Blitz.vets
+0|6655
Hi recently since downloading the new patch/perchasing euro forces i have realised that (quite oftern now) I will be playing with an average ping of 10-30, but all of a sudden my ping will shoot up to 1000+. When spawning requently appears with connection problems,... I'm wondering is this a known issue? With the patch or a problem with my game, or a problem with my ISP?
midgetspy
+3|6836
It's a problem with the patch, a bunch of my friends and I all get the same problem since the patch.

Nic
Skinnister
+43|6733|UK
me too, i used to enjoy glitch/lag free play untill the new patch
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6653
yeah its the patch had similar problem
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6758
you guys talking about patch 1.22 or 1.21 ?

i have just installed patch 1.22 and am now getting a bad ping.

usually on the european and UK servers, it is about 22, but now it is 150+

any help?
MajorHoulahan_MASH
+31|6730
I have the "you lost the connection" message now - every round, every server-  since installing the v1.22 patch.
This happened also after the 1.20 patch , but went away after a few days.
Dont know if it has something to do with all the servers updating at the moment, or with these patches themselves ?
I wish EA would stop  this  endless patching....
dan500
+57|6855
Getting all of the above probelms   

Specs;
AMD 4000+ CPU
2 GB Ram
7800GTX (84.25 forceware)
Tried re-installing and used full-1.22 patch, still problems

Last edited by dan500 (2006-03-29 11:42:37)

Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion
+10|6666|Sydney, Australia
ouch - yeah im getting this. Normally getting 30-50 on internode, gamearena and xtra servers. tried them all out and had 200+ ping every time i moved.
I even bumped down all my graphics to low, but still lagged, and my internet is still fast.
Conclusion:
1. Servers are getting used to the new patch!?
or 2. Patch sucks ass
Pyrri
+7|6631
Used to be around 50, now at least 150...
Hopefully it's just the ISP, not the patch.
MooseRyder
+37|6663|Montréal, Canada
lol everytime a round is about to end, i have that shit coming up "you lost the connection" but i dont lose it, then the round ends as usual. Look like a new glitch to me.
Wasder
Resident Emo Hater
+139|6683|Moscow, Russia
Got my ping about +20 now. Knowing my usual is around 100 it sucks. Maybe it's because of the "improved" server stability? Don't know what does that have to do with it though.
Chaos81
+5|6696
My ping actually went back down to what it was before 1.21 with 1.22. It jumped up about 50 with 1.21, and now it's back down into the 30-40 range.
Murphy <s18>
+8|6660|51st State
Well i didnt notice anything untill last night, my whole bf2 career has been lag free until i was happily flyin my j 10 then ended up 500 metres away in a cliff from a ping of 20 to 721 in a blink of an eye
rawls
Banned
+11|6823|California, USA
Worse is when your stalking an enemy, got them in your sights, and then   L ------- A -------G.

Next thing you know, dead.
dubbs
+105|6640|Lexington, KY
I do not know if it has to do with the patch, because I did not have it installed at the time, but I experienced a lot of lag yesterday.  It was to the point that I spawned, and before I moved I was already dead.  I also noticed that my ping was not contant.  I would ping about 40, then pin 190 the next second, and slowly lower to around 40 again.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6758
I contacted EA about this issue and they say it might be down to an out of date punkbuster and that i should update to the latest version at this web page http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php

i am going to try it later on, but if anyone wants to give it a go and post back here with the results.
Hugh_Jasss
Death is my Dominion
+10|6666|Sydney, Australia
seems to be fairly normal now.... although its a BIT higher than before (at 50-70 as opposed to 10-40), its fine.

@MooseRyder
I've had that since the beginning - doesnt bother me at all
mporlier
+42|6648|Montreal, Canada
Same here I have never encountered so many lag/ping/lost connection issues before!!!!!
cmotdibbler
+19|6674|The pork thing inna bun stall.
@thedude5b the link you posted is no longer available. use this one instead
http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

I was getting a ping of around 47-63 on most EA UK BF2 Official servers ( on server screen ). Updated Punkbuster via the link above and it showed the same ping times. Went onto an empty 64 server and then 32 server and got ingame pings reported as 20.

Punkbuster however did get updated.

Since then have had one cannot connect to server on joining it but it did connect on the second attempt. No more problems since ( fingers crossed ).
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6758

cmotdibbler wrote:

@thedude5b the link you posted is no longer available. use this one instead
http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

I was getting a ping of around 47-63 on most EA UK BF2 Official servers ( on server screen ). Updated Punkbuster via the link above and it showed the same ping times. Went onto an empty 64 server and then 32 server and got ingame pings reported as 20.

Punkbuster however did get updated.

Since then have had one cannot connect to server on joining it but it did connect on the second attempt. No more problems since ( fingers crossed ).
trust EA support to give me the wrong link eh!!

Edit: tried downloading the latest punkbuster updates but still experiencing high pings.

uninstalled the game, then re-installed it. this time i applied the full patch, but still high pings. then tried updating punkbuster again, but still high pings.

dont know what now. cant play the game with patch 1.22, so going to have to revert back to 1.21 for now untill EA can suggest something.

Last edited by theDude5B (2006-03-30 07:45:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard