nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5620|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
https://www.humanevents.com/images/skousen.JPG

This is insanity.

WTH are these people doing???

According to census estimates, there are 12 states with fewer than 1.75 million people.

So the amount of money representing this year’s deficits would be enough to make every person in any one of those states a millionaire if it were surplus dollars. It’s enough to make millionaires of all the residents of two states if we only counted the least populous 6 states.

Or, to state it in its proper context, you could create a big wheel with Idaho, Maine, New Hampshire, Hawaii, Rhode Island, Montana, Delaware, South Dakota, Alaska, North Dakota, Vermont and Wyoming on it, then spin the wheel and demand a million dollars from every single person in the state it lands on... and still not have enough to get the budget to balance.
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6557|San Diego, CA, USA
Democrats are in charge...they know best.  /boggle
nickb64
We're F'ing screwed.

Crap

OH SHI-
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6389|MN
It's my neighborhoods fault.  My neighbor was fired from lost his job and I was told by my neighborhood coalition to pay $100 to help him pay for his house.  Now they are telling me to fork over another $50 to pay for his car payments.  He can't let his 2008 Yukon Denali go back to the bank.  He has 3 kids to haul around and a boat to pull as well.  Can't sell the boat because he needs it to take the kids fishing and waterskiing at their weekend camper on the lake.  We couldn't possibly have them change their lifestyle.

So, in order to pay for this we had to put a few things on the credit card.  We couldn't change the way we are spending money either.  We need to keep our 2 cell phones, satelite tv, internet, health club, golf club, etc. 

Next I think we will tap into our mortgage equity.  That should float us till the kids start working and paying some of the bills.

Note:  Funny that the chart shows a decrease in the deficit for the couple years prior to 2012, and then starts going up again.  Very interesting.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6725|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Unless I'm reading the chart wrong, he's going to spend more in one year than Bush spent in about 6 or 7 years. /boggle
nickb64
He also has apparently added more debt in under 100 days than all 43 other presidents combined.

I do not have a source to back that up.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6420|'Murka

It's Bush's fault.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6546|Long Island, New York
How can they tell what the deficit will be like in 2013-'17?

2009-2012 I can see why, but 1) I don't see HOW they can figure out what the Budget will be like in what will most likely be Obama's second term and 2) Why it suddenly shoots back up after a steady decline.

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-05-04 03:09:02)

FEOS
+1,182|6420|'Murka

Poseidon wrote:

How can they tell what the deficit will be like in 2013-'17?

2009-2012 I can see why, but 1) I don't see HOW they can figure out what the Budget will be like in what will most likely be Obama's second term and 2) Why it suddenly shoots back up after a steady decline.
1) Budgetary projections based on enduring programs/entitlements, tied to a projected inflationary factor.

2) Bills coming due on initiatives started in previous fiscal years.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6115|eXtreme to the maX
I blame whoever was running the country for the last eight years.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

Dilbert_X wrote:

I blame unregulated capitalism ...

Both Communism and Capitalism in it's purest forms have shown its worth ... none of them works very well ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6502|N. Ireland
We're in a recession and we're budgeting for a deficit. How else do you think we'll get out of this? What's done is done, now it's time to get out of this hole.

Varegg - you're right. A regulated body looking over capitalism is something that I would welcome. And I'd consider myself neo-classical, too.
FEOS
+1,182|6420|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

Because they're the ones who generated the 1+ trillion dollar deficit in the last 100 days?

Makes perfect sense.
― Albert Einstein

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6640|Finland

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Because they're the ones who generated the 1+ trillion dollar deficit in the last 100 days?

Makes perfect sense.
Because they're the ones laying the foundation for having to generate a 1+ trillion dollar deficit in the last 100 days.

Makes perfect sense.

In laymans terms: It's like getting a fucked up 1981 rustbucket of an Oldsmobile as a hand-me-down. Sure, you got it for free, but in order to get it working again you'll need to dig deep in your wallet.
I need around tree fiddy.
FEOS
+1,182|6420|'Murka

DonFck wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Makes perfect sense.
Because they're the ones laying the foundation for having to generate a 1+ trillion dollar deficit in the last 100 days.

Makes perfect sense.

In laymans terms: It's like getting a fucked up 1981 rustbucket of an Oldsmobile as a hand-me-down. Sure, you got it for free, but in order to get it working again you'll need to dig deep in your wallet.
If you believe that, I've got some oceanfront property in the southwestern US to sell you.
― Albert Einstein

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6640|Finland

FEOS wrote:

DonFck wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Makes perfect sense.

Makes perfect sense.

If you believe that, I've got some oceanfront property in the southwestern US to sell you.
No thanks, already bought some from this nice Nigerian fellow who emailed me about it. Besides, it's soon going to be in Mexico anyway.

So, you think that the recession magically happened and Obama is to blame? Try former governments, lobbyists, corporations and banks. Now the breakdown caused by the illusion of money that didn't exist needs to be fixed with money that does. Globally.
Varegg
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

FEOS wrote:

DonFck wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Makes perfect sense.

Makes perfect sense.

Donnies statement makes perfect sense to me tbh ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FEOS
+1,182|6420|'Murka

Varegg wrote:

FEOS wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Makes perfect sense.

Of course it does...if you just swallow Democrat talking points and don't actually examine the root causes of the problem...which has been done ad nauseum already.

The short-term only memory problem on this forum is annoying.
― Albert Einstein

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6640|Finland

FEOS wrote:

Varegg wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Of course it does...if you just swallow Democrat talking points and don't actually examine the root causes of the problem...which has been done ad nauseum already.

No, I remember the good times of credit and spending in the 80's quite well. That turned out nicely in 1991.
Varegg
+2,206|6819|Nårvei

DonFck wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Varegg wrote:

No, I remember the good times of credit and spending in the 80's quite well. That turned out nicely in 1991.
Very much so ... I lost my job back then due to the same amount of unregulated capitalism that caused this crisis we now face so I guess nothing is wrong with neither Donnies nor my short or long time memory.

Luckily Norway turned away from raw unregulated capitalism and merged into a socially based capitalism with more conscience and that pays off today, we handles todays crisis much better than any other country I can think of.

So to you FEOS ... the one track single minded thoughts of some forum members is really getting annoying
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6556|the best galaxy
I think the figures show the effect of the "taxpayers rescues corporations" plan clearly.
I hope the taxpayers get some profit in return in the future.
Those Wall Street guys have powerfull jobs. Their decisions affect us all.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477
Isn't government spending what got us out of the Great Depression?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5594

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

No world war 2 did.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6337

LividBovine wrote:

I was told by my neighborhood coalition to pay $100 to help him pay for his house.
Neighborhood coalition?

I guess the idea is to help each other out when NEEDED, but I mean, if he has fancy cars, boats and shit that he doesn't have paid off, you aren't really helping him AT ALL. Because, the money you gave him, very much likely only paid the interest on his loan, it probably didn't help in actually paying for the vehicle...

Which, is exactly how our system works...We're only paying off what we owe the 'bank' in interest
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6477

Macbeth wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

No world war 2 did.
WW2 was government spending. We could have thrown those tanks into the water and still have the same effect. Heck we would have been better off if there was that kind of spending but no war because of how much industry was destroyed in Europe.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard