sniper7.xw
+1|6783
ok, so i know for a fact that some people deffinately do have the war college ribbon, but it deffinately seems the hardest to get, so i was just wonder who does have it?
US|dirtysouth
purple sticky punch
+0|6823|englewood FL.
96D
+0|6784|Maryland, USA
This is the only award that becomes more difficult to get the longer you play. Seeing as how the teams I get put on either don't know how to take flags or don't know how to hold them, I have pretty much given up on ever seeing this ribbon.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6829
So have I. Theoretically speaking I believe most people roughly have a 50/50 win ratio. And unless you were aware of the requirements when you first started, chances are you'll never see it. Besides, most people who have it now prolly just switched teams at the end of a round, or joined the winning team at the end of a roundso they'd win next time.

I'm not worried though, I think EA will probably change the requirements for it soon enough. It's not like one soldier has any great influence on their whole team anyway, even though in close matches that can be true, but still, its not a ribbon based on any kind of skill really.
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6849|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
The reason that non-clan players will never see this ribbon is (not to bitch and moan) team stacking. While a lot of the time, the teams are fair enough not to worry about, I do see at least one instance of this every time I play. Sure, there is an even number of players on each time, but who cares... it's the experience difference that becomes the problem. The other night it was so bad, our first place player (who happened to be me) had a score equal to the player that was about 9 or 10 on the opposing team's list. Sure, games get lopsided when one team takes the right points and begins to win big, but other times, it's rape round after round after round. The sad part is that everyone seems to contribute to this problem. The good players stay together and try not to get switched and the bad players either quit or try to switch. I pride myself on the fact that whenever my team wins by 125+ pts or we win 3+ rounds in a row, I always switch to the weaker team. Too bad other people aren't out to have fun. I love the stats, don't get me wrong, but thanks to people who are desperate for one award or another, the majority of us non-clanners will never even come close to the WCR.
MightyBobo
+2|6789|Omaha, NE
Ah, my most proud ribbon.  I worked my ass off to get it, and its nice to know not many will get it to be honest.  Feels exclusive.  No, the requirements havent changed - still 50 hours as commander with a 3:1 win ratio.  And yes, as commander, you can make or break the battle.  Good artillary drops, good UAV placement, constant scanning for guys sneaking around to destroy commanders tools and/or trying to take spawn points from the rear.  The commander yapping about enemies being spotted may be annoying, but lots of people watch their maps and will chase them down - trust me on that one.

Unfortunately, lots of people are morons also and ignore my calls constantly.  I'll repeatedly flag an enemy sneaking around or something, and I literally watched an APC drive within 10 feet of one - and keep going.  Didnt even slow down or anything.  Some people just dont pay attention.  But on the plus side, working on it ended up getting me an asston of commanders points, which got me not only the ribbon, but my expert commander badge recently, among other things.
thinner44
+1|6818
Not everybody can get everything, (some top players/clans excluded), me, I'm happy to get what I'm given, usually a thrashing but hey, I'm happy just having fun. To those that have what they earned, congrats
McCullough
+7|6847
The only way to get it is to focus on getting it in the beginning of you'r Bf2 career.
88mm
+8|6815

McCullough wrote:

The only way to get it is to focus on getting it in the beginning of you'r Bf2 career.
I agree, and unless u are willing to start a new account and get all your other ribbons/badges/points once more (spending 150+ hours again), don't bother about it... just have fun playing.

https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45820894/awards.jpg
Crypto_420
+25|6852|Portland
This is one of the only ribbons i havent earned yet,  and probley never will.   Would have been nice but im more into playing on the side thats losing, and try and bring them back.   I have switched teams alot in the middle of rounds if i notice them losing baddly.

Crypto_420

https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/37246377/awards.jpg
-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6796|Rockhampton Qld
Crypto_420  i like your attitude its the same as i do, and im not even a great player yet, i just do my best.
but medals and ribbons are nice to get, but its not the point of the game, at the end of the day its either did you have fun playing it or no, thats the only point you really need to worry about.
if you find a good bunch of guys that are willing to play together and listen to the commander, shit its a fun game.
i dont care if i win or loose its how we played. look at my win loss ratio i loose more than i win but i have a lot of fun. isent that why we bought the game.
now everyone needs to shut up and get back to having fun, sorry if i offended anyone.
r00fus
+2|6801
i wish i had it
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6816
So is it just the commander win/loss ratio that counts? Sorry for asking, but having a global win/loss ratio that has to be 3:1 at least is just mad (though that |NERV|Raxor guy actually has a better global ratio than 3:1 too...)
r00fus
+2|6801
he could have received the award when he had a better w/l ratio..not sure what the  reqs are now but i got the ribbon right after the 50 hours as commander mark.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6816

r00fus wrote:

he could have received the award when he had a better w/l ratio..not sure what the  reqs are now but i got the ribbon right after the 50 hours as commander mark.
WTH? I have never seen stats like yours! You're a 24/7 commander lol !
And a Karkand whore !

Last edited by LeGrandAssidomaen (2005-10-11 08:25:05)

McGruff
+0|6787

88mm wrote:

McCullough wrote:

I agree, and unless u are willing to start a new account and get all your other ribbons/badges/points once more (spending 150+ hours again), don't bother about it... just have fun playing.
I am with you on this one. I have alrdy gone past the point of no return. WAY to hard to get it now. Just play the game and enjoy it. For the people that do have it tho, feel special cause its one of the hardest to get in the game.
MightyBobo
+2|6789|Omaha, NE

LeGrandAssidomaen wrote:

r00fus wrote:

WTH? I have never seen stats like yours! You're a 24/7 commander lol !
And a Karkand whore !
He also kicked and banned me from a server simply because I was a higher rank than him at one point, and I took commander from him.  AKA, a fag.

And whoever asked - no, its your overall W/L ratio - not just when you were commander.
00SoldierofFortune00
+1|6805
I don't think people should really go looking for awards, but let them come to you is a kinda motto for me. I say yuo don't go into war looking for glory or rewards, but they end up coming to you.

The only real way you stand a chance of getting the War College award, is if you are a very good commander and help your team win the majorty of times, or you, like Raxor, you are a big tanker and just play that during the game. I've seen the US on Karkand win so many times by just being alley camped by 1 or 2 tanks/apcs, yet the MEC controlled every flag the entire game. You will find the war college will mostly be held by very good mostly commander only types of guys, and by the armor whores. 1 tank/apc can determine the game on a level like Karkand mostly, which this guy has mostly gotten the bulk of his wins from, and from my guess, probably the 32 player version. Because that has less players, and usually the less ranked and novice players just to be frank, it is easier to go unharmed in a tank for long periods of time with hardly any opposition. I know at least 300 of those wins on Karkand are from being on the US too, and probably by being in a tank since this guy is probably not very good with weps judging by his stats. Don't worry about the awards because it is just a game, and those are just add ons, and won't make the game any funner but make you more frustrated. It's fine to challenge yourself and keep you occupied with BF2 to go looking for them, but don't get bent outta shape over them.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6822
Got team change at end of round?
96D
+0|6784|Maryland, USA

00SoldierofFortune00 wrote:

I don't think people should really go looking for awards, but let them come to you is a kinda motto for me. I say yuo don't go into war looking for glory or rewards, but they end up coming to you.
Ideally, that's the way it should be. However, a few of the awards are hard to get even with a conscious effort made. 25 repair points IAR for Expert Engineering? Wow. That would be difficult even with an enemy helping you.

I agree, though, that if you keep your kit or role in a team focused well during a round, the vast majority of awards will come to you in time. And that is the best feeling, to get an award you weren't trying for.

War College, however, is the exception. Unless EA gets more forgiving on the reqs for this ribbon, I'm never seeing it in my BFHQ.
Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

US|dirtysouth wrote:

http://bf2s.com/player/43725957/
heres one!!
whoa! that guy has got soooo many awards. and hes got sum pretty cool medals
MattD
+0|6831
lol the war college ribbon is a waste time personally and unless you actually spend all round trying to get the ribbon by switching teams its pointless same goes for the NAVY CROSS, MEC and PLA Medals. To Those of you who earned it without known the requirements and just having it pop up congrats.

Other then that the War College takes the team work right out of the game.
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6849
i'm working on mine went from 1.6 win loss ratio to 2.10
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6816

-(PK)-DarkIllusion wrote:

i'm working on mine went from 1.6 win loss ratio to 2.10
Damn...you guys must stop playing Karkand 24/7 if you wanna show off with your stats...
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6853|United Kingdom
heh, karkand is my most played map but its nowhere near my favourite. Im pretty sick of it. I agree the ribbon is riduculous for the people who have played a lot of times/ (luckilly i found out the requirements when i didnt have many lost games, so i took it from there. Now i got the hard one i can just play and enjoy it like everyone else

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard