Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6677
**Note to mods, i searched, never found anything.

Has anyone noticed that AA seems to not do its job anymore after patch 1.21? I was playing wake island last night and was at the first base north of the airfield. I shot at an F-35, shot 4 shots and never hit him. I also think the AA's range was decreased too, i can see a plane on the opposite side of the bay, but yet I get no missle lock. I know of another person that has noticed this too. Has anyone else noticed this?
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6759|Singapore
yea the aa is fricking back to almost what it was like. Just that, it hits 70percent of the time. If i do my maneuveurs, the aa just zooms past me.
deject
Got His War On
+37|6799|Golden, CO
Honestly the AA is much better against helicopters now.  Shooting down jets on the other hand is still hard.  It's generally best to only shoot at a jet when they're moving away from you, i.e.: shoot at their exaust.
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6708|England and damn proud
yup same here, but i aint complaining....  I LOVE IT

Last edited by rustynutz (2006-03-27 15:00:18)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6772|The United Center
they toned down the turning radius on the aa in 1.21.  as for range, that was reduced with 1.2 and as far as i know it wasnt changed in 1.21.
fire1811
+1|6865|Illinois

Ayumiz wrote:

yea the aa is fricking back to almost what it was like. Just that, it hits 70percent of the time. If i do my maneuveurs, the aa just zooms past me.
An that 70% is usually your teams aircraft
Sheep of War
+40|6668
1.2 was perfect in my opinion. It was fair on jets, but maybe a little harsh on choppers. Its back to being impossible to shoot jets down again. Oh well you can't have it all i guess. I'll take shooting down choppers over nothing any day, even though I feel jets need to get their egos tamed a bit.
airborne916
+24|6690
No the 1.2 was not fair on jets. NO MATTER WHAT you cant shakem. Now people have to stop being NOOBS and use the AA right. Like now in jet you have to know when to fire and when not to same goes for AA.

did YOU SEE THE CRAP THE MISSLE DID? I had plenty of the running loops around me or getting shot from a oil well thing.

Last edited by airborne916 (2006-03-27 19:34:31)

7thEs_ChibiKrillin
+3|6689
I've actually been flying a lot lately. The AA is almost perfect. SAM suck because jets fly by to fast but dog fights last about 30 seconds. Which is a lot cooler then the 5+ minutes they used to take with just M.guns. You just need to get a teammate in a jet that will take down the others.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6797|PNW

AA is pretty much handled. If you still can't hit anything with it, you aren't using it right.
washow
Get out of MY JET!!!
+23|6737
you still are fucked if AA fires at you while your dog fighting.. cuz you can't dodge both jet and AA at the same time

pretty balanced i'd say..

noobs get killed but i don't so i love the current AA now
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6754|Louisiana
I still have a hard time killing shit with the AA. Any time I lock on to a plane or helicopter, they shoot off their flares so I can't hit them and get out of range (which isn't very far), then come flying straight at me and blow me up. It's impossible to shoot down anything that's coming straight at you.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6677

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

AA is pretty much handled. If you still can't hit anything with it, you aren't using it right.
You tryin to say i dont know how to use AA? Trust me, theres a problem with it.
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
PRiMACORD
+190|6650|Home of the Escalade Herds
AA tanks need nerf. It's so skillless, all you have to do is point near the nice green box's, spam away and wait for kills...chopper kills that is.

Flares do nothing against them 90% of the time, if you're caught out in the open with an AA tank in view you're dead.

I kinda like it tho, keeps the nubs out of choppers >___>
<b|k> lukie
+7|6747|Germany

PRiMACORD wrote:

[... ]Flares do nothing against them 90% of the time, if you're caught out in the open with an AA tank in view you're dead.[...]
Land vehicles. Smoke do nothing against bombers 100% of the time,  if you're caught almost everywhere with a bomber in the sky you're dead. See? *g*
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6672

908741059871059781 wrote:

1.2 was perfect in my opinion. It was fair on jets, but maybe a little harsh on choppers. Its back to being impossible to shoot jets down again. Oh well you can't have it all i guess. I'll take shooting down choppers over nothing any day, even though I feel jets need to get their egos tamed a bit.
You sir are an idiot. A complete idiot. Jet's are still easy to hit with aa. And choppers don't stand much of a chance unless they flare early and run. And even then they still get hit half the time. 1.2 was broken as all hell(crazy spinning missles) and 1.21 is still broken against choppers.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6782|Hell, p.o box 666

AA in 1.2 was absolutley overpowered. Now it´s balanced but as many of you wrote it´s difficult to kill a jet.

I´ve noticed that the jet missles sometimes kill in one shoot or doenst hit anything. Just thinking of dogfights when I was in F18 after a J10, the other pilot hasnt had anymore flares or even moves that could avoid my missles but none of them hit anything.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6672

fon|sl4y3r wrote:

AA in 1.2 was absolutley overpowered. Now it´s balanced but as many of you wrote it´s difficult to kill a jet.

I´ve noticed that the jet missles sometimes kill in one shoot or doenst hit anything. Just thinking of dogfights when I was in F18 after a J10, the other pilot hasnt had anymore flares or even moves that could avoid my missles but none of them hit anything.
That is because the J-10 is a much faster and smaller jet than the F-18. It's really quite broken in the hands of a good jet pilot.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6759|Singapore

fire1811 wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

An that 70% is usually your teams aircraft
I was behind an aircraft, the missile just zoomed past him wtf? he was chasing my teams aircraft and he aint flaring.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6782|Hell, p.o box 666

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

That is because the J-10 is a much faster and smaller jet than the F-18. It's really quite broken in the hands of a good jet pilot.
Ok, maybe your right... But this also happens when I fly the J10, or I hunt a SU with my F18, F35 blah blah! As mentioned, the other pilots arent really good (I´m talking about flying a straight line to their airbase with me at their tailpiece)... At the moment I kill more jets with my machinegun then witch my missles.

Ayumiz wrote:

I was behind an aircraft, the missile just zoomed past him wtf? he was chasing my teams aircraft and he aint flaring.
Happens all the time to me since 1.21

Last edited by fon|sl4y3r (2006-03-28 00:36:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard