ghettoperson
+1,943|6675

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If abortion is already legal by whim, I honestly don't see what difference this makes.

Lady: I'm here to kill my baby.
Nurse: Have a seat and fill out these forms.
*no problem*

Lady: I'm here to kill my baby boy.
Nurse: GET OUT YOU PHILISTINE!
*DENIED*

Eh?
No one likes abortions dude. We just accept that there are a lot of circumstances when bringing a child into the world is a bad idea. By allowing people to abort a fetus based on something like gender that's just insane. What's next, you get an abortion because your kid is ginger?*

*I would probably do this.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6797|PNW

ghettoperson wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

If abortion is already legal by whim, I honestly don't see what difference this makes.

Lady: I'm here to kill my baby.
Nurse: Have a seat and fill out these forms.
*no problem*

Lady: I'm here to kill my baby boy.
Nurse: GET OUT YOU PHILISTINE!
*DENIED*

Eh?
No one likes abortions dude. We just accept that there are a lot of circumstances when bringing a child into the world is a bad idea. By allowing people to abort a fetus based on something like gender that's just insane. What's next, you get an abortion because your kid is ginger?*

*I would probably do this.
If you don't need a particular medical reason to abort, you should be able to get away with just about any other random excuse.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6405|MN
Why can't we just wait until they are born and see how smart they are?  If they aren't up to snuff, why not just kill them then?  I figure they need at least a couple years to see how things go.  Same thing right?
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Lai
+186|6176

LividBovine wrote:

If they aren't up to snuff, why not just kill them then?  I figure they need at least a couple years to see how things go.  Same thing right?
This is SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6607|SE London

Harmor wrote:

Europe...the culture of death.  I guess soon you'll be able to kill your grandparents because it costs to much to keep them alive.
You can. Send them off to Switzerland to a suicide clinic....
ghettoperson
+1,943|6675

You can do it in Holland too. That's where my parents are going once they retire!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6707|Disaster Free Zone

Lai wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Lai wrote:

No, people should take responsibility prior to conception, not whine aftewards.
Why?

Not to mention a lot of people already do.
Because you are basically killing an unborn child. Now, just for your information, I am an atheist and do not share the Vatican's point of view on abortion. I do support abortion as an emergency measure. I even support abbortion for medical reasons (e.g. kid will be retard) and advocate stimcell research including the use of aborted foetusses. However, aborting a child for the sole reason that you were to damn lazy to strap up, imo is 200% fail! And I've never made any comments, regarding the people that already do.

If you are the purely practical kind of guy, than you should also be ready to accept these purely practical arguments:

1. At least here in Holland, abortions are wholly or partially covered by abortions. Abortions cost money, so that means I'll have to pay for your goddamned laziness.

2. Two, it is a common misconception that abortions are "routine procedures". They are quite severe medical procedures, providing great stress, both physically as well as mentally to the will-not-be-mother. Like all quite severe medical procedures, they come with the risc of complications. As such they should be avoided at all costs! Surely I wouldn't want my girlfriend to undergo this, perhaps even at a regular basis, because I couldn't be bothered.
Other forms of contraception can fail.
1. Look up, and boo hoo. There are many more things which have a much higher direct cost to health cover due to laziness. Smoking for example.
2. I Fully know what is required for an abortion and know someone who has had one. Don't you think that given the fact the procedure is so invasive and stressful that those who choose to have one really don't want that child? I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through it either and I know how it has affected my friend. But I disagree totally on there being restrictions on the procedure if someone wants it.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6209|Ireland

Macbeth wrote:

Swedish health authorities have ruled that gender-based abortion is not illegal according to current law and can not therefore be stopped, according to a report by Sveriges Television.

The Local reported in February that a woman from Eskilstuna in southern Sweden had twice had abortions after finding out the gender of the child.

The woman, who already had two daughters, requested an amniocentesis in order to allay concerns about possible chromosome abnormalities. At the same time, she also asked to know the foetus's gender.

Doctors at Mälaren Hospital expressed concern and asked Sweden’s National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen) to draw up guidelines on how to handle requests in the future in which they "feel pressured to examine the foetus’s gender" without having a medically compelling reason to do so.

The board has now responded that such requests and thus abortions can not be refused and that it is not possible to deny a woman an abortion up to the 18th week of pregnancy, even if the foetus's gender is the basis for the request.
http://www.thelocal.se/19392.html
I'm all for killing babies and am pro choice but aborting them based on gender is a tad bit far. Meh not my Swedish bastard children, thoughts?
How could a mass of tissue have a gender unless of course it is a child.  Abortion is murder.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard