Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5922|Catherine Black
Got an interview on the 7th. For McDonald's
Tips would be greatly appreciated, also if anyone has had an interview with them, what questions do they ask?

Cheeeeeeers.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6457|New Haven, CT
Can you breathe?

You say yes, and they hire you.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5676|Toronto

nukchebi0 wrote:

Can you breathe?

He's almost got it entirely. You also need to be able to remember your own name.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6659|South Florida

Pochsy wrote:

nukchebi0 wrote:

Can you breathe?

He's almost got it entirely. You also need to be able to remember your own name.
and be able to almost spell it enough for your manager to comprehend
15 more years! 15 more years!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6633|so randum
gl, apparently the pay isnt actually bad for a part time job

and mitch shut up, you worked at subway ffs
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FatherTed wrote:

£5.75 for the job I'm going in for. £4.30 for the burger flippin'.

Also, could we keep this thread relatively free of McJob bashing, this is my first 'real' job, so I'd actually like some serious replies.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6445

Wear something nice and try not to avoid eye contact with the person interviewing you.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6633|so randum
Good luck then. My first part time payed £3.80.

Though on balence, my next payed £9.40

Oh, and McDs actually have a pretty decent staff support thingo, free gym, classes, discounts at tons of places etc.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6457|New Haven, CT
Sorry for the non-serious answer, but they aren't really going to ask you complex questions, which was the point I was making.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2009-04-25 14:21:22)

Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5676|Toronto
Alright then, as long as you are not flipping burgers I'll support it.

Confidence is key. Try not to stutter, instead take the few seconds of silence it may take to speak clearly. I'm guessing you won't have a tonne of skill sets you will be able to play up, seeing as this is your first job, but try your best to accentuate strong points and speak briefly (one or two sentences) if asked directly about weaknesses.

Confidence.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6671|Long Island, New York
Tell 'em you love getting greasy.
tuckergustav
+1,590|6047|...

They will want to know that you can make it to work on time and stay on task while you are there.

BTW:  Good Luck!

Last edited by tuckergustav (2009-04-25 14:38:11)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Customer Care Assistant

As a Customer Care Assistant, think of yourself as the face of your restaurant. In a nutshell, you'll deal with customers and make sure everything runs as it should in the customer areas. Activities include making children feel welcome, handing out balloons, looking after customers' specific needs, keeping high standards of cleanliness in the dining area and toilets and helping to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It's your responsibility to establish and maintain positive communication with customers at all times and to keep the manager informed about customer satisfaction.

You may also take part in the planning and implementation of children's parties, coffee mornings, children's competitions and other special events organised by your restaurant.
That's my job, Pochsy.

@Tucker, ty.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6627|N. Ireland
Finray handing out balloons to kids .. one step away from a pedophile, I think.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

kylef wrote:

Finray handing out balloons to kids .. one step away from a pedophile, I think.
What's a pedophile?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6623|Gogledd Cymru

Like you've never spelt anything wrong...
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

The Sheriff wrote:

Like you've never spelt anything wrong...
Pedophile = Americans
Paedophile = Proper.

I wouldn't mind if he spelt it wrongly, but still had the a in..
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6604
Don't overdress for the interview, it's fucking Maccy D's.

Don't be overly serious- just be yourself and be sincere about your skillset and your work-ethic. Don't gun for the 'ideal worker' image when you're realistically shooting for a part-time student role; they'll see straight through the hyperbole and rhetoric and will probably laugh at you when you leave the room. Just be straight, honest, kind and well-mannered and don't give any indication that you will be a poor representative of the franchise.

Also Finray your English is mostly fucking terrible, so shut the fuck up and live by your own example.

Last edited by Uzique (2009-04-25 15:40:12)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6633|so randum
that was actually a fairly nice post uzikins
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,976|6765|949

Finray wrote:

Customer Care Assistant

As a Customer Care Assistant, think of yourself as the face of your restaurant. In a nutshell, you'll deal with customers and make sure everything runs as it should in the customer areas. Activities include making children feel welcome, handing out balloons, looking after customers' specific needs, keeping high standards of cleanliness in the dining area and toilets and helping to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere. It's your responsibility to establish and maintain positive communication with customers at all times and to keep the manager informed about customer satisfaction.

You may also take part in the planning and implementation of children's parties, coffee mornings, children's competitions and other special events organised by your restaurant.
So the majority of your time will be wiping up the messes of slobs, both as it goes in and once it comes out.  Good luck
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6778

Finray wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

£5.75 for the job I'm going in for. £4.30 for the burger flippin'.

Also, could we keep this thread relatively free of McJob bashing, this is my first 'real' job, so I'd actually like some serious replies.
hahaha burger flipping rolf but yeah good luck man ull do fine just be like I like Mcdonalds and ull get hired
Banksey
Banksey Says: Chew, don't choke :)
+12|5619|Ireland
Just answer 42 to everything and you won't have to worry about a thing

But yeah I worked in Mc D's for a short while, the question are pretty straight forward at lease it was for me anyway, nothing to serious. They might throw a scenario or 2 at you like "If a customer is unhappy with there meal what do you do" things like that. Just say call the manager and you basically got the job.

So yeah, just answer nice and professionally as you can, but don't over complex things. And give a nice short quick answer if they throw any scenarios at you. Everything else is straight forward, but as I said. This was for me 2 years ago, times a changin'
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Cheers for all the replies bitchaz.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6901|Tenn
way back in the day i got a job at wendy's. the interview is gonna be more of an accessment of you. we dont have those cc assistants here but they are basically gonna see if your capable of handling the job. if your an inept retard, then i wouldnt bother even going. but if ur a semi-functional human being and arent psychotic you should have no problems
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
4 Days, bricking it, I hate interviews.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard