GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6789
ok....ok....ok......this I gotta tell you your wrong.  Like I said Im from Los Angeles and I knew people who went to this rally.  The majority of protesters were american born citizens or naturalized immigrants, not illegals like you and everyone else Ive read so far, are assuming.  Which is just proving my point of the people who support this matter.  You all made an assumption that the protesters were some poor dumb uneducated wetbacks without actually knowing the truth.  And on that assumption, yall are just creating more and more arguments to defend your points.  I think the protests were stupid, not because what they stood for but because the majority of people were protesting for the wrong reasons I think.  Its just a naive generation of young people that are trying to find a cause outside of gangs/drugs/violence and at present time, this is what the hispanic AMERICAN youth of our nation could relate to....dont call them illegals man, most of them were just as american as anyone else and I hope you could undterstand my point even more now.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6796|USA
also......if you immagrate to America you are expected to learn and speak the national language......is it wrong for me to constantly have to chose if I want to talk to someone in Spainish or English.or does that make me a racist?......seems all the other immagrants (who are legal by the way) made an effort to learn their new countries language, and are proud of being an American...........There is no parallel to the immagrants form europe 100 years ago and the immagrants form Mexico now.....
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6789
this is a very sensitve subject and I do realize that nobodies opinion is gonna be changed
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6796|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

ok....ok....ok......this I gotta tell you your wrong.  Like I said Im from Los Angeles and I knew people who went to this rally.  The majority of protesters were american born citizens or naturalized immigrants, not illegals like you and everyone else Ive read so far, are assuming.  Which is just proving my point of the people who support this matter.  You all made an assumption that the protesters were some poor dumb uneducated wetbacks without actually knowing the truth.  And on that assumption, yall are just creating more and more arguments to defend your points.  I think the protests were stupid, not because what they stood for but because the majority of people were protesting for the wrong reasons I think.  Its just a naive generation of young people that are trying to find a cause outside of gangs/drugs/violence and at present time, this is what the hispanic AMERICAN youth of our nation could relate to....dont call them illegals man, most of them were just as american as anyone else and I hope you could undterstand my point even more now.
Ok you are right.....that is exactly what I assumed.....that the majority of protesters ( and not all) were illegals.....but I am still alittle fuzzy as to how that assumption makes me a racist.

I think to be honest.......if anyone is racist here it is you  ( with all do respect ) your prejudgement on anyone that is for immagration laws as racist makes you the RACIST, for the very fact that you have tried to turn this into a race issue.

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-30 08:42:55)

wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6922
Illegals told to protest:
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn … 206421.htm

WOW... and i thought democrats were sheep?!
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6789

lowing wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Ok you are right.....that is exactly what I assumed.....that the majority of protesters ( and not all) were illegals.....but I am still alittle fuzzy as to how that assumption makes me a racist.

I think to be honest.......if anyone is racist here it is you  ( with all do respect ) your prejudgement on anyone that is for immagration laws as racist makes you the RACIST.
like i said people who support this are racist and may not even realize it.   You were taking a stereotypical point of view of a group of people that you apparently may not know much about without any kind of research.  thos nasty "them" and "they" words I always hear "non-racist" talking about.  I dont wanna call you one bro, and Im not saying you have malicious intent with your beliefs but the fact that you see these people as any different from you other than their opinion on this matter is what leads to me this conclusion.

Im not racist.  I dont know or care to know what your race is because to me that is a non-issue.  I wish we could live in a world where we dont need to check off our ethnic background.  Yet I still dont see how you could say Im racist just for having prejudgements on anyone who supports this issue.  I never pointed out anything about a specific group who are behind the anti-immigration.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6796|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

lowing wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I think to be honest.......if anyone is racist here it is you  ( with all do respect ) your prejudgement on anyone that is for immagration laws as racist makes you the RACIST.
like i said people who support this are racist and may not even realize it.   You were taking a stereotypical point of view of a group of people that you apparently may not know much about without any kind of research.  thos nasty "them" and "they" words I always hear "non-racist" talking about.  I dont wanna call you one bro, and Im not saying you have malicious intent with your beliefs but the fact that you see these people as any different from you other than their opinion on this matter is what leads to me this conclusion.

Im not racist.  I dont know or care to know what your race is because to me that is a non-issue.  I wish we could live in a world where we dont need to check off our ethnic background.  Yet I still dont see how you could say Im racist just for having prejudgements on anyone who supports this issue.  I never pointed out anything about a specific group who are behind the anti-immigration.
I guess I can say you are racist for having prejudgement on people who support this because, ............"like i said people who support this are racist and may not even realize it."............................you did.

or are you prepared to say that the rules are different for me than they are for you, in prejudging, because I am white and you are hispanic??

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-30 08:59:13)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6796|USA
now again gunslinger I challenge you on this with all do respect for you and your opinions if it sounds like I am getting shitty with you I am not.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6789
I see where your going with this and Im not turning the car that way.......My prejudgements have nothing to do with the color of anyones skin, thats why Im not racist.  use another word my friend but dont call me a racist, as race has nothing to do with this sidebar at the moment. You are saying I am a racist because I assume anyone who supports this is a racist. how do you make that correlation?  maybe your calling me a racist for lack of a better word? 

I hate using wikipidia but Im lazy and I got school in a lil while

"Racism refers to a belief system that advocates discriminating against people based on a perceived or ascribed "race". A racist outlook assumes that the human species can be meaningfully divided into races, a viewpoint often coupled with hostility toward people of other races. Racism often includes the belief that people of different races differ in aptitudes and characteristics. Some people, whose thinking about others uses racial categories, believe that different races can be placed on a ranked, hierarchical, scale. The term race plus the suffix ism added refers to a "meme" that the human species can be divided into various groups based on physical charateristics mainly skin color. By definition one who practices racism is known as a racist which is not the same as racial prejudice."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

my prejudgement has nothing to do with your race, just your point of view.....we on the same page? That is my flaw and I dont want to call you a racist or a bigot.  Your ideas and opinions are both equally valid as mine and I am always up for an open and mature dialogue.  I really didnt wanna touch this topic because I have so many mixed feelings towards but I guess I got snatched up.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-03-30 09:09:17)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6796|USA
............"like i said people who support this are racist and may not even realize it."....................your quote, not mine.

my quote
not true.........they just SO happen to be hispanic..................the problem is..........they want to be here illegally and reap all of the opportunity America has to offer but give nothing back..........see also..liberal

the feelings would be the same no matter what race of people tried to pull this shit.

i don't mention skin color either but you assume I am a racist.

now once again who is spewing racial dialogue??

Last edited by lowing (2006-03-30 09:14:17)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6796|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I see where your going with this and Im not turning the car that way.......My prejudgements have nothing to do with the color of anyones skin, thats why Im not racist.  use another word my friend but dont call me a racist, as race has nothing to do with this sidebar at the moment. You are saying I am a racist because I assume anyone who supports this is a racist. how do you make that correlation?  maybe your calling me a racist for lack of a better word? 

I hate using wikipidia but Im lazy and I got school in a lil while

"Racism refers to a belief system that advocates discriminating against people based on a perceived or ascribed "race". A racist outlook assumes that the human species can be meaningfully divided into races, a viewpoint often coupled with hostility toward people of other races. Racism often includes the belief that people of different races differ in aptitudes and characteristics. Some people, whose thinking about others uses racial categories, believe that different races can be placed on a ranked, hierarchical, scale. The term race plus the suffix ism added refers to a "meme" that the human species can be divided into various groups based on physical charateristics mainly skin color. By definition one who practices racism is known as a racist which is not the same as racial prejudice."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism

my prejudgement has nothing to do with your race, just your point of view.....we on the same page? That is my flaw and I dont want to call you a racist or a bigot.  Your ideas and opinions are both equally valid as mine and I am always up for an open and mature dialogue.  I really didnt wanna touch this topic because I have so many mixed feelings towards but I guess I got snatched up.
and my prejudgements have nothing to do with skin color either......you are only assuming that it does...which I am afraid makes you the racist......
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6789
and that goes right down to the essence of this argument.  for all intents and purposes let us both establish that we are both two non-racist tax paying american citizens.  Ok.  The point im trying to make is that a large portion of the population who are so aginst the issue of illegal immigration are in fact racist.  I see your view and I am in total agreement.  I believe that if you wanna be a part of our nation, you must assimilate into our society.  You gotta at least have a basic understanding of our official language and you gotta respect and obey the laws.  Maybe you could see why I have mixed feelings.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6796|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

and that goes right down to the essence of this argument.  for all intents and purposes let us both establish that we are both two non-racist tax paying american citizens.  Ok.  The point im trying to make is that a large portion of the population who are so aginst the issue of illegal immigration are in fact racist.  I see your view and I am in total agreement.  I believe that if you wanna be a part of our nation, you must assimilate into our society.  You gotta at least have a basic understanding of our official language and you gotta respect and obey the laws.  Maybe you could see why I have mixed feelings.
I only layed a reversal on you about being racist to prove a point...and that point was......your words of prejudgement are the same as what you are complaining about......it doesn't make sense. I don't really think you are a racist.

Now, this is going to sound like grand standing but it isn't this how I feel...........

there is no such thing as mexican-american, african-american, or japanese-american, or korean-american, if your a citizen of this country you are an American period........there are no distinctions.........as a matter of fact the only distinctions that are being made in the past 20 years has been you guys making them.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6789

lowing wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I only layed a reversal on you about being racist to prove a point...and that point was......your words of prejudgement are the same as what you are complaining about......it doesn't make sense. I don't really think you are a racist.

Now, this is going to sound like grand standing but it isn't this how I feel...........

there is no such thing as mexican-american, african-american, or japanese-american, or korean-american, if your a citizen of this country you are an American period........there are no distinctions.........as a matter of fact the only distinctions that are being made in the past 20 years has been you guys making them.
I was so gonna agree with your last senteance ...then you said "you guys".  Against prejudgement about a persons point of view are not a defining factor of racism.  The prejudgements of a persons race or ethnic group is what defines a racist.  I never once called my self a Nicarguan-American or a Latin American or whatever, i just told you I was hispanic and I was born here.  Now, your putting me in the same category as all those "Viva La raza" "Si se puedo" jokers, of which i no where near identify with.  I was am american who happens to be first generation.  I also served in U.S. army and in iraq.  I really miss being in the military sometimes for the fact that when you walk into a room, the color of your skin is not the first thing that is noticed, but instead its the rank on your collar.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6922

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

The point im trying to make is that a large portion of the population who are so aginst the issue of illegal immigration are in fact racist.
Why can't they be law abiding citizens? 

If they were canadians pouring in illegally I'd say the same thing if they reaped benefits without paying into the system.

-------------------------------------
Same thing here:
"A young teenage girl was about to finish her first year of college. She considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat but her father was a rather staunch Republican.
One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to taxes and welfare programs. He stopped her and asked her how she was doing in school.
She answered that she had a 4.0 GPA but it was really tough. She had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party. She didn't have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying.

He asked, "How is your friend Mary." She replied that Mary was barely getting by. She had a 2.0 GPA, never studied, but was very popular on campus, went to all the parties all the time. Why she often didn't show up for classes because she was hung over.
Dad then asked his daughter why she didn't go to the Dean's office and ask why she couldn't take 1.0 off her 4.0 and give it to her friend who only had a 2.0. That way they would both have a 3.0 GPA.

The daughter angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair, I worked really hard for mine and Mary has done nothing".
The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party". "
------------------------------

I was raised that if you want something in life you have to work hard for it.  Maybe people have taken it to mean work hard towards voting for the 'right' to have it?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6789
like I side, a large proportion.  If you do not feel that that your one of those then the argument does not apply to you.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6916|Atlanta, GA USA
I'm sure there are some who are in favor of immigration reform for racist reasons, but, IMO, the Hispanic groups are the ones who are turning this into a racial argument.  It seems like every time anyone mentions immigration reform, Hispanic groups come out of the woodwork crying "racism."
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6789
im retired from this thread
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6796|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

lowing wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I was so gonna agree with your last senteance ...then you said "you guys".  Against prejudgement about a persons point of view are not a defining factor of racism.  The prejudgements of a persons race or ethnic group is what defines a racist.  I never once called my self a Nicarguan-American or a Latin American or whatever, i just told you I was hispanic and I was born here.  Now, your putting me in the same category as all those "Viva La raza" "Si se puedo" jokers, of which i no where near identify with.  I was am american who happens to be first generation.  I also served in U.S. army and in iraq.  I really miss being in the military sometimes for the fact that when you walk into a room, the color of your skin is not the first thing that is noticed, but instead its the rank on your collar.
once again you are prejudging and being hyper sensative over nothing......."you guys" that I was refering to was "you guys" that feel the way you do not any particular race............please drop the race card already
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6922
If you don't have an opinion on illegal immigration you need to read this:

http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns … 91685.html
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6885
Thing is that in America, Aren’t you all Illegal Immigrants, unless your a Native American
Erkut.hv
+124|6880|California

paranoid101 wrote:

Thing is that in America, Aren’t you all Illegal Immigrants, unless your a Native American
Nice try.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6820|Canberra, AUS
I know this is kind of restarting the thread, but

'We are being swamped by Asians (in Australia)'.

I hear this a lot, and it angers me (...)

We have a extremely multicultural policy.

Do you think that these people should just STFU?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
dubbs
+105|6777|Lexington, KY
Personally, I think that we should have stricter Immigration laws in the US.  I get so mad, when I think that my hard earned money that goes to taxes help support people that are not American citizens.  The illegal aliens' children get free school (and lunches), medical support, food (Government assisted food stamps), and money.  They do not have to pay taxes, learn English, and most of the money them make goes back to Mexico. 

Locally, some of the greater areas of crime in my town, are full of illegal aliens.

Someone spoke about the Mintueman, I heard on a talkshow that there was a former Mintueman who told some illegal aliens to stay off his property or he will have to resort to force to keep them off.  The illegals did not stay off the property, and the guy either shot one of them or shot at them.  The illegal then took the man to court, and sued for the former Mintueman's farm (120 acres) and the illegal won, even though he did not have any rights in court.  The outcome in the case was tha tthe illegal had to sell the land, because he could not own it legally.  Because of our laws in the US, the illegal became a US citizen or the process was speed up for him because of the crime committed agaist him. 

So the current Aerican way is to support the illegals, they give the Democrats votes (illegally) and the Republicans cheap labor (illegally)  so on a federal level there will be nothing done to solve the issue, imho.
dubbs
+105|6777|Lexington, KY

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

lowing wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Defending the rights that they have according to our Federal Laws to illegals, makes us racist, then you are racist agaist every person who has gained American citizenship legally.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard