BudRell
+2|6837|Home
PB does not ban you by CD-Key. The CD-Key is only ONE PART of the identification PB uses.

Don't think that PB coders are complete idiots. They can type the code and think at the same time. That's 50% more than casual players can do.

Yes, LAN-cards are really cheap but there are LANs that are integrated on motherboards.
If you get a ban with that kind of hardware, you'll have to buy a new MB....and because of that you have to format your HD (boot partition as minimum) and make a fresh install of Win XP..).
coldtoast
+12|6618|uk
is it just me, am i the only 1 to see this ? ? ?  wtf
http://bf2s.com/player/49562902/
BudRell
+2|6837|Home
Do you mean the stats padding ? Oh yes, there still are those...
Kontrolfreq
+50|6604|Cambridge UK

BudRell wrote:

How does it feel to shoot someone from behind a building, from half map, with MG, on a foggy map, thru a wall and when the target is lying down ?
If he was indeed behind a building and a long way away, how can you be sure it was him that hit you? If you were prone you wouldn't be able to see the shooter, due to the wall and building seperating you... doesn't make any sense!

Last edited by Kontrolfreq (2006-04-06 09:08:01)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6620|Mhz

PB bans are based on your GUID (anyone who uses clanbase or anything like it knows what im talking about), which is LOSELY based around your CD-Key (thats how it garuntees theyre all unique identifiers) Whoever said they had to buy a new pc coz they got banned is just plain dumb, at worst you'll need a new copy of BF2 with a new cd key.

Single server bans have little to nothing to do with PB, its 99.9% of the time just a twat admin kicking/banning, all he's done is bunged in a consol command that tells PB to get rid of you, hense the message you get from punk buster, as opposed to the "you were kickd as a result of a sucessful kick vote / admin decision" you get on some servers.

If PB does detect you as hacking by itself, it'll get investigated and after that you'll get GUID banned from every server running PB, you'll join and poof your off again as soon as it checks your GUID against the list of cheaters.
sh1tlips
+1|6603|Brisbane QLD
what hacks? I know of a couple of wall hacks (karkand) but they are glitches which EA needs to fix. there are no other hacks.

having said that, EA needs to fix the insta prone/kill thing. apparently that is a programmable mouse (Logitech MX1000 ?) thing which is indeed a cheat not really a hack. on a plain mouse and kboard setup you cannot recreate that and its unfair game play.
numbnuts
+2|6614

sh1tlips wrote:

what hacks? I know of a couple of wall hacks (karkand) but they are glitches which EA needs to fix. there are no other hacks.

having said that, EA needs to fix the insta prone/kill thing. apparently that is a programmable mouse (Logitech MX1000 ?) thing which is indeed a cheat not really a hack. on a plain mouse and kboard setup you cannot recreate that and its unfair game play.
I was commander once and saw someone jump from the building north of the hotel building and then was inside hotel building itself. im probably well known for warning everyone over and over and most keep away from it and go for the other flags and win, but some insist on being killed by a wall.
PRiMACORD
+190|6625|Home of the Escalade Herds
Good thing i fly choppers mostly, no hacks for that shit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard