Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6839|Reykjavík, Iceland.
So, as soon as Hitler died, they should have just dropped all the investigations on the gas chambers and just forget about the holocaust?

Might be a bit more extreme, but it's the same principle.
mikkel
+383|6597

Macbeth wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Time for everyone to just let it go. Bush is no longer President we have a democrat in the whitehouse now and we're trying to fix our mutual problem the best we can.
Nobody was held accountable for the torture of the Spanish citizens. If it were us citizens tortured by Spain, I'd be a million dollars you would be up in arms claiming that should be prosecuted.

You can't brush torture under the carpet just because the next govt. is in office.
We are trying to make things right. Let us handle our own you'll get back your Spaniards. Don't try to punish us for what we did, we'll do it ourselves.
Evidently not doing it well enough.
Lai
+186|6147
Spain has not contributed anything of significance to the world since queen Isabella, period.
palasateneas
+1|5512
Hi I am half a spaniard, technicaly we do have the right to prosecute if the crimes were not prosecuted in the country where it occured, its written in our constitution, the Spanish state ha the obligation to defend it citizens where ever they are. Personaly I do think its a bit out of bounds.
palasateneas
+1|5512
Lal sorry to bust your bubble, but we fucked Napoleon up realy bad, 50% of his troops were stationed here. We also participated through fascist and democratic batallions in the second world war.
Lai
+186|6147

palasateneas wrote:

Lal sorry to bust your bubble, but we fucked Napoleon up realy bad, 50% of his troops were stationed here. We also participated through fascist and democratic batallions in the second world war.
1. You didn't fuck up Napoleon, you fucked up his incompetent brother. Napoleon could have settled the peninsular wars, had he gone himself. He actually would have done so, but didn't because Marie Louise begged him not to go so he could be there when their child was born and he didn't consider Spain important or big enough a threat to leave out on them.

2. Most of the credit of any achievements on the coalition side during the peninsular wars, should be given to the Duke of Wellington, followed by the Portugese. The Spanish regiments, though known to have achieved some remarkable successes at some occasions, were also known to fail needlessly and  miserably at others. As such their performance was wholly inconsistent, making that as an army they sucked as they could not at all be relied upon.

3. Spain, though neutral, allowed Hitler's Luftwaffe to test his plains on some villages,.. the courage!

4. I'm not saying all Spanish are wussies, I have no doubt some have made a worthy contribution to events during WWII etc. However, collectively, as a country, nothing significant has been achieved for ages.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6577|SE London

Lai wrote:

palasateneas wrote:

1. You didn't fuck up Napoleon, you fucked up his incompetent brother. Napoleon could have settled the peninsular wars, had he gone himself. He actually would have done so, but didn't because Marie Louise begged him not to go so he could be there when their child was born and he didn't consider Spain important or big enough a threat to leave out on them.

2. Most of the credit of any achievements on the coalition side during the peninsular wars, should be given to the Duke of Wellington, followed by the Portugese. The Spanish regiments, though known to have achieved some remarkable successes at some occasions, were also known to fail needlessly and  miserably at others. As such their performance was wholly inconsistent, making that as an army they sucked as they could not at all be relied upon.

3. Spain, though neutral, allowed Hitler's Luftwaffe to test his plains on some villages,.. the courage!

4. I'm not saying all Spanish are wussies, I have no doubt some have made a worthy contribution to events during WWII etc. However, collectively, as a country, nothing significant has been achieved for ages.
You left out the Russians....

People always forget about the Russians.
Lai
+186|6147

Bertster7 wrote:

Lai wrote:

palasateneas wrote:

You left out the Russians....

People always forget about the Russians.
Lol, I don't think I personally can ever forget about the Russians

That said, while they were a the major factor in the Napoleonic wars, they were not heavily involved in the peninsular wars, at least not to my knowledge.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6515|Πάϊ

Macbeth wrote:

Fuck Spain
No fuck you.
ƒ³
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6660|NT, like Mick Dundee

Spain, is it really relevant anymore?
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6515|Πάϊ
get behind me satan

what do you mean?
ƒ³
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6660|NT, like Mick Dundee

Just a joke about all the people ragging on Spain's history.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6763

Flecco wrote:

Spain, is it really relevant anymore?
Of course it is. Crimes have potentially been committed.
NantanCochise
+55|5974|Portugal/United States
I think Portugal should than prosecute Spain for the constant Social/Political/Environmental and Business Corruption activities perpetrated on a daily basis.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard