M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Snake wrote:

cowami wrote:

Snake wrote:

I absolutely HATE flying that jet - only jet I hate more is the mig25. The F16 outdoes the F111 in every capability

My new favourite is the YF-23 Blackwiddow. That thing is simply awesome to fly, and, IMO, is better than an F22 (even if it is similar in nature )
us AE peoples know that the YF-23 was the greater of the two

only thing was that the greaterness came with a higher pricetag
Yeah I read up on it, which is a shame. Looked like an awesome thing, and it is ingame too
I remember flying the YF-23 in Air Combat years ago, wondering at the time wtf it was
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6580|Columbus, OH

Snake wrote:

loubot wrote:

I unlock the Razorback but have not reached lvl25(?) to fly it. F-111 is my primary fighter/bomber though it can't do the horizontal stall move. The best it can do is go vertically, stall, get a quick lock & fire before crashing.
I absolutely HATE flying that jet - only jet I hate more is the mig25. The F16 outdoes the F111 in every capability

My new favourite is the YF-23 Blackwiddow. That thing is simply awesome to fly, and, IMO, is better than an F22 (even if it is similar in nature )
I don't have the Black Widow yet, but looking forward to it. The F-111 has been kicking ass but the Difficulty Level is set to Normal. I know it sucks on agility. Once I master the 360 flight stick and play on the highest Difficulty setting, I might ditch the F-111
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Poseidon wrote:

New planes coming this week

http://kotaku.com/5222051/hawx-european … -this-week
The new aircraft includes the Dassault Rafale, Saab-37 Viggen, Mirage 2000N, Mirage 4000, FB-22 prototype bomber and the experimental XA-20 Razorback from Tom Clancy's EndWar.
Im not quite sure thats right, because the Rafale/FB22/XA20 are already in the game, and I swear the Viggen is too. Theres so many Mirages that I get lost with those, so they might be in it too
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
i was noticing that too snake
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

The FB-22 was a pre-order bonus from somewhere wasn't it? I had an idea they would eventually release it publicly though.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

M.O.A.B wrote:

The FB-22 was a pre-order bonus from somewhere wasn't it? I had an idea they would eventually release it publicly though.
You can get it, and the F-18 HARV & A12 Avenger anyway. Just google it - its only a code you enter in the hanger
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Snake wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

You can get it, and the F-18 HARV & A12 Avenger anyway. Just google it - its only a code you enter in the hanger
Shhh!

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Damn you!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

The HARV is a brilliant jet to use in MP, as can be the A12 because its slow = tighter turning circle.

Ive even used the FB22 quite well online, but its best suited to SP
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6109|Birmingham, UK
I use one of the F15 planes, i forget which though

I use one of the Mirages alot too, the 2000C i think it is?
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

SEREVENT wrote:

F15C I guess you mean. I use it a lot. Though I now use the YF23 more...but I do miss the RGM & Multi AA payload.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6109|Birmingham, UK

Snake wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

F15C I guess you mean. I use it a lot. Though I now use the YF23 more...but I do miss the RGM & Multi AA payload.
Yeah its the F15C, good overall plane tbh.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

Zero Punctuation has done one of "his" reviews on HAWX
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ … ys-H-A-W-X

(note: contains spoilers)
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Snake wrote:

lol, saw that.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

Snake wrote:

"...wearing silly hats".

Holy crap though, he actually enjoyed it.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Poseidon wrote:

Snake wrote:

"...wearing silly hats".

Holy crap though, he actually enjoyed it.
I was quite amazed myself. That's also one of the best reviews he's done in some time.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

I couldn't believe he actually liked it...though hes spot on about the campaign..."The fucking Moooon?!" <-- I seriously lol'd at that. And the Tom Clancy faces with that smile were just...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

Tom Clancy's HAWX by Tom Clancy
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6580|Columbus, OH
I finished the game at normal difficulty and started to play online for the first time.

VERSUS mode I have mixed feelings...can't believe I got shot down 3x's in a row by rockets
AllAspect missles are n00bish.
The CO-OP on hard was fun. The map of Chicago and protecting the AWAC from fighters and ground troops was intense.

I ranked up to level 22. It will be a long time before I can reach lvl 25 to fly the razorback
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6567|England

loubot wrote:

I finished the game at normal difficulty and started to play online for the first time.

VERSUS mode I have mixed feelings...can't believe I got shot down 3x's in a row by rockets
AllAspect missles are n00bish.
The CO-OP on hard was fun. The map of Chicago and protecting the AWAC from fighters and ground troops was intense.

I ranked up to level 22. It will be a long time before I can reach lvl 25 to fly the razorback
Even on hardest, the game is easy to complete. Just do circles whilst holding the brake (with AssON) and no enemy missile will ever hit you! Or, at least, thats what happened to me. The Razorback is nothing special IMO.

Versus is great fun, I seriously cannot get enough of it. But, all-aspects piss me off, which is why I always play Realistic if I can (1 hit kills from JStrikes/MultiAA and a LOT less ammo), hardcore in a 2nd choice. When Ive played in Normal, Ive gone up against people who just spam all-aspects at you, and when they run out of ammo for them, just crash and respawn. Its fucking pathetic. At least on Realistic you only get 2 all-aspects, each of which deal 50% damage...i.e. they need to use both to down just a single jet.

It is much more fun on those modes, and if you are intent on getting to level 40 (Im almost at 36 ), you need a shit-load of xp...just over 1.4million to be exact

As for rockets, they are my favourite way of taking out someone who is tracking me with a RGM. They also work well when you are restricted to guns only...and they work in cannon-only matches
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6580|Columbus, OH
I'll have to look for realistic or cannon-only hosts or host my own.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6567|Area 51

M.O.A.B wrote:

Snake wrote:

lol, saw that.
...The fucking moon?
iNfinity.
+12|5645|Norway
I got my new joystick today, So i will see how it goes with Logitech Extreme 3d Pro

Damn you saitek, You failed me with cyborg evo.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock

iNfinity. wrote:

I got my new joystick today, So i will see how it goes with Logitech Extreme 3d Pro

Damn you saitek, You failed me with cyborg evo.
That joystick let me down too
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6845|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Just bought this game, it's awsm.

If anyone wants to play some co-op or versus make sure you hit me up on xfire or something

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard