notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6770|The United Center
After flipping through some of the threads on here, I definitely miss that game.

Just out of curiosity, how active is the game now?  As in...are there still a lot of people playing it?  Is it still fun or is it mostly griefers?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6655|949

notorious wrote:

After flipping through some of the threads on here, I definitely miss that game.

Just out of curiosity, how active is the game now?  As in...are there still a lot of people playing it?  Is it still fun or is it mostly griefers?
Still a lot of US servers, although about 85% are IO (and of those about 95% are Karkand).  From someone who's played the game since the beginning, my opinion is that the gameplay is a little better (as in not as many noobs), but it's still the internatz and you will come across a few retards here and there.  I haven't played in about a week or so but its still a lot of fun for me.
1con
---
+6|6248|beach, USA
Still play nightly.  Server count is a lot lower, and player count on said servers is lower.  Its still fun, once you find a server you like.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5722
AF/EF is pretty much dead. Only very few SF servers(TSC or TCS died 2 years ago).
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

12/f/taiwan wrote:

AF/EF is pretty much dead. Only very few SF servers(TSC or TCS died 2 years ago).
That actually sucks...a lot.

AF was probably my favorite part of all BF2.  The Little Bird was devastating and was a hell of a lot of fun to fly...as were the bombers.  After AF, SF was my favorite bit to play, especially since I have such little time left to get the last two SF medals.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6716
I tired to connect to a couple of servers and it says I have modified content. Fuck me I don't want to go through the re-install process.

What's the patch/installation order for BF2, Special Forces, Ef/AF? I forgot.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2009-04-29 13:59:45)

Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6351

There are good SF server running still. It's mostly what I play. Chicken Shack runs a Warlord vehicles server, TBU (When its not crashed by hackers) runs a great Ghost Town I/O, {DAM} runs a good Surge/Mass Destruction/Iron Gator server and also a Warlord I/O, Army of Death runs a great Warlord I/O server as well.  HBD runs a Ghost Town vehicles server, Skunkworks clan also runs a Ghost town vehicles server.

So you see, there is much fun to be had in Special Forces still, and this is all after midnight, when I play
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
.:i7|Batman
Banned
+27|5524| - | - | - | - | - |

notorious wrote:

12/f/taiwan wrote:

That actually sucks...a lot.

AF was probably my favorite part of all BF2.  The Little Bird was devastating and was a hell of a lot of fun to fly...as were the bombers.  After AF, SF was my favorite bit to play, especially since I have such little time left to get the last two SF medals.
The Little Bird still is pretty fun in AIX2.0 (google it, its not bad) but otherwise it's upsetting to see SF dying =[
13/f/taiwan
+940|5722

Superior Mind wrote:

I tired to connect to a couple of servers and it says I have modified content. Fuck me I don't want to go through the re-install process.

Install BF2/SF>Patch to 1.41; Install EF/AF>Patch to 1.41.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6296
Do it. I didnt play BF2 for 4 months and when i picked it up again, i loved every minute of it. Haven't came across many idiots fortunately, but as someone said above, its still the internets.

buy it again-its like 5$ in the USA
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6668
do it! its awsm! yeah I didnt play for like 2 years then started playing again
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6716

12/f/taiwan wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Alright. When I get it all working we should play a game together.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6477|The Twilight Zone
its addictive...
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6351

12/f/taiwan wrote:

I seem to remember, the order was to patch BF2 after install, then install SF, then patch again. For some reason this was the way it worked best?
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6335

Or you buy the entire BF2 collection and it includes Patch 1.41 on the disk
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6582|Hungary
Cool!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6716

ebug9 wrote:

Or you buy the entire BF2 collection and it includes Patch 1.41 on the disk
I already own everything.
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5743|Gulf Coast

I've started playing again too, after a year off it's still a lot of fun.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6351

Whoever karm'd me about the patch, I'd say its working out pretty good. I'm still running 1.5 and 1.41. I notice quite the difference with the hitboxes (When I'm playing with default settings on 1.41 that is) I haven't bothered testing the jet balancing because I'm not much of a jet person.

Also, Tmo, consider you'll have a new map to play on vanilla. Operation Blue Pearl is a lot of fun. I played 3-4 rounds on it. With vehicles, and I/O. There are a lot of places to hide, you can get up on a lot of roofs also. The canals and water ways are fun to take a boat through. CQC is pretty good. Armor and apc's are not dominating because of the limited spaces they can travel.

Once they sort out the landing issue, it should be a very balanced map.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6867|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Two words

Project
and
Reality
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5955|Somewhere out in Space

Sydney wrote:

Two words

Project
and
Reality
Two words

Walk
and
Simulator
Oisín | Irishpride
Banned
+118|5618|Dublin, Ireland
AWM: Spam

Your post is considered spam. Please refrain from posting that kind of content.

notorious wrote:

BF2s mods don't play BF2, don't be silly.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6655|949

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

notorious wrote:

I play all the time.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.

Oisín | Irishpride wrote:

notorious wrote:

I've played over 1000 hours.
$tayGold
Be Eazy!
+10|5555|USA
bf2 is so fun, just need to find the good servers, they are out there. I suggest getting it again for sure man. Hands down my favorite game for pc.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard