BMAsRevenge
+3|6635
Some suggestions to make the antitank kit a little more usefull.
First I want to explain my reasoning for the sense of argument.

Tanks - If you are being attacked by a tank and you are an anti tank kit the likely-hood of you dieing multiple times before you can destroy the tank is high. You take the antitank kit to be able to take down tanks but the kit is so weak that I find it better to spawn as Special forces and plant C4 on them. Does that make sense? Then not only is that easier after the tank is gone at least as SF you have a decent gun.

Aircraft - Anyone here that has been raped by an attack chopper over and over again will tell you there is almost nothing a foot soldier can do against them. Sometimes the best thing to do is have a whole squad spawn as support and unload on it. Hitting them with an antitank kit  is a luck shot. I understand that pilots can't be made useless and that they deserve to have an advantage but the advantage a good pilot has in overpowering. I was on an EA server the other night and watched a hellocopter pilot play an entire game and get 45 kills with 0 deaths. Granted he was a good pilot but thats the point 45 & 0? How about 25 & 5 with his skil.

What I recomend is one of two things either give the antitank kit lock on capabilty "sidewinders" by default for choppers or an unpgrade option. Things to consider to keep it fair. They would need at least 3 hits for choppers. Tanks do not need lock on but there ability to shoot a soldier through cover be a building sand bags..... needs to be downgraded.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6819|Singapore

Its called SPLASH damage my friend.
Freshmetal
+0|6691
I agree with the Heli thing and the anti-tank missle problem, but it only takes two missles to kill a tank/APC
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6745|US
I hit helis a good 15-20% of the time.  You just need to time it or wait for a good angle.
For the Record, Tanks can't shoot through sandbags in BF2.
motherdear
+25|6682|Denmark/Minnesota (depends)
anti tank are just like they should be, you can't hit a chopper if you are a newbie with it. i have practiced with this weapon and i can hit choppers within 0-50 m half the time, you just gotta be sneaky and know how to use the kit and where to place your missiles.
7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6694
Tanks - I agree with that it is easier to take out a tank with C4 then Anti-tank. The Anti-tank kit needs teamwork to use. Go Anti-tank and get 2 other buddies to do the same. Fire around the same time from different angles and your going to have a big pile of scrap metal left over. Anti-tank is an underappreciated kit to play, but someone has to do it.

Choppers - Upgraded Anti-air, missle packs down to 8, hit point reduction on heli's. What more do you need to honestly make you happy? The mentioned pilot probably spent many hours becoming as good as he is. I for one, spent many hours learning to fly, and because of constant complaints to BF2, it was nerfed. I can still fly, but it's definately not to the point where getting 45-0 k/d ratio is even remotely likely. You need to learn to use the things around you. There are plenty of AA sites on the battlefield and even more transports. Jump into one and unload the turret gun into it. The heli will go down if you land your shots before you even overheat.

My main point would be, if you think the choppers are too overpowered, why don't you use it? Learn to fly and use the weapon rather then complaining about how hard it is to take them down. Once you get in the air I'm sure you'll find choppers have it more rough then any vehicle in the game.

Last edited by 7thEs_ChibiKrillin (2006-03-29 23:19:23)

mofo65
+6|6661|Valrico, FL USA

BMAsRevenge wrote:

Tanks - If you are being attacked by a tank and you are an anti tank kit the likely-hood of you dieing multiple times before you can destroy the tank is high. You take the antitank kit to be able to take down tanks but the kit is so weak that I find it better to spawn as Special forces and plant C4 on them. Does that make sense? Then not only is that easier after the tank is gone at least as SF you have a decent gun.

Aircraft - Anyone here that has been raped by an attack chopper over and over again will tell you there is almost nothing a foot soldier can do against them. Sometimes the best thing to do is have a whole squad spawn as support and unload on it. Hitting them with an antitank kit  is a luck shot. I understand that pilots can't be made useless and that they deserve to have an advantage but the advantage a good pilot has in overpowering. I was on an EA server the other night and watched a hellocopter pilot play an entire game and get 45 kills with 0 deaths. Granted he was a good pilot but thats the point 45 & 0? How about 25 & 5 with his skil.

What I recomend is one of two things either give the antitank kit lock on capabilty "sidewinders" by default for choppers or an unpgrade option. Things to consider to keep it fair. They would need at least 3 hits for choppers. Tanks do not need lock on but there ability to shoot a soldier through cover be a building sand bags..... needs to be downgraded.
This game needs hand held sringers like DC, because the fixed ones are in the open and your view is blocked by their placement.
Zukabazuka
+23|6716
You can use the AA towers now to take down chopper, they bring them down most of the time, about hitting an chopper it's not suposed to be easy. Taking down a tank is a bit hard though because the missile seems to miss when I hit straight on and still need to fire 3 more to bring it down and when you fire the missile quickly take cover and dont stand at the same place. It's like telling people "Hey shoot me" Wich they really do.

Tank can only shoot through fence and smal metal plates
BMAsRevenge
+3|6635

7thEs_ChibiKrillin wrote:

Tanks - I agree with that it is easier to take out a tank with C4 then Anti-tank. The Anti-tank kit needs teamwork to use. Go Anti-tank and get 2 other buddies to do the same. Fire around the same time from different angles and your going to have a big pile of scrap metal left over. Anti-tank is an underappreciated kit to play, but someone has to do it.

Choppers - Upgraded Anti-air, missle packs down to 8, hit point reduction on heli's. What more do you need to honestly make you happy? The mentioned pilot probably spent many hours becoming as good as he is. I for one, spent many hours learning to fly, and because of constant complaints to BF2, it was nerfed. I can still fly, but it's definately not to the point where getting 45-0 k/d ratio is even remotely likely. You need to learn to use the things around you. There are plenty of AA sites on the battlefield and even more transports. Jump into one and unload the turret gun into it. The heli will go down if you land your shots before you even overheat.

My main point would be, if you think the choppers are too overpowered, why don't you use it? Learn to fly and use the weapon rather then complaining about how hard it is to take them down. Once you get in the air I'm sure you'll find choppers have it more rough then any vehicle in the game.
I agree that multiple players being antitank at once can take out a tank quite easy but doesn't that defeat the whole idea of a multipurpose squad? Antitank, SF, Medic, Assault, Support, Sniper, Engineer. Its hard enough to get an equal balanced squad let alone if you need 3 of them to be antitank.

As for your main point and not meaning to comment on you directly as many pilots while say the same thing. Maybe I don't want to fly a plane! Everone has there own preference some like to fly choppers, some like to fly jets, others like use tanks, others like me like to be footsoldiers. The game is set up for all type players so should on be more of an advantage than the other?

This isn't supposed to be anti pilot thread and I really don't want to make that argument pilots are a part of the game. AA guns are not all over t he map and besides they are stationary so its like hey I got a lock on you so pilots turns and blast the AA gun. Well good pilots do anyway. The AA tank was a huge break for land troops being mobile and very powerfull but they are still limited 1 or 2 per map. What i'm saying is a mobile infantry unit weapon "stinger"  It doesn't matter if it takes multiple hits as long as it can be fired and forgot. Pilots need to understand that I stress multiple hits. The anti tank kit has a slow reload time so if your a pilot and are under attack from these then retreat to repair that would give troops that are being base rapped by a chopper the chance to seek cover.
earth.citizen
+4|6769|Miami, FL

BMAsRevenge wrote:

WRONG WRONG WRONG

The AntiTank kit is a stand-off kit. You are not supposed to be up close and personal with the enemy. The primary AT weapon, the missle, is a guided weapon. So my first advice is: get far away and guide the thing to it's target. The sub-machine gun is essentially a personal defense weapon. Secondly, you have to work in a squad and the squad has to work together. It has been suggested in the BF2 Strategy Guide to form a squad with a purpose. You obviously need to be in an AntiTank squad. There needs to be several AT kits and at least 1 Support kit in your squad. Lastly, when hiding from armor and other vehicles that can fire thru barriers, make sure you are a few feet off of the wall. NEVER stand next to a wall. EVER. Not even a tank round will go thru a wall, but the splash damage will extend a foot or so beyond the wall.

My point is, if you're going to play AT you need to develop a strategy for doing so.

For instance, try forming a squad with 2 AT guys and a Spec-Ops. Get a lock-on on the tank but don't shoot. He'll eventually go nuts trying to find you and the Spec-Ops guy can probably get up and close enough to finish him. It would be even better if you put a round in the tank before the Spec-Ops guy gets there so he only has to use 1 C-4 pack instead of 2.

NO MORE TWEAKING THE GAME  ||  MAKE STRATEGY
BMAsRevenge
+3|6635
LOL You must be a tank driver. Reread what you quoted I said I prefer using C4. I never said anything about making the weapon more effective to tanks. The only thing I stated about tanks was the splash effect. I seldom use a tank but I will openly say that tanks are an equally balanced part of the game. I don't believe the splash effect should kill you through walls like it does. Thats all no other. The main body of that post is adding to the kit for anti-air. I'm done now it was only ideas I was never trying to change the whole game or start arguments. They will continue to make changes and tweaks here and there whether you are for them or not. You can't please everyone all the time.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6804|Golden, CO
The key to being an effective AT player is being sneaky as fuck and knowing where to hit your target.  Being able to pop out from behind a building and nail the tracks on a tank (preferably without having to guide it) and scoot around to where he isn't looking for you to take him out will make you a tank killer to reckon with.  Sure you can try to run up and place some C4, but that can be almost impossible if there are a lot of enemy infantry around.  I personally make it a priority to take out and Spec Ops going for a friendly tank.  If that tank stays alive, the better chance I have of staying alive.  Having a couple other AT guys to work with is definetly helpful, but unless it's a bad day I can take out a lot of tanks on my own.

Oh and once on Dragon Valley, I was playing AT at the front PLA flag.  I just defended there the whole round with a couple squad mates.  They sure as hell never captured it, and I single handedly took out 8 or 9 Cobras with the HJ-8 and my AT rockets.  It was a really good feeling to take down those guys...
EvilJebus
+11|6655
The AT kit is prefectly fine, you just don't know how to play it. A tank can go down in 2 hits from the AT rocket, and most of the time I'll see the driver jump out or try to run after my first hit. As for the helicopters, of course they are going to rape you, it's a fucking helicopter it's ment to rape things on the ground. If you had a compitent jet or heli pilot on your team you wouldn't have a heli problem, and then there's always the SAM and 50cal turrets.
{PAMD64}canuk
+0|6757
I think it would be good to remove the AA emplacements and just give the AT kit a stinger.
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6791
The mistake most people make is attacking from the front. The antitank missile makes it easy to se where it came from. Its always best to let the tank roll past you and blast it from the side or back. Always have a building or something for cover. Run around to the other side and blast it again. etc. The main rpoblem is running out of ammo.

Also, this might sound crazy, but if you're stuck in the open with a tank/apc, the best thing to do is jump onto it. Sometimes they think you're Spec Forces and jump out, and anyway they cant kill you form there.
Leebster
+22|6778|Sharqi Peninsula
It is hard to judge the anti tank kit, it seems like it is a different situation for every map.  Flying a black hawk on wake is suicide, flying it on Mashtuur is pure sex.  I guess it wouldnt be a bad thing to have mobile sidewinders, especially on Sharqi when that dang helicopter comes to base rape.  For ground I think it is just fine.  Even if you don't kill the guy right away, you can scare him away in a hurry.
7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6694
I agree that multiple players being antitank at once can take out a tank quite easy but doesn't that defeat the whole idea of a multipurpose squad? Antitank, SF, Medic, Assault, Support, Sniper, Engineer. Its hard enough to get an equal balanced squad let alone if you need 3 of them to be antitank.

As for your main point and not meaning to comment on you directly as many pilots while say the same thing. Maybe I don't want to fly a plane! Everone has there own preference some like to fly choppers, some like to fly jets, others like use tanks, others like me like to be footsoldiers. The game is set up for all type players so should on be more of an advantage than the other?

This isn't supposed to be anti pilot thread and I really don't want to make that argument pilots are a part of the game. AA guns are not all over t he map and besides they are stationary so its like hey I got a lock on you so pilots turns and blast the AA gun. Well good pilots do anyway. The AA tank was a huge break for land troops being mobile and very powerfull but they are still limited 1 or 2 per map. What i'm saying is a mobile infantry unit weapon "stinger"  It doesn't matter if it takes multiple hits as long as it can be fired and forgot. Pilots need to understand that I stress multiple hits. The anti tank kit has a slow reload time so if your a pilot and are under attack from these then retreat to repair that would give troops that are being base rapped by a chopper the chance to seek cover.
Squads should have a purpose. It can be ground pounding or vehicle whoring. Three assault, a medic, and support are going to do better at taking flags then a squad of all the kits. Just as three anti-tank players in a squad can take down a tank better then a squad of one anti-tank. It would defeat the idea of a multipurpose squad, but those squads usually don't work well anyway.

The higher degree of skill or work something takes to use the better it should be. It's hard to bomb in jets and hard to fly a chopper well. If someone can do it they should be given an advantage. While I understand infantry shouldn't be completely exposed to air there are AA guns and .50 cal around the maps.

I can't think of a map where there isn't a position a heli or jet can't be locked on to when they are coming in for a bombing run or a kill. Almost every map has a AA or a .50 cal at a flag. The only flag I can currently think of that doesn't have 1 of the 2 is City Entrance on Sharqi. Most maps that are heavily airpowered have an AA at every flag.

I did go off on a tangent there about heli's sorry. Giving troops the chance to choose stinger would make pilots lives extremely hard. I used to be a big heli pilot because the points you could rack up were unmatched. Now, ground pounding is not only easier to get points with, but also much less stressful. That was all I ment.

Last edited by 7thEs_ChibiKrillin (2006-04-02 17:04:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard