Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6593|The Land of Scott Walker
Nice wheel work Waltrip.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721
These cats arent holding back early, are they?  hehe
I watched the early 'big one' then dozed off...
I wake to find the 20 out front...I had a nice chuckle hehe
Stingray24
Edwards almost did a backflip in his car!  Congrats to Keselowski and Junior for 2nd.  Awesome race!  And haw haw at Kyle getting wrecked and not being a factor.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721
unbelievable...

love it for Brad, and in Finch's car lololol   

you just never know at Dega, huh?  hehe
Stingray24
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721

Stingray24 wrote:

Whoops.  18 mo w/ the Feds. 

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009042 … /904289983
Indeed, and a fairly substantial restitution payment I heard...something like 25k, plus payment of the taxes...like another 75k-ish.  Morgan Mclure is based in Abingdon Va. , about 20 minutes up the road from me.

The man has done a lot for his community, but that doesnt excuse what he did.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721
oh great....

5 minutes into practice and Juan Pablo puts the 88 into the fence...

may I scream now?  hehe
Stingray24
Ok seriously, I have to wait for a stupid baseball game to finish to see NASCAR?

Walked in the winning run, we wasted all this time for that crap.  Now let's see some NASCAR!

Last edited by Stingray24 (2009-05-02 16:24:49)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6769|London, England
So I decided to put GT5:Prologue back into the PS3 after a Hiatus, and I ended up doing a race on Daytona with lots of fast hard cars, and It made me appreciate or perhaps re-appreciate just how tense and nerve wracking it can be at times. Contrary to popular belief it's not as simple as holding down the accelerator and turning around the curve, and when you mix into it the fact that small things can fuck you up hard and its always a fine line between you and insta retirement, and how close it all can be, well, Oval racing is more than meets the eye. Especially when you have to make decisions on overtaking, I love taking the outside route and going past the barriers at speeds near 200mph with only millimetres separating my car and the wall of spectacular crashes (except GT5P it isn't so spectacular but use imagination damnit)

and wow this track is tiny that I'm watching right now, one of the smallest oval's I've seen.

My only complaint is that GT5:P seems to make the benefit of riding the draft bigger than it actually is

Not to mention the engineering aspects of it all. Those engines must be something else to run so full on the throttle for such long amounts of time, and the brakes

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-05-02 18:30:42)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721
Not as simple as it looks, huh?  hehe

aye, richmond is but .75 mile in length...but its fast

glad your side of the pond cant appreciate the intricacies of this...sorta... hehe  :p

so much for the 48's chances tonight (damnit)

88 just punted the 31...lovely night...simply lovely...
Stingray24
Junior just said sorry ... all is forgiven ... maybe.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721

Stingray24 wrote:

Junior just said sorry ... all is forgiven ... maybe.
yeah, Jeff is a pretty understanding kinda guy too...no doubt little E didnt intend to dump'im.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6769|London, England
I'm gonna find and download the Talladega (sp) race for this season, I didn't watch it. Apparently it's the most insane circuit
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721
" The big one " 3 times this year

yeah, it was one hell of a race, you should absolutely watch it.  Its not over untill about 200m before the line...

you wanna look at the engineering aspect of this, look at how these cars are built...see what the 99 does on the last lap...its phenomenal...
Stingray24
Happy b-day Kyle, hope your cake explodes
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721
Do I Really need to comment on the outcome of last nights race?

*gag*
Stingray24
Kyle smacked the wall and Mark Martin won ... all in all a greeeeat night.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721
In record fashion the 31 team of RCR wins the Pit Crew Challenge with an event record of 22.115 seconds.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlin … index.html

Obviously, a 22.115 during a race will get you stomped...get your crew chief pissed, and your driver lots and lots of spots lost on track.  Race pit times are low to mid 13's...maybe even high 12's.

Congratulations to the 31 team.  Glad to see RCR getting some glory.  Very glad the Red Bull teams not doing as well as last year.
Stingray24
Congrats to Tony on the all star win!  Oh and up yours, Kyle.  How ya like that shit w/ the Chevy passing your punk ass?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721
yeah...I'll tell ya what, I am thrilled for that whole Stewart-Haas organization.  Gene Haas has been around this sport for lots of years, and even with Hendrick equipment they couldnt accomplish shit...it was a struggle to stay in the top 35.  A struggle they failed at often.
As far as Tony is concerned, I couldnt be happier tbh.  I like Tony, always have.  My wife picked him in his rookie season to do great things (like win races and Cups) and that he did.  She was in tears watching the last couple laps last night.  It was great.
For all of Tony's mouth at times, and his 'outspoken' attitude, he really did the right thing last night by calling his organization for all the credit.  That was class imo.  Other drivers do it, but its almost like its a requirement...last night, Tony sounded like he meant it.

Both of those cars are running very well, its a credit to the whole team, not just the 2 toch calibre drivers they found themselves with this year.

Ryan and Tony will win again this year, no doubt in my mind...I think this is just the shot they needed to break the final straw and start winning points races.

Alan Kulwicki, anyone? 
Wouldnt that be awesome?
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6721
Reutiman?  lol 
Nah, I shouldnt laugh, he's been running fairly well this year...and lets face it, it wasnt Kyle-fucking-Busch (yay hehe)

Strategy play...but a win is a win.

Grats to MWR and David.

only win they will get this year imo.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard