Smartcom5
Always at your back - keep an eye of it!
+1|5647|Germany
Hi my lovely fellows !

The Discover
I got nice news for you.
As you know, the new patch is out for a few weeks.
Surely i've already played the 1.50 Beta 1/2 patch.
You still remember further that there's the map "Operation Blue Pearl" who cames whit the patch, do you ?

The Idea
So ...
If the map (OBP) runs under the 1.5 Beta patch as ranked ...
Where's the problem to let the remaining* players within v1.41 play this map on a ranked server ?

Cause there's just about 44-50 server running 1.5 Beta as against the *other 3000+ Battlefield 2-Server than running still v1.41.
Wouldn't it be nice if the other thousands player could explore the map Operation Blue Pearl ?

The Test
I've figured out - beside the parallel installation and use of 1.41 & 1.50 Beta - that the Map "Operation Blue Pearl" still runs nicely under the version 1.41.
I'd tried it endless times, it runs very well & stable within v1.41.
I will be let running a public unranked server the next days as v1.41 with the map "Operation Blue Pearl".

[url=http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?image=serverinfo.png][img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9434/serverinfo.th.png[/img][/url]

The Participation
Surely everybody who wants to join have to [url=http://rapidshare.com/files/234243639/Operation_Blue_Pearl.zip]download the map[/url].
When it's downloaded just unzip the archive to the following path:
Your Drive:\path\to\your\game-folder\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels\*

Important: Don't following expand the archives 'client.zip' & 'server.zip' as they are expected as zip-archives through Battlefield 2 !

The final patch should be the following:
Your Drive:\path\to\your\game-folder\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Levels\Operation_Blue_Pearl\*

... where furthermore the following files should be found there:
  • \Info\
    • \favoriteMap.png
    • \gpm_cq_16_menuMap.png
    • \gpm_cq_32_menuMap.png
    • \gpm_cq_64_menuMap.png
    • \loadmap.png
    • \Operation_Blue_Pearl.desc
  • \archive.md5
  • \client.zip
  • \server.zip

If are the files on the place discriped above, you're done.

Something to say ...
I wanna say, that this is just a test or a gift for all other players playing Battlefield 2.
I think [or suppose] that a huge part of those who wants to play the Patch 1.50 Beta 2 does it, cause of the new map 'Operation Blue Pearl'.

But, the official way EA prescripe it to us, is:

You still can load the 1.50 Beta 2 Patch - of course !
But you'll not be able to play the likely Battlefield 2 anymore until you deinstall version 1.50 Beta 2 and reinstall the whole game - without the latest patch.

I suppose you got it ?
They already decided what game you play if you do so - and they already decided not to let you choose ...

But i think ...
Why not be able to play both of 'em ?
Why not to choose by yourself ?

So, here's the message to all of you:
You will get it, without loosing the ability to play Battlefield 2 v1.41 anymore !

Let me hear what do you think !
A hail to my comrades !

→ Remember:
There are at these days about ~ 50 servers running version 1.50 Beta 2.
And there's currently an amount of ~ 3,200 servers running v1.41.

What would you choose ?
50 vs. 3,200 or just both ?

In this sense

Smartccom

Last edited by Smartcom5 (2009-05-18 07:53:10)

„I don't know if it will be better if it changes. But i know that it must change if it will be better.“Georg Christoph Lichtenberg 1742-1799 ger. writer
-
„Have the courage to avail yourself of your own mind.“ - Immanuel Kant *1724, †1804, german philosopher
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6004|Aberdeen, Scotland
Good effort...although it's unlikely anyone who hasn't bothered with the beta will bother setting this up
Smartcom5
+1|5647|Germany

MrAnderson wrote:

Good effort...although it's unlikely anyone who hasn't bothered with the beta will bother setting this up
What do you mean ?
It's that easy to set this things up, doesn't it ?

In this sense

Smartcom5
„I don't know if it will be better if it changes. But i know that it must change if it will be better.“Georg Christoph Lichtenberg 1742-1799 ger. writer
-
„Have the courage to avail yourself of your own mind.“ - Immanuel Kant *1724, †1804, german philosopher
jonrpatrick
+3|5709|Charlotte, NC, USA
I did, as I was interested in the map...
My BF2 will load it right up to "join game" and then CTD.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
JP
Smartcom5
+1|5647|Germany

jonrpatrick wrote:

I did, as I was interested in the map...
My BF2 will load it right up to "join game" and then CTD.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
JP
You have already patch v1.41 installed, right ?
Try to clear the caches within the folder 'My Documents'.

Didn't got this failure ever since i copied the map. :-)

In this sense

Smartcom
-
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6004|Aberdeen, Scotland

Smartcom5 wrote:

What do you mean ?
It may be easy, but the people who haven't downloaded the patch already are unlikely to do so just to play Blue pearl, so it won't bring any new players 

Last edited by MrAnderson (2009-05-20 10:49:18)

Smartcom5
+1|5647|Germany

MrAnderson wrote:

Smartcom5 wrote:

What do you mean ?
It may be easy, but the people who haven't downloaded the patch already are unlikely to do so just to play Blue pearl, so it won't bring any new players 
They don't need to download and install the new patch.

As i wrote above, all you have to do is;
Just download the map itself i upped before and place it in your map folder.

I suppose a huge amount of players wanna just play or discover this map and won't another episode of a Battlefield 2 who annoy them once again whit stupid bug's.
Aside from that i believe that most of the players would just try to keep Battlefield running - but want also just take a look at this map - and if it's worthy to update to 1.50 Beta 2 that brings probably new discrepancies.
That's why i tried to explain that this map runs also under v1.41, as i described posts above.

The thing is that i tried to figure out if it's possible to run this map without update to Beta 1.5.
And it does.

Remember;
The welcome side effect is, that this map is official classified as ranked.
So it is probably possible to let run this map on a v1.41 ranked server within the maprotation and receive scores who a gained during a round on this map.

The main thing that's enable this is ...
A valid scoring depends only on 2 things:
  • Is the map official accepted as ranked ?
  • Is the server official ranked ?
Both of 'em is actual given on a v1.41 ranked server.
There's no check at the version (except for version 1.0.2446.12; the BF2-Demo) or if the map wouldn't run (officially) under this version.
There's no need of 1.5 Beta at all.

All we have to do is, load up OBP on a ranked server map directory, include it in the rotation and let a few player play this map (who've already downloaded this map also).

The pivotal question is:

Would the scores be counted on the account of a player ?

I would bet on it - it would be counted.
We only need one who would let run this map on his ranked server.

In this sense

Smartcom
-
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5599|Dublin, Ireland
It's a bad map. I wouldn't play it on any patch.

Ever.
Smartcom5
+1|5647|Germany

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

It's a bad map. I wouldn't play it on any patch.

Ever.
I doesn't remember that i ever write a judgemental claim.
I'd just somethin' of knowledge to give to the community that probably not anybody knows..

If anyone would play or like this one, had to decide it on your own, right ?

In this sense

Smartcom

Last edited by Smartcom5 (2009-06-08 14:48:04)

-

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard