Wallpaper
+303|5986|The pool

Hakei wrote:

Instant proning L85 randoms can't just flop down and spray you with 0 aim or movement.
People bitch about the L85?
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6615|EU

Bull3t wrote:

I don't understand why there is no body playing the fucking beta, It's what everybody wanted. We got it now play it.

And another thing is all of the foreign servers, There aren't but like 2 servers in the US.

/rant
i would if i could
TunaMan
Mouse-Pilot
+29|5776|Israel

Bull3t wrote:

I don't understand why there is no body playing the fucking beta, It's what everybody wanted. We got it now play it.

And another thing is all of the foreign servers, There aren't but like 2 servers in the US.

/rant
I guess it's because the file is over 1GB...
Not to mention the mess needed to restore 1.41 after testing it.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6550|Hungary
Beta 3 needed!
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6281|Pacific NW, USA

Im_Dooomed wrote:

PigPopTart wrote:

Make sure you save a copy of 1.41 so you can play that when 1.5 is empty.

Oh and now i'm getting the bug that reverts me back to server menu after i finish loading a map
Well, try joining via IP, also try joining on a different account? Maybe try joining a server with only a few people in it? Try connecting from your favorite servers list? Use ipconfig to refresh/renew your ip address? I dunno lol

By the way, how was OBP with those two flags neutral?? Is it pretty balanced that way?
I'll try all that stuff later today after work.

I'm not sure about the 2 neutral flags, I came into the server after it had already started.   In the time I was there it did seem like a very balanced map.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
I think the the prone deviation shouldn't apply to support, as the not only need to prone the most, but also have bipods on their guns. To balance them however they should increase the deviation mod for crouching with the LMGs.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
Support already don't get full accuracy when they go prone at first so yeah I guess that'll be some feedback to test out when beta 3 comes out.
Lai
+186|6143

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I think the the prone deviation shouldn't apply to support, as the not only need to prone the most, but also have bipods on their guns. To balance them however they should increase the deviation mod for crouching with the LMGs.
Do that and PKM dive will flourish like never before.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
Just played a whole round with sub 100 ping and HOLY SHIT!  Hit reg like no other, almost like playing on single player
Vax
+42|5844|Flyover country

Lai wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Do that and PKM dive will flourish like never before.
PKM dive ?

Should they stay standing and shoot ? Or dive more slowly, wait for the little bipod delay, maybe give the enemy a little 'courtesy moment' to get set, and then shoot?

what is with you people 

DICE says the jump to prone aspect is broken, not support guys proning.
Vax
+42|5844|Flyover country

Bull3t wrote:

/rant
If they had made an easier system for playing both... have the beta install a separate exe or something, there would be more playing it.

I have only played B1 for a day, and then wanted to go back to my regular servers. Now i wanna try B2, but what a pain.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
^^

Just save a copy of BF2 before you patch to 1.5

This way the copy stays 1.41 and the original BF2 file is now 1.5

That's what I did and now I can play both, just click on the version you want to play.
Sa¢ripan
+12|6732|St-Dié/ Lorraine/ France

RegMan wrote:

Not to mention the mess needed to restore 1.41 after testing it.
stfu
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6314|Orrstrayleea

Wallpaper wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Instant proning L85 randoms can't just flop down and spray you with 0 aim or movement.
Bads do
Lai
+186|6143

Wallpaper wrote:

Hakei wrote:

Lolwut, the L85A1 sucks balls at full auto, even prone.
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6529|Search Whore killing fields
I dont see any fixes about putting a bullet in someones head with a M24 just to have it not register until I move a centimeter over.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone

Lai wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

Hakei wrote:

I receive amazing HSs by this weapon by a non hidden noob standing in the middle of a road
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Lai
+186|6143

.Sup wrote:

Lai wrote:

Wallpaper wrote:

I receive amazing HSs by this weapon by a non hidden noob standing in the middle of a road
Because the scope and high power make single shotting with the weapon pure epic. Full auto is still fail though, I'm having trouble even with short bursts; I tend to hit shit. Regarding noobs, if they spray a whole mag in a certain direction there is always a chance they'll land a headshot, but the same goes for a flintlock musket volley.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5859|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
I think the L85 is overpowered but only because its with the medic kit, if it was assault I think it would be more balanced, its not really a noob gun the G36E is but L85 is similar to SVD it kills in 1 headshot and has similar accuracy (dont really matter if your prone or standing), but 30 rounds instead of 10 and all the other medic stuff
I think BF2 would be so much more balanced if medics had average guns, that way more people would play as assault and the medics would actually want to heal people rather than choose the kit just for the powerful and accurate guns as well as healing

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-05-17 06:04:37)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6427
L85 is fine. It trades long range effectiveness for the worse close range out of all assault rifles. It's no different to the G3 which trades clip count for sheer power while keeping the same reliability as most assault rifles.
0akleaves
+183|6605|Newcastle UK
we cant play the beta as most servers wont let you join when there is 10-15 already in so whats the point.
You have to learn the rules of the game and then you have to play better than anyone else.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5859|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
does anyone know when the final release is supposed to come out? or wil there be another beta
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5589|Vacationland

H3RB4L ABU53 wrote:

I think the L85 is overpowered but only because its with the medic kit, if it was assault I think it would be more balanced, its not really a noob gun the G36E is but L85 is similar to SVD it kills in 1 headshot and has similar accuracy (dont really matter if your prone or standing), but 30 rounds instead of 10 and all the other medic stuff
I think BF2 would be so much more balanced if medics had average guns, that way more people would play as assault and the medics would actually want to heal people rather than choose the kit just for the powerful and accurate guns as well as healing
Maybe if they hadn't completely nerfed the Grenade Launchers more people would play assault, yes some would be tubing and some still do.  But more people would play as Assault because they could whip out the grenade launcher if they run out of ammo or when multiple enemies are inbound.
PPSKevin
+2|5546|Mukilteo,Washington, USA
cant wait for the 1.50 patch!
BVC
+325|6687
Have they fixed the missile lock bug?  The one where if the pilot swaps out it loses lock

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard