+5,761|6151|what

You can't heel yourself.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
BL4CKL10N
+66|6280

AussieReaper wrote:

You can't heel yourself.
No.

I want the defibrillators to work slowlier and maybe less medic packs.
Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine

Acreta wrote:

why remove them from support? its one of the classes that needs them, if you remove them then only a few classes have them.

engy needs something better too imo
Not that I'm getting killed by spammers much, but they really ennoy. Espessially the teammate spammers.
northsider
+1|5633|Chicago
Medics are fine how they are, I have no problem with them.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645
No insta heals
No self heals
Shock paddle is 1 time use with a 10 second recharge
Same guns as AT class
Hakei
Banned
+295|5993
No changes, medic is a balanced class.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5595|Vacationland

Hakei wrote:

No changes, medic is a balanced class.
Sarcasm?
xxCaptainBlackxx
♥♦♣♠♥♦♣
+47|6642|internet
Leave the medic class alone and dont change anything.
i would say  that 3 years ago.

Remove medic class.
i would say that 1.5 years ago

I dont care.
I'm saying it now
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

BL4CKL10N wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

You can't heal yourself.
No.
No?

All I ever do when you play medic is:

whore the g36e and if you get wounded hide behind a building or whatever the fuck is available and throw down a medic bag to heal yourself.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6557|Hungary
1. Weaker G36E
2. No instant healing yourself with your med packs. Only slow healing up!
3. No nades for this class
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

venom6 wrote:

2. No instant healing yourself with your med packs. Only slow healing up!
That should be the case for everyone being healed.
Medication, painkillers and bandages just don't magically jump into your mouth or onto your wounds respectively.

It seems to me that this insta-healing (and insta-resupply) is a bug too.
Look at all other similar mechanisms:
--Engineer repairing assets or removing explosives.
--Supply crates.
--Airbases and helipads resupplying/repairing jets and helis.

All these take a certain amount of time, yet for footsoldiers healing and resupplying works instantly, as if the developers were frantically holding on to the mechanics of old jump-shoot-pick up FPS á la Quake or Unreal.
Everything else in the game is trimmed towards realism.
Granted, an arcade type of realism with some things being unrealistic due gameplay and fun considerations.

BF2 - "All out war on the modern battlefield plus magic health and ammo bags"
Longbow
All those who hate medics just fail at killing them. I say better buff assault - pre 1.2 GL and a few extra smoke grenades or mags would be fine. Medics werent a problem pre 1.2 because it was so easy to kill them with GL.
Ducksteina
Choleric groundpounder
+42|6543
Make medic an actual medic and not an assault with the option to heal himself. In other words, gimp the medic weapons!
Longbow
The same people who bitched about overpowered GL's and blackhawks now bitch about overpowered medics. Go on, ruin the game even more it was ruined before.

I want 1.12 back
Mr.E
HakLaw in the house
+103|6558
ffs people, you are all on this site because you play/played BF2 since early 2005 for gods sake, Everyone plays a different kit in public, and i'm guessing most of the guys who say they should take away instant revives and full healing are the guys who get killed by medics all the time. Its not as if its an exploit, the different kits is one of the  main reasons people played BF2 for so long, you cant just change the whole flow of the bf game back to fucking 1942 where you have to wait for it too fill up, thats just ridiculous and anyone saying this really shouldnt be. We should be moving forward with a new game, not backwards.

Its always the same people who bitch about these things, you did it with prone spamming, dolphin diving, blackhawk, noobtubing and even jumping and shooting, you dicks made BF2 less and less enjoyable so why do you want to do it with a new game also?

BF2 was never meant to be realistic.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

Mr.E wrote:

ffs people, you are all on this site because you play/played BF2 since early 2005 for gods sake, Everyone plays a different kit in public, and i'm guessing most of the guys who say they should take away instant revives and full healing are the guys who get killed by medics all the time. Its not as if its an exploit, the different kits is one of the  main reasons people played BF2 for so long, you cant just change the whole flow of the bf game back to fucking 1942 where you have to wait for it too fill up, thats just ridiculous and anyone saying this really shouldnt be. We should be moving forward with a new game, not backwards.

Its always the same people who bitch about these things, you did it with prone spamming, dolphin diving, blackhawk, noobtubing and even jumping and shooting, you dicks made BF2 less and less enjoyable so why do you want to do it with a new game also?

BF2 was never meant to be realistic.
1942>BF2 in terms of kit balance. And vehicles for that matter.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5866|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
If BF2 wasnt meant to be realistic, why are all the guns real, all the vehicles real, the maps are real theres bullet drop, deviation commanders etc it obviously wasnt designed to be an arcade game
I think the medic kit should be changed, not because I get killed a lot by medics, but because I never play medic because its overpowered, it makes me feel like a complete noob when I'm a medic, they havent got anything bad about them, like people said they have by far the best guns, can revive teammates, heal themselves and team mates (while getting loads of points) they get grenades and a pistol as well, at least if they took grenades completely away, r made it so that when you pick up a medick pack it heals slowly it would make it a bit more fair.
If they did that, medic would take some work to use, rather than effortlessly killing enemies with stupidly accurate guns and effortlessly healing and reviving racking up loads of points, you might have to be careful, and more people would play different kits so instead of on karkand its 90% medics runing around, it would be different kits, kits actually designed to be used for combat, it would make the game much better I think
i hate the way that medics get L85- basically a sniper rifle with 30 rounds, M16 stupidly accurate, AK101 stupidly accurate and powerful, g36e most accurate thing in game, when theyre meant to be medics, thats why Ive always said that assault should get the good guns, seeing as theyre assault and primarily meant for combat, if medics had F2000 it would make it so much better, that way they could get points for healing etc and assault could get more points for killing

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-05-25 09:49:24)

Longbow

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

If BF2 wasnt meant to be realistic, why are all the guns real, all the vehicles real, the maps are real theres bullet drop, deviation commanders etc it obviously wasnt designed to be an arcade game
I think the medic kit should be changed, not because I get killed a lot by medics, but because I never play medic because its overpowered, it makes me feel like a complete noob when I'm a medic, they havent got anything bad about them, like people said they have by far the best guns, can revive teammates, heal themselves and team mates (while getting loads of points) they get grenades and a pistol as well, at least if they took grenades completely away, r made it so that when you pick up a medick pack it heals slowly it would make it a bit more fair.
If they did that, medic would take some work to use, rather than effortlessly killing enemies with stupidly accurate guns and effortlessly healing and reviving racking up loads of points, you might have to be careful, and more people would play different kits so instead of on karkand its 90% medics runing around, it would be different kits, kits actually designed to be used for combat, it would make the game much better I think
i hate the way that medics get L85- basically a sniper rifle with 30 rounds, M16 stupidly accurate, AK101 stupidly accurate and powerful, g36e most accurate thing in game, when theyre meant to be medics, thats why Ive always said that assault should get the good guns, seeing as theyre assault and primarily meant for combat, if medics had F2000 it would make it so much better, that way they could get points for healing etc and assault could get more points for killing
I bet if medics had SMG instead of AR you would cry that they should remove it and give them only a pistol with one mag.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5982|Perth, Australia

Longbow wrote:

I bet if medics had SMG instead of AR you would cry that they should remove it and give them only a pistol with one mag.
I would laugh my ass off if that ever came in. The smg's in the game are god awful and any medic that can dominate with one of those is either a god or hacks. Blind freddy with no hands can take down someone using an smg in bf2 1v1, so i think it would be fantastic to see.
SquadBuster
+9|5756|uk
keep it as is but they get no score for revives
and a revive takes five seconds
Wallpaper
+303|5992|The pool

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

Obvious sniper is obvious.

Since when is the L85 reliable when it comes to accuracy? That thing is like a fucking civil war rifle except for the occasional shot that ACTUALLY goes where you point it. The gun is completely worthless after 2 shots unless you are 5 feet away from what you are shooting at. It takes a lot of use (or crouch spamming, which no one does) to be effective with it. M16 is not stupidly accurate either... Its good, but not that good, same with the AK. That said, medic does need to be toned down some, and an SMG might be good aside from the fact that people would bitch about that too

I also dont know where the hell youve been playing karkand, but most of the time I play it its ~40% medics, ~30% snipers and ~30% everything else.

Last edited by Wallpaper (2009-05-25 13:10:09)

H3RB4L ABU53
I know the M16 and AK arent 100% accurate but they are very accurate compard to most guns, the L85 can be used as a sort of sniper rifle lol I was playing karkand with the SVD and ran out of ammo so picked up someones L85 and sat on the square roof getting headshots like it was an SVD, actually I got more because of the 30 rounds, as long as you dont rapidly left click its like a semi auto sniper rifle

If medics had SMG it would make it more fair, none of this is about me crying, fair enough I only play sniper and I suppose most of the people arguing against me play medic 100% of the time obviously they dont like me saying how noob it is, I was just saying about how accurate the guns are because on top of everything else the medic has thats the icing on the cake, there is no real need to use any other kit in an I/O game apart from medic, which shouldnt be right
I like playing sniper because of the skill it takes, thats the main thing that makes me like it, and playing as sniper is why I find medics annoying, doesnt matter how well you play as a sniper or how many headshots you get, everyone just revives instantly and lays on bed of medic packs and their guns are almost just as accurate as a sniper rifle especially the AK and L85 with 1 headshot kill, the thing that anoys me most is that sometimes medics will end up with the best k/d in the round, even though they died like 100 times it makes them look skilled when theyre not

If medics healed people slowly with medic packs, and had SMG's and no grenades it would be more fair skill/points wise because medics would have to take a lot more risk to heal and revive people as they wouldnt be able to rely on the best guns for defence, and at the end of the round I reckon the points between all kits would be quite even, so I think the game would be better as people could play as assault, spec ops or support with a good chance of getting a high place at the end of the round rather than the top 10 or more places being dominated by medics
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6645

Longbow wrote:

The same people who bitched about overpowered GL's and blackhawks now bitch about overpowered medics. Go on, ruin the game even more it was ruined before.

I want 1.12 back
I think my arguement has always been that things that have too much of a boom ruin the shooter aspect of the game. I hated GL pre 1.2 because everyone used it and the huge blast radius required little aiming.
Longbow

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I know the M16 and AK arent 100% accurate but they are very accurate compard to most guns, the L85 can be used as a sort of sniper rifle lol I was playing karkand with the SVD and ran out of ammo so picked up someones L85 and sat on the square roof getting headshots like it was an SVD, actually I got more because of the 30 rounds, as long as you dont rapidly left click its like a semi auto sniper rifle

If medics had SMG it would make it more fair, none of this is about me crying, fair enough I only play sniper and I suppose most of the people arguing against me play medic 100% of the time obviously they dont like me saying how noob it is, I was just saying about how accurate the guns are because on top of everything else the medic has thats the icing on the cake, there is no real need to use any other kit in an I/O game apart from medic, which shouldnt be right
I like playing sniper because of the skill it takes, thats the main thing that makes me like it, and playing as sniper is why I find medics annoying, doesnt matter how well you play as a sniper or how many headshots you get, everyone just revives instantly and lays on bed of medic packs and their guns are almost just as accurate as a sniper rifle especially the AK and L85 with 1 headshot kill, the thing that anoys me most is that sometimes medics will end up with the best k/d in the round, even though they died like 100 times it makes them look skilled when theyre not

If medics healed people slowly with medic packs, and had SMG's and no grenades it would be more fair skill/points wise because medics would have to take a lot more risk to heal and revive people as they wouldnt be able to rely on the best guns for defence, and at the end of the round I reckon the points between all kits would be quite even, so I think the game would be better as people could play as assault, spec ops or support with a good chance of getting a high place at the end of the round rather than the top 10 or more places being dominated by medics
It's quite obvious that every sniper hates medics and want them removed or nerfed. You are not an exeption.
H3RB4L ABU53
In most games, i will kill the top medic in the game a lot of times, fair enough I get the kills, but he finishes the round with 0 deaths, yet he died lots and everyone prob thinks hes a legend
Its annoying because its almost comparable to TF2 if someones standing next to a supply box and shooting out at people, your almost invincible, you end up with a lot of kills and hardly any deaths, and next to no skill is involved compared to the amount of skill other players put in and end up with a few kills and lots of deaths

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard