Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6698|Madrid, Spain
Well the wcr has been talked hundreds of times and many people have complained and bitched about it (me too). Also many of you have come to the conclusion some alternate requirements, another way of gettin that goddamn ribbon should be a good idea. Here's my idea :

- Distinguished service medal

- Expert command badge

- w/l ratio 3:1 as commander

- 50 commander points (before 2x) IAR

This is an award for commanders, what do you think?
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6815|Germany / Saxony

Stratocaster wrote:

Well the wcr has been talked hundreds of times and many people have complained and bitched about it (me too). Also many of you have come to the conclusion some alternate requirements, another way of gettin that goddamn ribbon should be a good idea. Here's my idea :

- Distinguished service medal

- Expert command badge

- w/l ratio 3:1 as commander

- 50 commander points (before 2x) IAR

This is an award for commanders, what do you think?
I second that!!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6759|England
Providing the requirements have absolutely nothing to do with your win to loose ratio im happy with any requirements.
FromTheAshes
+53|6675
Fuck WL ratio. Make it so like top 100 commanders get it. if you get beaten you still can keep it.
leighto
+1|6688|Australia
yeah for sure then i would finally get it. trying to get a global 3:1 is proving to be difficult but i am on my way.
Crosell
+0|6641
I like it much better, Since you have to 50 hours commanding anyways.
RECONDO67
+60|6606|miami FL
3:1 Is Too Much Specially For Me  I Have Like 1200 Victories And Like 1300 Losses  It Mean I Would Have To Win 2000 More Times Wich Is Way Too Difficult
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6698|Madrid, Spain

RECONDO67 wrote:

3:1 Is Too Much Specially For Me  I Have Like 1200 Victories And Like 1300 Losses  It Mean I Would Have To Win 2000 More Times Wich Is Way Too Difficult
almost impossible, I would say... My suggestion includes w/l ratio AS COMMANDER, so it can really be called war college ribbon, and that would mean the work for the award would depend on your commanding, not on some flyin commander that throws arty in your ass...

this ribbon destroys true fair gameplay, as you constantly see your squad members team switch.... sucks!!

I posted already long ago about this... maybe some people have this ribbon, I don't give a shit, EA should not encourage us to get a w/l ratio simply because IT DOES NOT DEPEND ON YOU 100%. (NOT EVEN 50%)

If you enter a server, the round is about to end and you are on the losing team... nothing to do, just lose!
If you do your best but are in the n00bs and whores team that don't know what teamwork is.... nothing to do, just lose that round too!
If you are team switched by server and can't switch back... just lose again and again....

WCR is the worst idea... all those who got it team switched, that's not fair gameplay.

All other BF2 awards are focused on individual achievements, but this is the only one that rewards things that are not under your control like :
- noobs on your team
- statpadders on your team
- vehicle whores on your team that stay all round on hangars
- idle players on your team
- noob or flying commander on your team
- other teammates team switching or disconnecting
- being disconnected
- being switched to loser team
- doing all your best and not being enough because all of the above
So.... Please EA reconsider some alternate requirements because this is not the way to encourage a player to make an effort, I can try to kill 44 enemies IAR to get my expert badges on SF, and it's funny, but having no control over what's happening is not funny.

Last edited by Stratocaster (2006-03-14 23:37:51)

jazboz2k1
+2|6591
ill try check that on the closest account to them descriptions ?

Last edited by jazboz2k1 (2006-03-22 17:39:39)

jazboz2k1
+2|6591
i looked at my dads account s he has all the items listed but he may not have the 3:1 ratio but he dont have his ribbon his account is j4mi3-k1ll3r

Last edited by jazboz2k1 (2006-03-22 17:42:15)

jazboz2k1
+2|6591

Stratocaster wrote:

RECONDO67 wrote:

almost impossible, I would say... My suggestion includes w/l ratio AS COMMANDER, so it can really be called war college ribbon, and that would mean the work for the award would depend on your commanding, not on some flyin commander that throws arty in your ass...

this ribbon destroys true fair gameplay, as you constantly see your squad members team switch.... sucks!!

I posted already long ago about this... maybe some people have this ribbon, I don't give a shit, EA should not encourage us to get a w/l ratio simply because IT DOES NOT DEPEND ON YOU 100%. (NOT EVEN 50%)

If you enter a server, the round is about to end and you are on the losing team... nothing to do, just lose!
If you do your best but are in the n00bs and whores team that don't know what teamwork is.... nothing to do, just lose that round too!
If you are team switched by server and can't switch back... just lose again and again....

WCR is the worst idea... all those who got it team switched, that's not fair gameplay.

All other BF2 awards are focused on individual achievements, but this is the only one that rewards things that are not under your control like :
- noobs on your team
- statpadders on your team
- vehicle whores on your team that stay all round on hangars
- idle players on your team
- noob or flying commander on your team
- other teammates team switching or disconnecting
- being disconnected
- being switched to loser team
- doing all your best and not being enough because all of the above
So.... Please EA reconsider some alternate requirements because this is not the way to encourage a player to make an effort, I can try to kill 44 enemies IAR to get my expert badges on SF, and it's funny, but having no control over what's happening is not funny.
I Try not to play MEC on some maps this gos against my MEC Medal it totaly stupid they allways lose (aspecly on Kubra and Karkand) if you look at my stats there my most played maps aswell
Impaqt
+37|6608|Chicago, Il
WCR is just an award designed to intice people into stat padding so EA can reset them.... 

I personally wont bother with it.... Rediculous requirement...   Even a 3:1 W/L as a commander woudl suck. Whats to stop the losing commander from dropping cmmand if its an inevitable loss?  How often on a Public server do you get several squads that actually follow your orders...
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6716

Just thought I'd add that it is a ribbon, hence it should be easier to get then a medal. As in, the distinguished service medal should not be a pre-requisite. Also, being a ribbon, the top 100 commanders only getting it is rediculous. What other ribbons or medals out there require you being tops in your class? If you are new to the game, or simply don't play as much you will never have a shot at it. Furthermore, as more people are higher ranked, you have less chance at commanding only distancing your hope of ever becoming a top commander.

Leave G/S/B medals and top ranks to the top dogs in the game. Leave the WCR out of it, it's already hard enough, and appending those new requirements make it no easier then it already is.

Edit: for those of you arguing that W:L ratio does not depend on you, that exact same argument applies to being commander. While your skills may or may not influence your teams win as a player, your skills as commander may or may not influence the win as well. Hence, this argument is invalid to say that W:L as commander improves anything on the basis of it being any better then the previous scenario.

I would argue that being a good player and a good commander certainly affects your W:L; however, a high ranking player taking commander often leads to the team being short one excellent infantry/vehicle player, whereas almost anyone can drop UAV, supplies, ARTY, and talk the team to a win. Yes, being a good commander helps, and yes being a good infantry player helps, but don't argue that commanding W:L is any different then W:L as a normal player.

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2006-03-22 19:20:56)

Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6698|Madrid, Spain
I agree in a certain way with you, but if EA was really to think of some alternate reqs. for the wcr, I would take anything instead of the reqs. that are needed at the moment. It's certainly easier to win being commander and being good at it than being a squad member/leader. Also, the moment you decide to become commander and then being conscious that round is going to affect your w/l ratio, you must be sure you have a good team under your command. Maybe you can wait a couple of rounds to see how the team behaves...
I mentioned the distinguished service medal and the expert command badge as a req. because it's all the commanding-related awards, and it's all about being commander. And this medal, you will get it sooner or later, it's just 100 hours as commander, 100 as squad member and 100 as squad leader. And if only commanded games would lead to wcr, you would easily have 100 hours as commander. I am pretty sure my reqs. for the wcr would make it way far easier to get than it is now.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6759|Singapore

Staff Officer Ribbon too then?
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6698|Madrid, Spain
well, yes, I forgot that one , easy to get anyway
carl
+-1|6584|Norway
i agree on what you say about wcr, there just got to be some changes her, but...

if you think staff officer ribbon is easy to get, please give me tips

i rarely get more then 30-40 commander points in a good round, and its a long way from 40 - 50 points!!!
i use my com.assets as often as requestet from squads + some other times and give orders all the time, and spot enemys in the meantime...i would say im pretty active as com.

Last edited by carl (2006-03-29 03:45:57)

Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6680|Gütersloh, Germany
Play on servers that run 64 player maps but only a few players are online. The round lasts forever and you get a lot of points. I got my Basic Command Badge and Staff Officer Ribbon in the same round.
DSRTurtle
+56|6656
I regulary get 40+ command points in a round regardless of the map and number of players unless the server has 50+ players on a 64 player map.  Even then I usually get 30 - 40 pts in a round.  A lot depends on your team.  You can help them by providing UAV support where your team is.  Time your arty to finish just before your squad arrives at the target.  Use the zoom to drop supplies right next to your team's vehicles.  Use the zoom to make arty drops more deadly.  Spot like crazy with the scan.  When you spot make sure you have all squads selected.  Find ways to encourage lone wolves to make a squad.  I got a couple of guys to do that on a map just by providing UAV and spotting help to them when they were the only squad I had for the first 1/4 of a round.  Don't go into battle your self unless there are 10 or less players on your side.  You may have to kill the odd spec ops guy in your base.

Added

To the person who asked about the staff officer ribbon.  Drop supplies near a squad when they are in battle.  Specially when you have armored vehicles fighting it out.  That supply crate can make the difference between your guy living and dying.  Your doing a lot of things right to get it.  Keep trying.

Last edited by DSRTurtle (2006-03-29 04:28:02)

Ali
Official Hell Bound Turbo Action Club Member
+17|6680|Gütersloh, Germany
40+ Commander Points is easy. But 40+ Commander Points before the 2x bonus (which every award requires when commander points is an IAR requirement) is hard.
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6698|Madrid, Spain
No, it is not, just like said above, go to a 64 players map, 16 slot server, and you will get it, even if you don't kill anyone, believe me, you end the round with always more than 100 points, that makes 50 before 2x.
Look for the HIGH POINTS servers. I tell you it's easy.
Rakasan
+7|6807|California, USA
I don't believe commander wins are currently tracked
section9
+9|6818|USA
I agree with strat
Stratocaster
WCR official whiner
+6|6698|Madrid, Spain

Rakasan wrote:

Well, they should!
DSRTurtle
+56|6656

Stratocaster wrote:

Rakasan wrote:

Well, they should!
I agree.  I thought the WCR requirement for the 3 to 1 Win Loss ratio was as commander only.  It sucks that it's not.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard