport.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6279|eXtreme to the maX
Airbus software design scares the crap out of me.
Boeing too.
Fuck Israel
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|6110

FatherTed wrote:

the French only get a bad rep from WWII tbf.

Helped build the Concord, i wouldn't really slate them off as shit aeronautical engineers.
I can think of a few more bad wars with the French...

I have nothing against them though. I'm not saying they're bad people or anything.

They just fail and guns, planes and Paris certainly isn't the "City of Love" OMG!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6890

FatherTed wrote:

after once accident...

fact of the day, i stayed previously in the hotel it smashed into. and we have a concord at Manchester airport.
Brits put in more money in the concorde and were more involved iirc.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

FatherTed wrote:

after once accident...

As far as I know they stopepd using them because it wasn't profitable.
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6585|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.

Gawwad wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

after once accident...

As far as I know they stopepd using them because it wasn't profitable.
This.

Update:

Debris has been spotted.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8079122.stm

Last edited by SplinterStrike (2009-06-02 07:38:53)

Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6917|Reality
If it wasn't for the French, Americans would still be drinking tea. Having said that, if it wasn't for the English speaking countries, the French would be eating knackwurst and wearing leiderhosen (sp?) in October.

We need those black boxes ASAP. Lighting caused crashes are supposed to be a thing of the past with the big planes.
I am thinking turbulence snapped a wing. That would cause the error message received as well as cause the cabin pressure to drop.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Bradt3hleader
+121|6110
Well I'm almost 100% sure they're all dead.

I mean imagine getting through the turbulence, not even mentioning landing in choppy waves...

RIP
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6723|CH/BR - in UK

RIP, really sorry for the families...

That said, returning to CamPoe's comment: maybe they want ideas for a new season of Lost?
I know it's tasteless

-kon
Racoon_Flyer
+10|6108|Cambridge, UK
I could not imagine turbulence being able to snap a wing off, that would be some insane turbulence if it did happen.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6825|USA

Ioan92 wrote:

lowing wrote:

"If its not BOEING, I'm not GOING"
Oh for fuck sake. I hope you're joking.
Nope, I believe it is the captain that should have final authority of a flight, not the airplane.

Last edited by lowing (2009-06-02 12:14:07)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6396|Escea

Racoon_Flyer wrote:

I could not imagine turbulence being able to snap a wing off, that would be some insane turbulence if it did happen.
Like, Day After Tomorrow Turbulence
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6825|USA

Ioan92 wrote:

You realize its like saying "I'm choosing a Corvette because I'm scared to ride in a Mercedes."

Those Airbus vs Boeing arguments are plain stupid and pointless. There all planes, they all fly, they all crash, same shit.
sorry, yer wrong, the arguments against Airbus are valid and vast.

Last edited by lowing (2009-06-02 11:43:55)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6825|USA

Stubbee wrote:

If it wasn't for the French, Americans would still be drinking tea. Having said that, if it wasn't for the English speaking countries, the French would be eating knackwurst and wearing leiderhosen (sp?) in October.

We need those black boxes ASAP. Lighting caused crashes are supposed to be a thing of the past with the big planes.
I am thinking turbulence snapped a wing. That would cause the error message received as well as cause the cabin pressure to drop.
Oh God! Give me strength. 
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

Stubbee wrote:

It's in the middle of the ocean so they might not even be able to recover them.
Bradt3hleader
+121|6110
@Gawwad

Errrr you do mean 20'000 leagues under the sea right?
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

Bradt3hleader wrote:

@Gawwad

I have no idea what you mean but I'm gonna say I have no idea what you mean.
Mugen
+19|6173

Gawwad wrote:

Stubbee wrote:

It's in the middle of the ocean so they might not even be able to recover them.
Black boxes have 'Underwater Locator Transmitters'. With increasing depths the detection gets more difficult; anyway there've been cases where the boxes were recovered from water depths of like ~3km.
Ioan92
+337|5896

lowing wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

lowing wrote:

"If its not BOEING, I'm not GOING"
Nope, I believe it is the captain that should have final authority of a flight, not the airplane.
And you think the 747-400 is not almost fully automated too? You think that the captain flies manually those long hauls?

lowing wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

You realize its like saying "I'm choosing a Corvette because I'm scared to ride in a Mercedes."

Those Airbus vs Boeing arguments are plain stupid and pointless. There all planes, they all fly, they all crash, same shit.
sorry, yer wrong, the arguments against Airbus are valid and vast.
Following your retarded logic, I could say the absolute same for Boeing.
FI-SCOTTY
+16|6869|Scotland
Man its so obvious they have been abducted by forces from the future have none of you read or seen Millennium.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Millennium_(1989_film)
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

Ioan92 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

And you think the 747-400 is not almost fully automated too? You think that the captain flies manually those long hauls?
You propably have no idea what they are discussing.
Ioan92
+337|5896

Gawwad wrote:

Ioan92 wrote:

lowing wrote:

You propably have no idea what they are discussing.
They is claiming that Airbus is a flawed design because the plane is almost fully automated, while thinking that other manufacturers aren't, they are, just not in the same way..
CameronPoe
+2,925|6729
Statistically speaking the chances of you meeting your maker on either a Boeing or an Airbus is infinitesimally small. So basically fly Airbus to support European jobs or Boeing to support American jobs.

/discussion
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6858|Espoo, Finland

CameronPoe wrote:

Statistically speaking the chances of you meeting your maker on either a Boeing or an Airbus is infinitesimally small. So basically fly Airbus to support European jobs or Boeing to support American jobs.

/discussion
If you're booking your flight based on the manufacturer of the aircraft there's something wrong with you anyway.
Bradt3hleader
+121|6110

Gawwad wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

@Gawwad

I have no idea what you mean but I'm gonna say I have no idea what you mean.
I meant they're 10 trillion clickers (Kilometers) below the sea!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard