Poll

How many of you have gotten fines and where do you live?

Fines US28%28% - 17
Fines Outside US15%15% - 9
No Fines US10%10% - 6
No Fines outside US33%33% - 20
Jail time US6%6% - 4
Jail time outside US5%5% - 3
Total: 59
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

Stingray24 wrote:

Fine for parking in my own driveway ... silly city ordinance that I was not aware of.  The patrolman must have been incredibly bored that day.
IGNORANCEOFTHELAWISNOEXCUSECITIZEN!!1

The US here is full of petty fines sent to you impersonally on snidely-worded notices. We can expect more of them to crop up as Big Brother feels the economic pinch.

I'm waiting for a Boy Scout to be fined for walking a granny across the street...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-05-20 23:59:43)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6684|Disaster Free Zone

Spark wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Fine for parking in my own driveway ... silly city ordinance that I was not aware of.  The patrolman must have been incredibly bored that day.
?????????

What kind of dumbass rule is that?!
The same one that is applicable to Australia (yet very rarely enforced).
http://www.inmycommunity.com.au/news-an … y/7518776/
ANYONE who parks on a footpath within the City of Joondalup can expect no mercy from parking inspectors - even if the footpath in question is part of your own driveway.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

m3thod wrote:

urgh goody 2 shoes.  Have a beer and piss on the pavement ffs.
There's a difference between getting caught and not.
Also having a clean record is very useful.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6584|SE London

Couple of silly parking tickets.
Rosse_modest
+76|6779|Antwerp, Flanders
I'm still waiting for my first ticket. I try to obey pretty much every traffic law there is, except sticking to the speed limits. I prefer to call those fines  "random additional road taxes" in most cases.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

Rosse_modest wrote:

I prefer to call those fines  "random additional road taxes" in most cases.
I prefer to call them "Voluntary Idiot Taxes".
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6698|NJ

lowing wrote:

m3thod wrote:

lowing wrote:

got tickets, paid tickets, no problems and surprise surprise, I have never been beaten up by the police
have a cookie you fine upstanding citizen of the world you.
Nope, just shows how easy it is to stay out of jail and/or get your ass whipped by police when you don't have one coming.
Yeah cause when you don't know you had a parking ticket(that was for 8 dollars), and was homeless(living on my friends couch) it's easy to miss said bills.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6624|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

All kinds of fines in the US.  Last one was a $150 ticket for a girl in my passenger seat not wearing her seatbelt.  The fine was given to me, not my passenger

I've easily paid over $2000 to the courts in the last 10 years.  Plus I got sent to jail for 10 days for trespassing.  I ran on the field after the Angels beat the Yankees to win their first playoff series ever (2002).  I slid headfirst into second base, got arrested and put in a paddy wagon, then did not pass go and went directly to jail.  Apparently when you are on probation you cannot commit any other crimes
Surely there is a video of that, Kennings

Oddly enough I've never actually been fined I don't think, lots of close calls but nothing proper
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6769|UK
1 legit parking ticket for 66 quid
1 parking ticket even though I had a visitors permit for 66 quid
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6590|sWEEDen
What I can tell from this is that many people are bad drivers or parkers?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6635|949

Mekstizzle wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

All kinds of fines in the US.  Last one was a $150 ticket for a girl in my passenger seat not wearing her seatbelt.  The fine was given to me, not my passenger

I've easily paid over $2000 to the courts in the last 10 years.  Plus I got sent to jail for 10 days for trespassing.  I ran on the field after the Angels beat the Yankees to win their first playoff series ever (2002).  I slid headfirst into second base, got arrested and put in a paddy wagon, then did not pass go and went directly to jail.  Apparently when you are on probation you cannot commit any other crimes
Surely there is a video of that, Kennings

Oddly enough I've never actually been fined I don't think, lots of close calls but nothing proper
I've seen myself on a playback once - they were reminiscing about that game (and series) and as they showed a clip of the winning catch you could see little KEN-JENNINGS running from the outfield towards second base.  I told all my friends that I probably was going to do it and I got a few voicemails from them asking if the little blue blob was me
ghettoperson
+1,943|6652

I feel a bit left out here, I clearly need to get arrested so that I can hold my head high with my fellow BF2sers.
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6590|sWEEDen
Yeah , catch up damn it. hehe
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6649

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

What I can tell from this is that many people are bad drivers or parkers?
Most laws on parking are criminal tbh.

No fines for me. I know the secret on how to not get caught.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6657

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Not drive? Not own a car? Please do tell
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6649

mtb0minime wrote:

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

Not drive? Not own a car? Please do tell
Well, I got caught going the wrong way down a one way this last year. As soon as I got to the intersection I realized I was going the wrong way, but there was also a cop at the intersection. I pulled over into the first drive I could, he got out and talked to me. I explained that it was an accident. He understood that and let me off. Didn't even ask for my license.

I'll never tell my secret though.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6652

You give a mean bj?
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6133|Carnoustie MASSIF
Took a piss behind a shop, got caught. £60

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard