-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6807
I had numerous, varied Punkbuster issues over the past 2 weeks (heartbeats stopped, handshake failure, etc.), so I finally got fed up with it:  I made sure I had the newest files from the evenbalance site, then completely removed punkbuster and the files in both system32 and my bf2/pb folders.  Then I reinstalled Punkbuster, and now, lo and behold, for the past 3 days straight I consistently get kicked for "corrupt file/memory" with [8xxxxx] or [1xxxxx] error codes.

I have deleted the BF2 folder in My Documents, reinstalled Punkbuster with the lastest version, and still "corrupt file/memory".

I have completely uninstalled and removed BOTH (even using a registry cleaner afterwards) BF2 and Punkbuster, followed by a full hard drive defrag, then reinstalled the complete game, patched it, then ran the Punkbuster updates.  "Corrupt file/memory".

I read someone's post online who had had a similar issue and they found out it was just bad RAM.  So I just got done testing each individual stick of my OCZ PC2 8500 DDR2 RAM and with both sticks I got "corrupt file/memory" errors.  Then, I popped in my old Crucial RAM, which worked perfectly fine with BF2 for the 2 years before my upgrade, and I still get "corrupt file/memory".

Any ideas of what else I can try?  Or can I conclude that this is completely Punkbuster's own dumb-ass fault, and not a problem with my machine?    I was kind of getting back into BF2, but this certainly put the brakes on that.  I find it supremely ironic that a program to prevent people from hacking is preventing someone who bought BF2 and every expansion at full price, and who has never used any hacks, from playing...

"Hey, guys, great idea...If our program ensures that absolutely no one can play the game, we can state with 100% certainty that we are preventing anyone from hacking it!!!"

NOTE: My system has had no other stability issues or crashes in games, and I've been playing relatively resource-intensive games lately (DoW II and CoH, both pretty well maxed out graphically).
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
WeBee
+1|6024|Hollola, Winland
I got the same problem since yesterday and im as clueless as you... pisses me the fuck off. Hopefully evenbalance fixes this.
pauli *wsaf
+23|5939
I reformat system drive because of that xD
... didnt help at all lol

but i found a solution...
i accept payment over paypal ;D

...no u can send me utube link for cool songs i could use for movies/listen

so just update FRAPS to 2.9.8 ... 2.9.4 caused the problem

Last edited by pauli *wsaf (2009-04-19 05:14:39)

-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6807
Thanks man...I just figured out that FRAPS was the issue from another forum, and was going to delete this thread, but if other people have this issue they might benefit if it stays...

SO IF YOU HAVE THIS ERROR TRY INSTALLING THE LATEST FRAPS.

Kthnxbai.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard