SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6616
hmmm.........where have you stated any opinion or intelligent thought in this post?

Don't want to be labeled a Liberal, quit acting and sounding like one.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

There's a certain irony to accusing Obama of fear mongering when this thread is essentially the same.
This is bf2s D&S, not The President of the United States taking advantage of Americans fears. I would say a bit of a difference?

By the way I love how the Liberals don't know what to say to you if you don't like Obama, but you liked Clinton. LOL!
You do realize Bush used fear quite a lot to his advantage, right?

I mean, seriously...   What president HASN'T used fear to his advantage?

Don't get me wrong.  I don't like bailouts.  I don't like seeing the government increase the money supply to a huge extent.  I don't like AIG continually being funded when it's clearly a POS company that should either be nationalized or sold for scrap on the market.

But at the end of the day, what is the alternative?  It was mostly lack of governmental intervention that got us in this mess.

I'm not assuming Obama is some extraordinarily moral person, but I also don't assume he's evil.

I'd rather let logic guide my actions rather than fear.
AutralianChainsaw
+65|6190
Just imagine if McCain won the election.. Economic crisis + total war in the ME

bah..I told you all to vote for Ron Paul.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Man With No Name wrote:

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

^^^^^^^shut up!^^^^ have a thought would ya?

If Obama fails, we are all in trouble. I would love to see our Country succeed.  Just doesn't look like it is going that way right now.
really?  I have more money this year than I had last year.  I have no serious debt, my GI Bill benefits are about to triple in august.  Life is great.  No swine flu either
Hmmmm, you earned more money this year than last year, you are not in self induced finanical trouble, and you have earned a GI bill. Wow you sure are "lucky".  Or there is a lesson in your post.
mcjagdflieger
Champion of Dueling Rectums
+26|6302|South Jersey
Oh jesus dont mention Ron Paul, GS will have your head on a stick, rather, thats just one more reason for him to devalue your life. Insult obama, you cant think for yourself. Support McCain, you haven't a clue. Like Ron Paul, you are a dumbass college kid. I said before the election...I would have rather had Ron Paul in office than either of those criminals, GS laughed me off and I lost "credibility". My thoughts still ring the same today as they did before, FUCK DEMOCRATS, FUCK REPUBLICANS. And no, not because I vote on issues...but because I refuse to vote for a criminal political party...neither of them cares if one or the other wins, because as long as one of them wins, they both win, and we lose.
NantanCochise
+55|5970|Portugal/United States

lowing wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

^^^^^^^shut up!^^^^ have a thought would ya?

If Obama fails, we are all in trouble. I would love to see our Country succeed.  Just doesn't look like it is going that way right now.
really?  I have more money this year than I had last year.  I have no serious debt, my GI Bill benefits are about to triple in august.  Life is great.  No swine flu either
Hmmmm, you earned more money this year than last year, you are not in self induced finanical trouble, and you have earned a GI bill. Wow you sure are "lucky".  Or there is a lesson in your post.
Lesson: He must have voted for the right guy than.
topthrill05
+125|6569|Rochester NY USA

SGT_Dicklewicz wrote:

real intelligent retort.

Fear Mongering (IMO) - The basic principle of maintaining  fear in a person in which thought process can be controlled, since free thinkers are dangerous!

All I know are some ways, not only my thought process, but just in general the way things have changed for me;

10 years ago - I felt I could leave my job and do just fine.
Today - Feel lucky to have a job

10 years ago - Could sell my home and make a good profit
Today - lucky to sell

10 years ago - could get a loan for anything at a decent rate
Today - Just try to refinance a residence that I have lived in and been paying on for 10 years and hope I have enough equity to do it!

10 years ago - could enjoy a Pontiac
Today - No can do no more here either

10 years ago - We would keep score at my kids games
Today - No scoring till I think 3rd grade.

These are just some examples off the top of my head.
So your pissed at Clinton and Bush right along with the legislative branch? None of those are Obama's fault.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

NantanCochise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

I am gunna guess and say he probably had all of that going on for him before our country elected the messiah. Obama will take it from him and redistribute it, ya know just to be "fair", in the form of taxes. remember someone has gotta pay for allllll of the "free" health care your dreaming of.
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5602|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

Man With No Name wrote:

what else have your parents told you?
My parents haven't told me anything.

I just finished reading Mark Levin's Liberty & Tyranny: a Conservative Manifesto.

I also know more about history than every History Teacher I have ever had.

I have been listening to Mark Levin's Radio show.

I have read every major document from the time of the founding of this country and understood the meaning of them.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460

AutralianChainsaw wrote:

Just imagine if McCain won the election.. Economic crisis + total war in the ME

bah..I told you all to vote for Ron Paul.
Hey cool, Don Black, Hal Turner, and Alex Jones all supported Ron Paul!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

lowing wrote:

NantanCochise wrote:

lowing wrote:

I am gunna guess and say he probably had all of that going on for him before our country elected the messiah. Obama will take it from him and redistribute it, ya know just to be "fair", in the form of taxes. remember someone has gotta pay for allllll of the "free" health care your dreaming of.
Then maybe you should dig up some facts on "free" healtcare lowing ... all countries that have "free" healthcare use less money pr citizen on healthcare and have healthier citizens with a better life expectancy ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Varegg wrote:

lowing wrote:

NantanCochise wrote:

Then maybe you should dig up some facts on "free" healtcare lowing ... all countries that have "free" healthcare use less money pr citizen on healthcare and have healthier citizens with a better life expectancy ...
Different culture different siz countries.

In America's entitlement era we will waste emergency room time over a sniffle, bogging down the system, and why not, hey, it is "free" after all.

here is your "facts" on American "free" health care

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29998460/

Last edited by lowing (2009-05-20 05:53:43)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Good thing that Bush didn't use fear mongering for political gain when he was in office.

Wait, he did.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

Good thing that Bush didn't use fear mongering for political gain when he was in office.

Wait, he did.
Yes that imaginary attack on 911 was quite a show. Fits nicely with imaginary Islamic terrorism
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Wait, he did.
Yes that imaginary attack on 911 was quite a show. Fits nicely with imaginary Islamic terrorism
Yes, I believe it were Saudi Arabians who carried out that attack. Not Iraqi's.

You know the Iraqi's who had weapons of mass destruction?

Wait, no they didn't.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Wait, he did.

Wait, no they didn't.
Iraq was not about 911 it was about Saddam Hussein.

ANd yeah they did have, or was it kindness that killed the Kurds?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

Wait, no they didn't.

Saddam?

Weird. All the reports handed to the UN made specific mention of WDM's. Made specific mention of chemical and biological threats which were imminent. Guess all that "evidence" mysteriously vanished.

Oh hey, if it was just about Saddam, I'm sure it's time to pull out and leave then, yeah?

I believe he hasn't been in power for some time now.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Wait, no they didn't.

Saddam?

Weird. All the reports handed to the UN made specific mention of WDM's. Made specific mention of chemical and biological threats which were imminent. Guess all that "evidence" mysteriously vanished.

Oh hey, if it was just about Saddam, I'm sure it's time to pull out and leave then, yeah?

I believe he hasn't been in power for some time now.
Might wanna go back and take a gander at all of the dreaded respolutions the UN imposed on Iraq. They deemed Saddam a threat. THis is a fact.

Do you really want to leave now after all of the improvments that are taking place? There must be improvments in Iraq, you all have stopped talking about it and turned toward Afghanistan as your proof Bush is afailure.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

They deemed Saddam a threat. THis is a fact.
They deemed Saddam a possible threat, based on the evidence supplied.
The evidence turned out to be false and/or concocted.
There must be improvments in Iraq
Iraq isn't over.
When the US leaves they will be leaving a broken country more radical and fundamentalist than when they went in.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Man With No Name
جندي
+148|5566|The Wild West

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Iraq isn't over.
When the US leaves they will be leaving a broken country more radical and fundamentalist than when they went in.
if you think that element didnt exist during the baath era youre a moron.  If you think people werent dying of carbombs and suicide vest in Iraq before the invasion, youre a moron.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Man With No Name wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Iraq isn't over.
if you think that element didnt exist during the baath era youre a moron.  If you think people werent dying of carbombs and suicide vest in Iraq before the invasion, youre a moron.
Well, I guess he is in shock, and I am not far from it.
Turquoise
O Canada

Man With No Name wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Iraq isn't over.
While it is true that Iraq had radicals before we invaded and that we've generally improved Iraq, Bush did use fear to justify the invasion itself.

I just hope Iraq doesn't go the way of Pakistan.  I suppose that our continued presence in Iraq will mostly prevent that.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Turquoise wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Iraq isn't over.
While it is true that Iraq had radicals before we invaded and that we've generally improved Iraq, Bush did use fear to justify the invasion itself.

I just hope Iraq doesn't go the way of Pakistan.  I suppose that our continued presence in Iraq will mostly prevent that.
He did not use fear. It was prudent that Iraq was no longer ignored like it was the 10 years prior. He was justified based on intel of the time and if nothing else, based on the fact that Iraq broke the resolutions that brought a cease fire in the first place.
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Man With No Name wrote:

He did not use fear. It was prudent that Iraq was no longer ignored like it was the 10 years prior. He was justified based on intel of the time and if nothing else, based on the fact that Iraq broke the resolutions that brought a cease fire in the first place.
It wasn't ignored though.  Air strikes kept Saddam contained.  Also, Clinton actually lobbied for war before Bush did, but he "prudently" stopped short of invasion because of a lack of international support.

Most of why the first Gulf War was a success was because most of the world approved of it, and the Saudis funded it in full.

By the time Bush entered office, there was no need to invade, because the air strikes worked pretty well.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6643|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

It wasn't ignored though.  Air strikes kept Saddam contained.  Also, Clinton actually lobbied for war before Bush did, but he "prudently" stopped short of invasion because of a lack of international support.

Most of why the first Gulf War was a success was because most of the world approved of it, and the Saudis funded it in full.

By the time Bush entered office, there was no need to invade, because the air strikes worked pretty well.
Sorry, killing a camel and blowing up a tent is hardly an air strike. If it had worked then there would be no need for on going threats and resolutions for the entire decade of the nineties.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard