Poll

Should EA include female player models.

Yes69%69% - 181
No30%30% - 78
Total: 259
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.
I think that females are very underrepresented in war games, apart from Rainbow Six of course, however when I brought Battlefield 2, I was happy they included black player skins, but that was obvious, however I was disapointed there were no female player models, not even the nedic, lol cliche, but still. Please voice your opinions. If I get a good result, I will make a Petition, that is, of course this thread aint hijacked by ten year olds.

EDITZOR: Sorry, I did mean Dice, not EA, my bad.

Last edited by Citizen One (2006-03-30 03:38:30)

Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6757|Bulgaria
Yes, sure - but NAKED!!1
we need more naked female models!!!!! EA do something!!11 omg
oberst_enzian
+234|6713|melb.au
there's your first ten year old for you, full of nervous anxiety.

this came up awhile ago, and i made this point as well. however, if you take the incredibly lame violence of the game, and combine it with the all-male cast, you get the idea that game is pretty muched pitched at ten year olds, but has enough merits, thankfully, to have caprtured a much broader audience.

Last edited by oberst_enzian (2006-03-30 03:43:52)

NoS
karma padder
+13|6597|UK
just imagine the hords of adolescent teens gathering around their dead bodys tea baging them...
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6714|Malaga, EspaƱa
Nah, War is for Boys with toys.

but i'll bet your a guy like this one http://www.break.com/movies/wowjerkoff.html
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

oberst_enzian wrote:

there's your first ten year old for you, full of nervous anxiety.

this came up awhile ago, and i made this point as well. however, if you take the incredibly lame violence of the game, and combine it with the all-male cast, you get the idea that game is pretty muched pitched at ten year olds, but has enough merits, thankfully, to have caprtured a much broader audience.
Lol, says all that needs to be said.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Nikola Bathory
Karkand T-90 0wnage
+163|6757|Bulgaria
Hey, man, I was joking.
and actually I'm 24 years old.
I was joking, 'cause I am against the idea. I would support only naked female models, lol

War is a serious thing and should be left to men. Women should stay at home    (and get killed by bombs dropped on the cities, as it usually is the case - WWII etc. )
Kontrolfreq
+50|6575|Cambridge UK

Nikola Bathory wrote:

War is a serious thing and should be left to men.
Oh please....
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

I think it's great that girls play BF2 and I know that the BF2 world dosn't really allow for girls to be included, upsetting, but none the less. I know it's all equal opportunity stuff, especially when feminists are saying "I wanna die for my country too!"

That being said, I'm not for female skins/models, (that can be used in a better context too, ) call me old fasioned, but I'm not one for shooting at women, even computer generated women. It would distract me, and would probably bring my playing style down. Also, there would still be no women on the MEC team, (probably the PLA team too,) and how would you define which charecter is a woman? The only way I can think of is that in signing up your account, you put your, (preferred,) gender in and whatever class you pick you will have a female skin.

Still, I don't think it would work.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6727|Hell, p.o box 666

Tyferra wrote:

I think it's great that girls play BF2 and I know that the BF2 world dosn't really allow for girls to be included, upsetting, but none the less. I know it's all equal opportunity stuff, especially when feminists are saying "I wanna die for my country too!"

That being said, I'm not for female skins/models, (that can be used in a better context too, ) call me old fasioned, but I'm not one for shooting at women, even computer generated women. It would distract me, and would probably bring my playing style down. Also, there would still be no women on the MEC team, (probably the PLA team too,) and how would you define which charecter is a woman? The only way I can think of is that in signing up your account, you put your, (preferred,) gender in and whatever class you pick you will have a female skin.

thumps up, me agree
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

Nah, War is for Boys with toys.

but i'll bet your a guy like this one http://www.break.com/movies/wowjerkoff.html
I aint a boy, but that was halirious

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Hey, man, I was joking.
and actually I'm 24 years old.
I was joking, 'cause I am against the idea. I would support only naked female models, lol

War is a serious thing and should be left to men. Women should stay at home    (and get killed by bombs dropped on the cities, as it usually is the case - WWII etc. )
You'r an iddiot, that aint funny...

Tyferra wrote:

Sigh, click this link, every country has women fighting for them, in war, you have to kill a lady as much as you have to kill a man. It aint just a European/American thing.

http://forum.anothersite.co.uk/showthread.php?t=37781

Last edited by Citizen One (2006-03-30 04:07:08)

PunkX
stoned
+198|6594|Canada
Sniper should be a chick.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

LOSER|Tearsofromance wrote:

Vote yes then, why sniper lol?
PunkX
stoned
+198|6594|Canada

Citizen One wrote:

LOSER|Tearsofromance wrote:

Vote yes then, why sniper lol?
Ever played other FPS games? alotof the times the chick gets stuck with the sniper. Conflict (the forth) for example.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.
https://hkpro.com/action8msg90korfemale.jpg
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6739|Human Meat Shield
What weapon is that? Sorry not a military person.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

imdead wrote:

What weapon is that? Sorry not a military person.
MSG90 I think.
imdead
Death StatPadder
Was it loud as hell?  anyway I think yes, they should have women skins -- for the women, but as far as killing --its just a pixel and you have some turds not knowing who to shot anyway with the red bug, they say look at uniforms and such... make the chicks look like tombraider and I'll be staring away..like how does she get shorts and I dont'..
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6709|The Hague, Netherlands

Women Soldiers with cup DD would be great, but i think most soldiers wouldnt get to the fighting then
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6665|Howell, Mi USA

Nikola Bathory wrote:

Yes, sure - but NAKED!!1
we need more naked female models!!!!! EA do something!!11 omg
Gee, didn't see that coming

Last edited by Cbass (2006-03-30 06:53:34)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
imdead
Death StatPadder
haha! They should have a 'Throw Down Weapon and Surrender' button in that case! Be like Anime or TombRaider skin, The new weapon would be 'X-ray Vision' that you'd have to fight your way to the Square to get.
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6623
Well, I think the problem is that the U.S. military has an "official" stance of "no women in ground combat" -- at least for now.  (Yes, yes, there is an ongoing debate about that, but it is against policy).  While there are women who are officially in combat support roles and in combat air crews, and of course the instances when support personnel are placed in combat situations (i.e. Jessica Lynch), the U.S. military doesn't put women out as ground-pounders.  In fact, just last year the House Armed Services Committee's the Military Personnel Subcommittee "approved an extremely broad provision barring women from serving, not just as combatants (still technically illegal) but in any company-size unit supporting combat battalions and their subordinate companies." (Source - Seattle Post Intelligencer)  So having women as U.S.M.C. ground combatants wouldn't reflect reality.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6619|South Korea.

Mr.CobraKai wrote:

Well, I think the problem is that the U.S. military has an "official" stance of "no women in ground combat" -- at least for now.  (Yes, yes, there is an ongoing debate about that, but it is against policy).  While there are women who are officially in combat support roles and in combat air crews, and of course the instances when support personnel are placed in combat situations (i.e. Jessica Lynch), the U.S. military doesn't put women out as ground-pounders.  In fact, just last year the House Armed Services Committee's the Military Personnel Subcommittee "approved an extremely broad provision barring women from serving, not just as combatants (still technically illegal) but in any company-size unit supporting combat battalions and their subordinate companies." (Source - Seattle Post Intelligencer)  So having women as U.S.M.C. ground combatants wouldn't reflect reality.
It aint like that where I am currently residing, nor France, Germany, Japan, South Korea, loads, you guys need to catch up.
https://www.joesautobody.com/liberation4.jpg

Last edited by Citizen One (2006-03-30 07:00:36)

imdead
Death StatPadder
hahah..is that an L85A1!! that's puny!  Yeah I know, but most of us don't look at the skins, it seems that the pixels of the bodies need to be bigger so you can actually 'see' them, instead of going close-up. But yeah I agree you should 'pick' your skin, whether it be a woman or whatever, it's a game and they didn't want 10yr olds making a nude patch.
rgraze
+6|6643
I Agree with Mr.CobraKai,,,   My wife, having been to Iraq and a 12 year army MP, Woman aren't allowed on the front line although it may happen unintentionally, and as Mr.Cobra stated.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard