Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

Chowley wrote:

Whats the DMZ ?
The Demilitarized Zone

oberst_enzian wrote:

Kaosdad008 wrote:

As far as what armies to in real life - who cares?  It's a GAME.
exactly. every argument so far (which is to say, anything that comes close to being an argument instead of just adolescent anxiety, or general misogyny) does nothing except promote the idea that women should not be able to as women in a video game. the content is irrelevant. how you feel about shooting 'female shaped pixels' is irrelevant. however you try to justify it, its just about keeping 'femaleness' out of a video game, which is in itself a kind of philosophical homosexuality. this kind of homogeneity just keeps games in the ghetto of arrested development, and leads to the same shit being pumped out year after year, aimed at males aged 10-25, with very few interesting/engaging experiences to be had, by either sex.
HERE HERE. Thank you for that post, btw for those who think females should be kicking ass you should check out Rainbox six Lockdown, as far as I know they have females in that, I think one is Korean too lol.
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6603|Florida
I think it's a good idea, but I think it should allow you to decide whether you want to be a female or not.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

[zulu]steviep831 wrote:

I think it's a good idea, but I think it should allow you to decide whether you want to be a female or not.
Yeah, like, when you install the game?
Chowley
+1|6656|Ireland
Yes they should add female models/skins. Anything new imo is good. This game definately needs more variation. If only we could have custom skins
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA

Mr.CobraKai wrote:

Well, I think the problem is that the U.S. military has an "official" stance of "no women in ground combat" -- at least for now.  (Yes, yes, there is an ongoing debate about that, but it is against policy).  While there are women who are officially in combat support roles and in combat air crews, and of course the instances when support personnel are placed in combat situations (i.e. Jessica Lynch), the U.S. military doesn't put women out as ground-pounders.  In fact, just last year the House Armed Services Committee's the Military Personnel Subcommittee "approved an extremely broad provision barring women from serving, not just as combatants (still technically illegal) but in any company-size unit supporting combat battalions and their subordinate companies." (Source - Seattle Post Intelligencer)  So having women as U.S.M.C. ground combatants wouldn't reflect reality.
A good female friend of mine served a support role as you mention over in Iraq last year. Her "support" role was to clean up the bodies after battle. Mortuary Affairs. Some of you guys would puke your brains out if you saw some of the shit she did.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

As long as they carried a stove and vacuum cleaner in thier kit, I am all for it.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

usmarine2005 wrote:

As long as they carried a stove and vacuum cleaner in thier kit, I am all for it.
Sigh.
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6699|Louisiana
I wouldn't mind if EA put in female models so you could choose, but really, women aren't put on the front lines as much as men are. Women are generally more prone to emotional breakdowns and are less reliable in battle. Soldiers are a liability if their actions put others in danger.
Digital Aura
Git R Dun
+18|6631|Ontario, Canada

usmarine2005 wrote:

LOL...cmon...at least admit that comment was pretty funny, even if it is purely chauvinistic.
Personally, I've got no problems shooting at ANYONE with a barrel pointed at me.
dankassasin42o
+68|6649|Reefersyde, CA
Personallily i think this game needs ALOT of blood.  there not any, how am i susposed to feel like i killed that guy from 300m if theres no lil cloud of red mist
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6731

Citizen One wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

Sigh.
Relax.  My girlfriend smacked me in the back of the head when she saw that.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6643|A sunburnt country

xintegrityx wrote:

I wouldn't mind if EA put in female models so you could choose, but really, women aren't put on the front lines as much as men are. Women are generally more prone to emotional breakdowns and are less reliable in battle. Soldiers are a liability if their actions put others in danger.
I served with both Men and Women up in the Gulf and saw as many guys have "emotional breakdowns" as the women.

I'd like to see (and hear) females in the game, why not, it's only a game.
aslpride
+6|6633
I have no protest against females soldiers, but the concept of bikini females in battlefield 2 is somewhat distract my attention.

Images when you are on roof top in Warlord and choose sniper rifle as weapon. You look at scope and you find bikini female, your jaw dropped after you see female with size DD. Before you know, you had head shot kill from the bikini female.

That kind of distract I want to avoid and enjoy the game based on its original mission.
VidSicious
+25|6744
I thought people would like my Designer kit idea, but so far no comment.  But seriously, I do not want female voices in the game.  I play the game to escape from yapping wives at night.  The last thing I want to hear is a bunch of females nagging me to take this ammo bag, take this medic kit, husband spotted, NAGGING YOUR AREA !  Argh!
airborne916
+24|6635

Citizen One wrote:

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

Nah, War is for Boys with toys.

but i'll bet your a guy like this one http://www.break.com/movies/wowjerkoff.html
I aint a boy, but that was halirious

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Hey, man, I was joking.
and actually I'm 24 years old.
I was joking, 'cause I am against the idea. I would support only naked female models, lol

War is a serious thing and should be left to men. Women should stay at home    (and get killed by bombs dropped on the cities, as it usually is the case - WWII etc. )
You'r an iddiot, that aint funny...

Tyferra wrote:

I think it's great that girls play BF2 and I know that the BF2 world dosn't really allow for girls to be included, upsetting, but none the less. I know it's all equal opportunity stuff, especially when feminists are saying "I wanna die for my country too!"

That being said, I'm not for female skins/models, (that can be used in a better context too, ) call me old fasioned, but I'm not one for shooting at women, even computer generated women. It would distract me, and would probably bring my playing style down. Also, there would still be no women on the MEC team, (probably the PLA team too,) and how would you define which charecter is a woman? The only way I can think of is that in signing up your account, you put your, (preferred,) gender in and whatever class you pick you will have a female skin.

Still, I don't think it would work.
Sigh, click this link, every country has women fighting for them, in war, you have to kill a lady as much as you have to kill a man. It aint just a European/American thing.

http://forum.anothersite.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37781
i dont think there should be woman skins because wemen are not allowed in infantry in the us military and i bet your ass  china does the same.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.
Quotes ftw, seriously, delete some text next time -_-
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6699|Louisiana

VspyVspy wrote:

xintegrityx wrote:

I served with both Men and Women up in the Gulf and saw as many guys have "emotional breakdowns" as the women.

I'd like to see (and hear) females in the game, why not, it's only a game.
That's your experience. There's a reason there are more men on the front lines than women.
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6590|the side hatch
im all for customization of characters but it is entirely fluff and not important to the game, because it is not important to the game, it should stay as realistic as possible for those of us that like the game's realism for purely aesthetic reasons (i am not talking about the people who think the mechanics of the game should change to make them more realistic for it's own sake)...

this means no women for the most part, just as it would kill the realistic feel of the game if people had afros or sombreros or were dwarfs...while i acknowledge the fact that sometime perhaps a female soldier might find herself in battle, i could also imagine a circumstance where someone's pants would fall down in battle, and while i think that it would be a great addition to the fun of the game for me for a while at least, i think that peoples pants falling down in the game would have a negative effect on the immersive environment
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

strangelove wrote:

im all for customization of characters but it is entirely fluff and not important to the game, because it is not important to the game, it should stay as realistic as possible for those of us that like the game's realism for purely aesthetic reasons (i am not talking about the people who think the mechanics of the game should change to make them more realistic for it's own sake)...

this means no women for the most part, just as it would kill the realistic feel of the game if people had afros or sombreros or were dwarfs...while i acknowledge the fact that sometime perhaps a female soldier might find herself in battle, i could also imagine a circumstance where someone's pants would fall down in battle, and while i think that it would be a great addition to the fun of the game for me for a while at least, i think that peoples pants falling down in the game would have a negative effect on the immersive environment
May I now point out the fact all charecter skins are exactly the same, not realistic if you ask me, but whatever.
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au

Citizen One wrote:

May I now point out the fact all charecter skins are exactly the same, not realistic if you ask me, but whatever.
it's a futile argument anyway, as nothing in the game is realistic... shoot someone in real life and see if their health bar decreases, hold up a wrench  to a broken vehicle and see if rotating it in mid air fixes it (blah bah ad nauseum). appealing to realism is just another excuse, not the real reason people don't want this to happen, as I alluded to in my previous post...

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-03-30 17:09:32)

strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6590|the side hatch
soldiers look alike and they wear uniforms which by definitions means that they look alike

if you got your realistic female models i doubt you would be happy, they wouldnt look like attractive elite women but rather they would look like the models we have now except shorter, larger hips and perhaps a ponytail
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au
when did Citizen One say anything about attractive women?

https://img238.imageshack.us/img238/56/diggint6rv.jpg

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-03-30 17:15:51)

VspyVspy
Sniper
Bit off subject but I'd love to see skins from places like Sesame Street.

Wouldn't it be a hoot to run around as "The Count"..... Hahahahah...I love to shoot, or any of the other characters ?

Enemy Big Bird Spotted
strangelove
HOBO SPIRIT
+77|6590|the side hatch

oberst_enzian wrote:

when did Citizen One say anything about attractive women?

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/56/diggint6rv.jpg
i know you think you are being clever but the fact remains that female models in full combat gear with body armor WILL NOT LOOK female, making the point moot...in fact who says that all the models are male? hw can you tell what they are genetically?

i reread you other posts as well and you are welcome to speak for yourself sigmund, but most of us dont want female models for the same reason we dont want wookie models

if you stongly feel the need for women to be able to represent themselves physically in a video game then the person with the issues is you not the ones who think it's a bad idea
VspyVspy
Sniper

VidSicious wrote:

I thought people would like my Designer kit idea, but so far no comment.  But seriously, I do not want female voices in the game.  I play the game to escape from yapping wives at night.  The last thing I want to hear is a bunch of females nagging me to take this ammo bag, take this medic kit, husband spotted, NAGGING YOUR AREA !  Argh!
LOL, Vid, you've been married way too long dude.

I wasn't thinking of a "nagging wife" voice over, I'm talking sultry and sexy voices.  We play the game to escape reality, why would you think I would suggest a nagging wife voice!!

I mean that in a nice way too mate, been married too so I feel you're pain ;-)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard