DriftX
+0|6787
Okay, ever find yourself in a situation where you're in a 1v1 knife fight with someone and one of the following happens:

a) He gives up on knifing you and takes out a pistol/gun and shoots you to death
b) Another one of his teammates kills you with a pistol/gun/vehicle/whatever

What do you guys think of this?

IMO I don't think this is very honorable. Whenever I am engaged in a knife fight all I do is just duke it out and see who wins. I never take out a pistol/gun, and if I'm passing by 2 people in a knife fight, I won't interefere unless the enemy takes out my teammate, THEN I will rush in. Many times I have been deep into a knife fight with no apparant winner, and all of a sudden, someone else from the other team rolls up with a gun and shoots me. I find this very annoying and not very honorable
MightyBobo
+2|6780|Omaha, NE
Heh, I always find it funny when an enemy teammate not only comes and kills me, but kills the guy Im trying to knife too.  I dont mind those deaths...
bluehavoc8686
will frag for food
+11|6840|Pittsburgh, PA, USA
the other day i was in a knife fight with this one guy in a wide-open parking lot after we both ran out of ammo for our primary and secondary weapons (thanks to jumping like crazy) and his sniper buddy came up to us. the guy was cool though because he waited his turn for us to finish and once i killed the other guy, he engaged me. it was  a blast until their noobish team mate blasted me with a G3. all three of us were saying: totally lame man. i love a good knife fight. i know i'll get in trouble for saying this, but i thought that the old knife/pistol servers rocked before they were all banned.
The Soup Nazi
+18|6787|North Lauderdale, FL
this happens to me a lot since i like to knife fight.  but generally what happens is that my opponent blasts me away before i can even get near him.  wimps, the lot of 'em.
Croak
+11|6805|San Marcos, CA
Me, I like to bring hand grenades to knife fights.  This isn't Ginsu 2, it's BF2, and the great god DICE gave us ranged and explosive weapons for a reason. 

And Bluehavoc, man, seriously, I'd appreciate it if you didn't use that WTTS tagline.  Some of us find it offensive to our beloved Corps, and think the shitbird who wrote the book Jarhead (that's now a movie) making that tagline popular these days should be tarred and feathered.  Or worse, much worse.
Rakasan
+7|6837|California, USA
A knife, what you bring that for?
Y'all are in the blast radius of my detonating C4.
=|Q-BRT|=
+6|6843|[GER]_BERLIN

bluehavoc8686 wrote:

the other day i was in a knife fight with this one guy in a wide-open parking lot after we both ran out of ammo for our primary and secondary weapons (thanks to jumping like crazy) and his sniper buddy came up to us. the guy was cool though because he waited his turn for us to finish and once i killed the other guy, he engaged me. it was  a blast until their noobish team mate blasted me with a G3. all three of us were saying: totally lame man. i love a good knife fight. i know i'll get in trouble for saying this, but i thought that the old knife/pistol servers rocked before they were all banned.
thats exactly how i feel, i love knife fight and i never interfeer into it.
yea closing the knife/pistol servers had been the worst idea ever !!
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6824|St. Louis, MO

DriftX wrote:

Okay, ever find yourself in a situation where you're in a 1v1 knife fight with someone and one of the following happens:

a) He gives up on knifing you and takes out a pistol/gun and shoots you to death
b) Another one of his teammates kills you with a pistol/gun/vehicle/whatever

What do you guys think of this?

IMO I don't think this is very honorable. Whenever I am engaged in a knife fight all I do is just duke it out and see who wins. I never take out a pistol/gun, and if I'm passing by 2 people in a knife fight, I won't interefere unless the enemy takes out my teammate, THEN I will rush in. Many times I have been deep into a knife fight with no apparant winner, and all of a sudden, someone else from the other team rolls up with a gun and shoots me. I find this very annoying and not very honorable
If you bring a knife to a gun fight what do you expect?To someone else your just 2 easy points.

Last edited by YoBabysDaddy (2005-10-11 00:29:52)

pinky_81
+1|6790|Denmark
If I try to knife a guy and I can se my plans are about to be busted - I'll swith to primary if I have time... I don't expect the guy to stand up and pull a knife either.

I only stay away from shooting into a knife fight because I don't want to TK my friend(s) - If my buddy goes down I'll spray the enemy until he bleeds... Don't expect me to close my eyes and count to 10!!

I like to survive in the game - If you knife me you might deserve the respect (you either outsmarted me or I just made a mistake)... But you choose to go with the knife - Then you better make sure I don't see you first...

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6785|Perth, Western Australia
I dont think that there is really any point in having an honourable knife fight, and most people do not expect it to be so, just as it is not honourable to knife someone in the back....
McCullough
+7|6838
Whenever i trie to knife someone (not the snipers) in the field often one of these things happens.
1. the guy blows me to the skyes with his "n00btube".
2. He sprays me with bullets.
But if the guy i'm about to knife pulls out his knife to. He has my respect.
Chard
+1|6832|Christchurch, New Zealand
i was at all nighter a we while ago and me and mates were playing online in the same sever then about 4 in the morning someone yells "Paddles!!!!!" and me and my mates started using paddles and knifes it was awesome!! Eventully we got everyone using knifes and paddles (apart from some noobs who through they could get easy points). But they sucked and got killed 5 times before they could even get a kill in. Its so funny when you paddle/knife someone with their gun out!!!

Also when i'm running around in buildings i usally pull out my knife cause its easy to get kills
karto
I keed :P
+0|6774
Sorry man, but your "knifehonour" seems pretty absurd to me. I'd probably be pissed if I found out we lost a flag because some guy decided to be "honourable" about it and give the opponent a chance (say using a knife instead of a gun).
If we are talking about servers dedicated to it, it is of course quite different. As long as you keep those knife/pistol servers unranked mind you ;-)
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6785|Perth, Western Australia
On a side note what is so bad about the knife/pistol only servers. I have never played on one, or seen one for that mater, but why the big crackdown on them. The only reason i could see is that u get ur badges faster. Whoop dee doo
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6844|Bryan/College Station, TX

SharkyMcshark wrote:

On a side note what is so bad about the knife/pistol only servers. I have never played on one, or seen one for that mater, but why the big crackdown on them. The only reason i could see is that u get ur badges faster. Whoop dee doo
That's exactly why they were shut down. Went against the concept of getting badges the hard and legite way in a combat map that included all weapon usage. Many people didn't like that. Many people got expert pistol and knife badges and also stat padded healing, revives and support. It was bad all around.

But yes they were fun. Nothing is stopping someone from having a Knife and Pistol Only server that is unranked. If people truely liked that server for the game play and not to pad stat and get badges then they should already exist out there. If they don't then obviously most people liked it only for the points and badges.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6839|Munich, Germany
in some way i wish it would be a habit of most ppl to go for a honorable kniofe fight instead of only looking at the points, also would give me more practice with the knife

i once was sniping on dragon 32 above the 1st flag towards the chinese base, on the high road. a spec ops came from behind and tryed to knife me but i heard him. i jumped up and puled my knife but that pussy switched to his G36C and i was toast. no flag defense or anything else involved, only 2 guys on a high road.
of course i wouldnt go to my knife in the middle of karkand but when i know there arent any more ppl around and its really only 1vs1 its honorable to fight with equal weapons (killing a sniper with your automatic rifle isnt hard at all).
spon
+2|6844|San Jose, CA
Whenever I knife a guy, I "take his picture" (screenshot) and post them on my website.

http://www.ponfamily.com/scott/battlefield/sliver.asp
http://www.ponfamily.com/scott/battlefi … ifings.asp

Last edited by spon (2005-10-11 10:09:40)

Locarno
Boom!Headshot?
+2|6841|Scotland!
Damn... I've NEVER been in a knife fight in BF2.  But I would love to be.

I can relate it to CS : S though, it's a gutter when you're 1 v 1 knifing, and some noob comes along at Boom headshots you.

I gotta start trying to knife people more often, my problem is, when i see someone that is knifable, i get all excited and can't find the knife... So i whip out medi-packs, handguns, rifles... everything but the knife.. then i get spotted.. and owned.
sniper7.xw
+1|6774
ok, personally i love a good ol' knife fight, i never miss an opprotunity to knife someone (as i have 200 of 'em ). Having someone interfeer with a knife fight just burns me, i hate it, they're a big pussy in my book. Sure a person might not get the message at first and nail ya with a couple bullets, but if they pull out their knife, good for them .

and as far as knife/pistol servers go, i had no idea that they were banned from ranked servers! WTF IS THAT! i love those servers, when i go in there, it has to be the most fun i ever have in a game. yea yea you get your badges faster oh boy go you, now im not gonna lie, i loooooove the awards but i wouldn't go into those servers for the badges, i just friggin' love 'em!
Adonlude
+2|6779
This type of nonsense is perfectly acceptable in an unranked server where players are willing but you have no buisness pulling knives out on a ranked server and complaining when you get shot. Ranked servers are for battles to rage following only the rules of war and of the game. Making players feel obligated to follow your personal set of rules on a ranked server is not only lame but agianst ranked server policy.
Lawk
+2|6774
Kill or be killed.
WormGuts
+17|6794|Dayton, Ohio
does getting shot while knife fighting frustrate you because you don't have your knife badge yet?

i know that it did for me before i got mine.  now i've learned to accept it.  still find it annoying but i've learned to just rub my shiny little knife badge and move on.
Lawk
+2|6774
doesn't frustrate me, im too busy tank whoring to try for my knife badge yet!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard