nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5618|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
I had it plugged into a wall charger last night, and it now won't unlock from the hold switch thing. I can flip the switch, but it is unresponsive and the lock icon foes not go away. Also, when I plug it into m computer, it says the device was not recognized.

Suggestions???
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6574|NYC / Hamburg

press and hold the middle and menu button
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6461|USA
Go to the apple store and buy a new one?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6160|what

max wrote:

You might lose all your data, but the ipod will reset and should work.

If not, wait 2-3 days and the battery will drain automatically. When it does, charge it up again and try turning it on again.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5618|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

max wrote:

Thanks, I think that fixed it, I couldn't remember how to reset.

elite.mafia wrote:

I don't have that kind of money at the moment, I can't complain, I won this one, and I have used it a lot, so I got a lot of use out of it.

EDIT: it seems like it is kind of coming apart on the side where the front piece and back piece come together

Last edited by nickb64 (2009-05-29 08:28:22)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6460|The Twilight Zone
Apple sells software for fixing ipods but its more expensive than the ipod itself... but it does come in a nice white package!
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6160|what

.Sup wrote:

Apple sells software for fixing ipods but its more expensive than the ipod itself... but it does come in a nice white package!
and some stickers of apples.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6460|The Twilight Zone

AussieReaper wrote:

.Sup wrote:

and some stickers of apples.
2 stickers yes. nice white apple logo on them. oh and a really cool booklet
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Benzin
+576|6005
That's what came with my iPod. A booklet telling me to go on the Internet and download iTunes and two Apple stickers.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5939|CA
I had the same problem with my ipod touch.  I had to:

1.  Open itunes.
2.  Plug the ipod into the PC.
3.  Hold the home and round button down for about 15 seconds.
4.  itunes will ask if you want to reset the ipod.
5.  Eat the two apple stickers.
6.  Sync.

The sync took about half an hour, but it worked.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6204|Winland

Wait for it...

Aren't those things supposed to just work?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5936|NY/CT
that's osx and macs buddy, nice try

Last edited by GCFC (2009-05-30 13:58:48)

utchin
+8|5921

max wrote:

This method dosnt remove music and data on the Ipod. This just resets the device.

elite.mafia wrote:

If the device is under 1 Year old then the warranty would cover a replacement Ipod, If its over (without APP) then they wont issue a replacement and would have to buy a new one in the event that the device breaks.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard