Poll

Reinstate Michael Vick?

Yes42%42% - 18
No57%57% - 24
Total: 42
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Michael Vick will be released from federal prison camp in Leavenworth, Kan., to serve out the rest of his sentence in home confinement on May 20, Herb Hoelter, a member of Vick's defense team, and another source with knowledge of the sentencing told ESPN.

Vick will serve out his home confinement period in a five-bedroom home he owns in Hampton, Va., where he will live with his fiancée and two of his children. He will also work 40 hours a week at a local construction company, making $10 an hour.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4111238
Old news I know but here is the question, should Michael Vick be allowed to play in the NFL again? For those who don't know Vick was that fellow who ran the dog fighting ring and ended up drowning dogs. I vote yes, they're just fucking dogs he should have never went to prison to begin with.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Should he be able to? No. Will be he able to? Sadly, yes.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5455|Bolingbrook, Illinois
I think he should.  I mean, animal abuse isn't cool and all, but I don't think it warrants him not being able to play.  Not to mention, he was entertaining.
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6150|Wisconsin
No but he will anyway..
pilebomb
+8|6090
If Ray Lewis was allowed to play in the NFL after stabbing some people Mike Vick better get the chance. He's gonna make a hell of a wildcat quarterback.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6519|San Diego, CA, USA
He served his time and paid his debt to society.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5903|CA
He should be allowed to play.  He has (almost) served his sentence, thus paid his debt to society.   He is one sick bastard, and I would love to see the man get skull fucked, but he should be allowed to return the NFL.  It's not like the league sets any kind of standard for morality, anyhow.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439
If he's still good at football then why not?
SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6595
He has served his time.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6630|BC, Canada
Its a job, really should have nothing to do with serving prison time.
He is one hell of a douchebag though and should have a pack of dogs hunting him...
The only thing that would be able to keep him out is bad press for a team that hires him, but I don't think thats gonna happen.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5965|Truthistan
Yes, reinstate the guy. The only problem with reinstating him will be that you will now have another celebrity with a cause.
Anyway, pit bulls suck, they're just a fashion statement for rapper gangsta wannabes.

Pit bulls = Paris Hilton purse dog
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

not letting him play would be drama for the sake of drama
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6707|Salt Lake City

I say no.  Fuck Vick.  Use him to make an example of what will happen if you wanna act like a gangster.  The only problem is would the NFL follow through on these evictions from the NFL?  He went to college, so one would guess that he has a degree in something.  Make the prick put it to use.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6273
Nah, He got replaced with another quarterback that is better than him.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

I doubt his team will want him back due to all the shitty publicity he'll bring to whatever team has him. Paying your debt to society is one thing, being a complete twat and ruining your career is something else entirely.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6611|Your moms bedroom
Free Michael Vick
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA
Nope, Vick is a felon, and does not deserve the position of roll model to young kids. A once in a life time opportunity to play professional sports should remain that once in a life time. He blew it. Enjoy roofing instead.

I will also add, I recognize Vick has not done anything as bad as other felons that were re-instated. IMO, no felons should be re-instated.

Last edited by lowing (2009-05-21 10:19:31)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

NFL is a bussiness, lowing, since when did bussiness owe anything to anyone else by providing role models?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Macbeth wrote:

NFL is a bussiness, lowing, since when did bussiness owe anything to anyone else by providing role models?
Actually the business is the player. He has a team of people publicizing his business. The NFL only contracts the player services.

Which why other companies hire the players business to endorse their products and not the NFL.

Athletes = celebrities. roll models is part of that business. The price to pay for millions.

Last edited by lowing (2009-05-21 10:30:34)

Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5965|Truthistan
Role Models

QFT
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

So even though he has a skill which he can use to create wealth for himself and many others because he killed some dogs he should have to work menial labor forever since some people fail at teaching their kids right and wrong?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Macbeth wrote:

So even though he has a skill which he can use to create wealth for himself and many others because he killed some dogs he should have to work menial labor forever since some people fail at teaching their kids right and wrong?
Well, since you didn't disagree with my post, and ya changed direction, I can only assume you agree with me, regarding what the business is.

Now, for your next argument, all I offer is personal opinion, there is no right or wrong to it. He had his chance, he blew it( stupidly) and does not deserve better than roofing a house.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

I'm in complete agreement with Lowing here, (I may have to lie down.) He was in a profession where he got paid millions for playing with a ball. That kind of thing is once in a lifetime and if you blow it you blow it. Not only that but his profession relied on him being a role model. Someone who is a convicted felon for torturing and killing animals is no-one's role model.

People make mistakes of course. You often get players of various sports convicted of assault after getting drunk or whatever, they are punished accordingly by their franchises. This kind of conviction is fogivable, some things just happen and they happen to all of us. However being involved in a dog-fighting ring and torturing and killing dogs isn't one of those "spur of the moment" regrettable things, it's actively being a complete twat.

Should that mean he can no longer play a game and earn millions? Fuck yes. The thing is if he's not doing it someone else will. No-one looses out aside from Michael Vick and well, the bastard fucking deserves it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5672|College Park, MD
Agreed with lowing and Ty.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6616

Poseidon wrote:

Should he be able to? No. Will be he able to? Sadly, yes.
I agree

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard