Ravlen
+0|6789
Last night I was playing FuShe Pass 64, as Chinese. I spawned at the NW base, and hopped into an APC (WZ551). Just as I jumped in, a USMC whipped down in a jeep and hopped into the AA Tank (Type 95) there and started driving off (he didn't see me). I shot one rocket into his side, then pounded him with the gun... Surprisingly to me, I overheated the gun and he never blew up, didn't even show smoke. Fine fine, he was concentrating on infantry on the other side of him (not paying attention to me). I shot another into his side... STill nothing. Let the gun cool off (while rocket reloaded) and pounded him again to overheating, still nothing, no smoke. He drove off, still not looking at me.... I pulled up behind him as he started driving up the hill, shot another rocket into his back from about 30 feet away, kept shooting the gun (this time keeping it from overheating and just keeping a constant barrage). Shot a 4th rocket, still nothing... Finally as we neared the top of the hill, a friendly tank was coming down and blew him away.

So... 4 APC Rockets + a good 50'ish shots from the cannon, and no damage (I'm assuming).

So, is this a bug causing an invulnerable AA? Or is it a bug causing an impotent APC? I didn't think to hop out and back in to see if it was my APC...

Ravlen
McGruff
+0|6787
hrmm werid. Never head of that one. Possible lag?
Ravlen
+0|6789
Well, I can never rule out lag... but it was the only oddity I saw that game. I don't honestly know what my ping was like, but if it was bad I'm sure I would have seen other people twitching about due to the lag. I also made sure that the last two rockets (on the hill) were in a straight line. I was directly behind him, and shooting perfectly straight at him, and he was moving in the exact same direction as the rocket (I was shooting him in the back).

Thinking about it now, it must have been on my side. The tank had no trouble blowing him up... Hrm...

I'll just toss it in the back with all the other strange bugs. The Red name bug has come back with a vengeance now... Pretty much every 2 games I see at least one teammate with a red name (and 80% of the time I kill him). Another time I had an enemy, with a red name, kill me, and it popped up that he had TK'ed me... I'm *positive* he was on the other team, verified by the scoreboard. I never got prompted to punish though...

Ravlen
[19th]Corps Conner
+0|6804
I'm not sure but it looks to me like you were the victim of a hack.  There are tons of cheats/hacks out there that Punk Buster does not catch.  Just the other night 3 pubs on our server were bragging about the hacks they use.  One even said he was using 4 at one time.  IMO these cheats have gotten out of control and something has to be done.
Ravlen
+0|6789
Well, it always could have been a hack, I can't rule that out either. But the tank blew him to kingdom with one tank round and the machine gun, so his hack wasn't that great. I don't think he had a strange score either...

Ravlen
thinner44
+1|6819
Ravlen, were you really there, it's the scary season (Hallowe'en)
thinner44
+1|6819

[19th]Corps Conner wrote:

I'm not sure but it looks to me like you were the victim of a hack.  There are tons of cheats/hacks out there that Punk Buster does not catch.  Just the other night 3 pubs on our server were bragging about the hacks they use.  One even said he was using 4 at one time.  IMO these cheats have gotten out of control and something has to be done.
I read on another forum that PB will only bar you for 2 mins if they've found a cheater/hacker. So perhaps that's the reason there's so much going on. Personally (and I've said it before), if you can't play fair and to the rules of the game.... STOP, you're spoiling it for everyone else ... or better still, stick to the non ranked servers where everyone can cheat and hack to hell (I think).
MattD
+0|6831
I think its a lag factor on the server as this has happened to me a whole bunch most notably after the 1.03 release, shells from tanks go through other tanks...and walls. Yes folks i was shooting shots through the walls with the tank of almost every building on Karkand.

But yeah its not a hack or anything just a dumb glitch i have been hit with AT rockets that dont do any damage just a glitch
wfrog
+1|6801
I have seen this too many times to count.. either its a hack or by some strange luck of bugs.. times where I am gunner of that bad ass gun on the mec chopper overheating on APCs and Tanks not destroying them yet when the roles are reversed they can shot me 3 times with the same gun and I blow up.. go figure
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6794|Perth, Western Australia
Odd, cos ive never had that red name bug before.
BudRell
+2|6846|Home

Ravlen wrote:

Last night I was playing FuShe Pass 64, as Chinese. I spawned at the NW base, and hopped into an APC (WZ551). Just as I jumped in, a USMC whipped down in a jeep and hopped into the AA Tank (Type 95) there and started driving off (he didn't see me). I shot one rocket into his side, then pounded him with the gun... Surprisingly to me, I overheated the gun and he never blew up, didn't even show smoke. Fine fine, he was concentrating on infantry on the other side of him (not paying attention to me). I shot another into his side... STill nothing. Let the gun cool off (while rocket reloaded) and pounded him again to overheating, still nothing, no smoke. He drove off, still not looking at me.... I pulled up behind him as he started driving up the hill, shot another rocket into his back from about 30 feet away, kept shooting the gun (this time keeping it from overheating and just keeping a constant barrage). Shot a 4th rocket, still nothing... Finally as we neared the top of the hill, a friendly tank was coming down and blew him away.

So... 4 APC Rockets + a good 50'ish shots from the cannon, and no damage (I'm assuming).

So, is this a bug causing an invulnerable AA? Or is it a bug causing an impotent APC? I didn't think to hop out and back in to see if it was my APC...

Ravlen
Well, I wrote in other topic here from the same thing.
I was commander and I found this enemy commander at their base (in armoured car..) at the beginning of the game.  He wasn't moving AT ALL.
So I started to arty EXACTLY the spot where he was. And I was hitting that spot because all other objects were atomized from that location.
Normally if you send arty to vehicle (even if there are engineer inside..), it will blow up after two strikes for sure.
This time it didn't.
Not after the second or third or fourth either. All this time the vehicle, with commander inside it, was standing at the same spot...no-one came out, no engineer repaired it. No damage !
I blew that vehicle AFTER the commander moved it a little and jumped out from it !

Hard composite armour on that car...

or was it something else.

btw. the commander was NOT an engineer...

Last edited by BudRell (2005-10-12 01:31:08)

dracul
+2|6817
Was it a long distance shot?

Frequently when this happens to me I will move closer and realize that I had actually been pounding a ridge between me and the target that had ben Level-of-Detailed out.

I have had several frustrating sniper-encounters like this too. That's why as a sniper I try to get elevation on my target whenever possible, even though that means the target is foreshortened and sometimes adds a need for deflection.
BudRell
+2|6846|Home
There was another car "door-to-door" that blew up with the 1st strike. It was flat ground and I know that I hit the spot. Several times..
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6842

BudRell wrote:

Ravlen wrote:

Ravlen
Well, I wrote in other topic here from the same thing.
I was commander and I found this enemy commander at their base (in armoured car..) at the beginning of the game.  He wasn't moving AT ALL.
So I started to arty EXACTLY the spot where he was. And I was hitting that spot because all other objects were atomized from that location.
Normally if you send arty to vehicle (even if there are engineer inside..), it will blow up after two strikes for sure.
This time it didn't.
Not after the second or third or fourth either. All this time the vehicle, with commander inside it, was standing at the same spot...no-one came out, no engineer repaired it. No damage !
I blew that vehicle AFTER the commander moved it a little and jumped out from it !

Hard composite armour on that car...

or was it something else.

btw. the commander was NOT an engineer...
Having an Engineer inside the vehicle does not help anything. it doesn't repair while inside

There IS bugs that make things invulnerable. I was sitting in an APC guarding a flag and my buddy was in a tank about 100 meters from me.. in comes a bomber.. bombs my buddy. my buddies' tank flies up into the air about 150 feet and then he jumps out while the tank is flipping about in the air. he parachutes down unharmed. tank comes down and hits the ground and blows up. some of the WEIRDEST crap I've ever seen. Of course ihm and I were in TS laughing our butts off.
Ravlen
+0|6789

dracul wrote:

Was it a long distance shot?

Frequently when this happens to me I will move closer and realize that I had actually been pounding a ridge between me and the target that had ben Level-of-Detailed out.

I have had several frustrating sniper-encounters like this too. That's why as a sniper I try to get elevation on my target whenever possible, even though that means the target is foreshortened and sometimes adds a need for deflection.
Nope, as I said in the first post, I was no more than 30 feet away from him, in a perfectly straight line.

Ravlen

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard