GorillaKing798
Too legit to quit
+48|6125|Tampa, Florida
Seriosuly bro, If you've got the game take both of em.

Message them both say something along the lines of "Alrite, since you both want me how about we go to the prom together... that is if you can handle this."

If you can't deliver what you're offering then dont do it though. Alternatively just be real with grl one and let her know you just want to be firends if she asks you. Go with girl 2, it probably wont mess up their friendship... and if it does you can end it after you get what you want. Or if you really like her you can stay with her... it's all situational.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas
Update.

Girl1 took it pretty darn well, even offered me girl2's number (which I already have). Of course she mentions some other guy that likes(? dunno) her, but otherwise, success!

<33 bf2s

re ed: just some ex, not even concerned.

Last edited by Bevo (2009-04-19 11:47:41)

ceslayer23
IN YOUR MIRROR
+142|6372|CLOSER THAN I APPEAR

Bevo wrote:

Update.

Girl1 took it pretty darn well, even offered me girl2's number (which I already have). Of course she mentions some other guy that likes(? dunno) her, but otherwise, success!

<33 bf2s
Good one, Chief!
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6777|Cambridge (UK)

Bevo wrote:

Of course she mentions some other guy that likes(? dunno) her
Uh oh.

Way to break someones heart Bevo.
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5559|paris

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Of course she mentions some other guy that likes(? dunno) her
Uh oh.

Way to break someones heart Bevo.
That.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6676|NT, like Mick Dundee

Bevo fucked up.

She's gonna have serious emotional issues in future.

Also, Bevo change your fucking name Bevo is my best mate's nickname and it's really weird seeing it on here all the time.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas

Flecco wrote:

Bevo fucked up.

She's gonna have serious emotional issues in future.

Also, Bevo change your fucking name Bevo is my best mate's nickname and it's really weird seeing it on here all the time.
I'll put it on my to do list

Spoiler (highlight to read):
not

Also <33 guys
Lai
+186|6162

mafia996630 wrote:

Well if you don't know either of them that well, my best advice will be to GO WITH YOUR GUT INSTINCT. Trust me, it works!
Bad idea; the world would be a whole lot better if people did what should instead of what they wanted/felt. If only it was because 50% of the time people don't know what they want/feel.

We don't have proms here in Holland, but from what I know and this:

Bevo wrote:

Not really. I mean they weren't certainly my first choices, but they're both fairly good looking (jailbait etc), they both think I'm good looking, and I'm a year ahead, so they're only really a year below me.
You are socially obliged to have a date, but that doesn't mean it has to be 'serious' right? Because in that case I would indeed ask both. Get them together and explain how bad you feel about the whole affair, then ask them what they think is a good solution and that you are willing to take them both as your date. That way you'll keep it fair and they'll probably appreciate it (if not, they're immature bitches). Asking a third girl is probably the worst you can do, as neither girl will be happy and in fact girl number three might get fucking pissed if she finds out she was your bailout.

Some other advice: at your age, don't go below one year. A difference of one year is ok, one and a half,.. maybe, but two or more is downright pathetic.

Now what have we learned?

NEVER EVER EMPLOY A INTERMEDIARY WHEN DEALING WITH GIRLS!

You should have gotten that in elementary, to be honest.
jsnipy
+3,276|6533|...

OrangeHound wrote:

99.4% of teen friendships will end by age 22 ... so it doesn't really matter whether or not there is an issue.

Ask girl 2 and move on.
That might have been true prior to social networks.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas

Lai wrote:

Some other advice: at your age, don't go below one year. A difference of one year is ok, one and a half,.. maybe, but two or more is downright pathetic.
Hmm, I disagree. It's a prom date, I'm not dating this girl. A difference of < 2 years is marginal really. I should be a grade lower, so by your "rules" I'd be fine anyway.

I'm not sure how carefully you read, but I didn't employ anybody. Girl1 asked my friend to talk about this to me (which I was unaware of, I thought it was just casual chat), and she just relayed back what I said.

Furthermore, being direct and honest kept me safe and out of trouble through this whole situation. So, I reject your condescending advice. Thanks though, really.

Last edited by Bevo (2009-04-19 15:27:58)

Flecco
iPod is broken.

Lai wrote:

mafia996630 wrote:

Well if you don't know either of them that well, my best advice will be to GO WITH YOUR GUT INSTINCT. Trust me, it works!
Bad idea; the world would be a whole lot better if people did what should instead of what they wanted/felt. If only it was because 50% of the time people don't know what they want/feel.

We don't have proms here in Holland, but from what I know and this:

Bevo wrote:

Not really. I mean they weren't certainly my first choices, but they're both fairly good looking (jailbait etc), they both think I'm good looking, and I'm a year ahead, so they're only really a year below me.
You are socially obliged to have a date, but that doesn't mean it has to be 'serious' right? Because in that case I would indeed ask both. Get them together and explain how bad you feel about the whole affair, then ask them what they think is a good solution and that you are willing to take them both as your date. That way you'll keep it fair and they'll probably appreciate it (if not, they're immature bitches). Asking a third girl is probably the worst you can do, as neither girl will be happy and in fact girl number three might get fucking pissed if she finds out she was your bailout.

SRS BSNS
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6785|Noizyland

The common misconception is that any girl accompaning you to a prom or a party or a box social or whatever has to be a "girlfriend". This is bollocks. I'm guessing that the aim here for you is to avoid the mess usually associated with issues of this matter and here's your solution:

Ask them both out.

I'm not saying you should say "Hey you both wanna go to the prom with me," just get them together and say something like "hey I need a date for the prom, do one of you want to go with me?"

The thing about it is that it's casual. It's not an unofficial, "D'you wanna be my girlfriend" like most "d'youwannagopromwidme"s are, it's just "hey I'm going, need a friend to go with me, you in?" It also has the bonus of it being their decision. If G#1 is keen and G#2's not then decison is made for you and vice versa. If both are keen just work it from there, (hence why it's important to do it in person,) and as an added bonus if they both want to accompany you you get to take two girls for the added skux points. Most importantly if it does go pear-shaped and the poo starts flying just calm everyone down by pointing out that a prom is just meant to be a bit of fun and they're taking it too seriously.

No fuss, no muss.

Also if you get a chance point out how fucking stupid they are for having a personal conversation over a social networking site, I mean for fuck's sake...
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas

Ty wrote:

The common misconception is that any girl accompaning you to a prom or a party or a box social or whatever has to be a "girlfriend". This is bollocks. I'm guessing that the aim here for you is to avoid the mess usually associated with issues of this matter and here's your solution:

Ask them both out.

I'm not saying you should say "Hey you both wanna go to the prom with me," just get them together and say something like "hey I need a date for the prom, do one of you want to go with me?"

The thing about it is that it's casual. It's not an unofficial, "D'you wanna be my girlfriend" like most "d'youwannagopromwidme"s are, it's just "hey I'm going, need a friend to go with me, you in?" It also has the bonus of it being their decision. If G#1 is keen and G#2's not then decison is made for you and vice versa. If both are keen just work it from there, (hence why it's important to do it in person,) and as an added bonus if they both want to accompany you you get to take two girls for the added skux points. Most importantly if it does go pear-shaped and the poo starts flying just calm everyone down by pointing out that a prom is just meant to be a bit of fun and they're taking it too seriously.

No fuss, no muss.

Also if you get a chance point out how fucking stupid they are for having a personal conversation over a social networking site, I mean for fuck's sake...
I do appreciate the advice. Prom is taken a bit too seriously here, I'm afraid. My mom is a photographer and demands pictures, so two girls would be kind of odd, you know?

Regardless, the situation has worked itself out just fine. I'm asking #2 to prom tomorrow in an overly ridiculous way (giant envelope with a big sign folded up, 'Name, Prom?'), because it's the custom and the girls seem to like it. I'm extremely confident of her answer, anyway, and this will be the last time I ever have to deal with high school melodrama BS.

Weee.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Your Dad would be hi-fivin you with two girls though.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6785|Noizyland

Flecco wrote:

Your Dad would be hi-fivin you with two girls though.
True that, screw what Mumsie would think!

But good to hear, good luck and if shit starts to fly I hope you dodge it with style.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas
Let the lulz ensue

So I asked girl2 to prom, in the "very cute" way. She immediately said yes, was very excited about it etc. We talked some more and she wanted to hang out with me after school, so we drove around, got some coffee, and I dropped her off at volleyball practice (pre-emptive no pics).

Just an hour or two later, she texts me saying her grandpa died. I offer to talk to her about it but she is busy with her family etc. Seems to be affecting her a lot, enough that now she says she doesn't want to go to prom. Normally I'd say that's a wonderful excuse for getting out of going to prom with someone who turned into a real doucher, but that's not the case. I know she really liked me because her stepsister is a big loudmouth about it, haha. Plus there were obvious signs (we should go hang out... we should go watch a movie, we should etc).

So anyway, I just got girl1's number and I explained the situation. She says she'll talk to girl2 and get back to me.

Also, if this could be condensed, it would go great on FML.com.

Lai
+186|6162

Bevo wrote:

Let the lulz ensue

So I asked girl2 to prom, in the "very cute" way. She immediately said yes, was very excited about it etc. We talked some more and she wanted to hang out with me after school, so we drove around, got some coffee, and I dropped her off at volleyball practice (pre-emptive no pics).

Just an hour or two later, she texts me saying her grandpa died. I offer to talk to her about it but she is busy with her family etc. Seems to be affecting her a lot, enough that now she says she doesn't want to go to prom. Normally I'd say that's a wonderful excuse for getting out of going to prom with someone who turned into a real doucher, but that's not the case. I know she really liked me because her stepsister is a big loudmouth about it, haha. Plus there were obvious signs (we should go hang out... we should go watch a movie, we should etc).

So anyway, I just got girl1's number and I explained the situation. She says she'll talk to girl2 and get back to me.

Also, if this could be condensed, it would go great on FML.com.

Approved by Sir Walter Scott and me

+1
Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas
She said yes. Jesus, what an unexpected turn.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6660

Bevo wrote:

Girl2? Is she the hawt one?
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6774|d

ghettoperson wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Girl2? Is she the hawt one?
no, girl 1 is the chung one.
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5559|paris
Wait.. I'm confused now!
ghettoperson
+1,943|6660

It's a bit confusing, but I *think* girl number 2 is hot /and/ intelligent to boot! How was that not an easy choice? If I've gotten that the wrong way around, you should be ashamed of yourself!
she's backing out of prom? woah   
didnt expect that with prom being a 'big deal' n all

convince her to go and be happy!
Bevo
Nah
+718|6532|Austin, Texas

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

she's backing out of prom? woah   
didnt expect that with prom being a 'big deal' n all

convince her to go and be happy!
She's a bit immature, so I'm rather happy with the switch.

@ ghetto etc: girl2 was a bit prettier yeah, they're both decent though. girl2 is a bit of a brat tbh and deffo not that bright. girl1 is a bit sweeter with good booksmarts but perhaps lacking a tad for general purposes.

@kimmmmmmmmmmm: I'm not going to force anyone to go to anything, if they're going to be in anything but a great mood then I'd rather them not ruin the evening
Lai
+186|6162

Bevo wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Bevo wrote:

She's a bit immature, so I'm rather happy with the switch.
Wait,.. wut?

Who said yes to what, and are you happy with that?

From what I understand, pretty but immature girl two said yes. Then granpa died, so she backed out. Then you got less pretty but mature girl one to talk to girl two, but rather she wants to go to prom with you herself. You figured, what the hack, I'll go with her. Correct?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard