dshak
+4|6965
Just wondering...

I got kicked this weekend for baseraping an uncappable... as a sniper... I was in an enemy airfield harassing pilots and anyone else in sight. I didn't kill anyone on instant spawn (frankly I'm not that good). Unfortunately I ran into a jet whore who was also an admin who didn't like having his craw sprayed all over the windshield by an M95. No warning. kick.

When I rejoined an politely asked what I did, I was called a "baserapping son of a bitch" an banned. I found this rather amusing.

I'm wondering, would the general community not agree with me that what I was doing would be on of the major reasons the sniper class exists in this game??? To harass the other team, distracting them while my noble teammates take care of other buisiness. I mean, when they made a sniper unlock that shoot through glass, I don't think what they had in mind was sniping pilots out of moving jets, but perhaps I am wrong.

Either way, I consider base raping sitting in an enemy uncap with a tank and waisting guys the moment they appear... not sitting 300 meters away on a hillside pestering pilots with sniper fire. I think thats just being a good sniper personally.

I'm curious if most consider sniping an airbase unethical? perhaps I should stop?

(lets leave out the "sniper is a worthless class comments" please, frankly if thats the opinion you have to offer nobody who would be interested in this thread cares to hear from you)
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6796
whats the point of being a sniper if you cant shoot at unexpecting targets
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6797|Malibu
Wow that admin was gay.
M95 exists because of the sole reason to shoot at the cockpit and those vehicles with cockpit spawns in uncappable bases usually. What the hell does that admin expect if everyone is going for plane?
Ghosty
+3|6825|Leicester,UK
admin/ server rules...... Cant read them dont bother playing on their servers. If the server says dont baserape/camp then dont! Why should they have to put up with people ignoring the rules then come here and btich?
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6799|Peoria
Your suggesting that a sniper shooting pilots out of the cockpit is baserapping? Thats a legitimate part of the game and an itergral part of the kit. Its not like he was support going around camping the spawns with 20 other guys. If he wasn't in the base, you can't really call it baseraping.

Sounds to me like you just ran into an abusive admin mate. Happens. Not all of us are good peoples. Some admins use their powers for evil, which is not the jedi/admin way.
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6853
Well its one thing to kick people for violating the server rules, but usually they at least warn you first. It's really annoying when the admins kick you for breaking a rule you didnt know existed.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6871|Melbourne, Australia
base raping is being in a enamies uncap with a viechle .. no viechle.. den its not baserapin tell dem lil nerdy fuks to get sum skill... i gotta be honest.. thats pretty much all i do on all maps now.. is sit in there uncap an blow em out of the plane with m95 den run over an steal it :p
gooboy911
+0|6930
dshak,

What server were you on? Just curious.

-Goo
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6804
If it's against the server rules and they clearly mention it on the joining text, then you're an idiot to snipe people in airplanes etc at uncap bases.

I was once on a server running dragon valley, the server explicitly said no other soldiers etc in uncap bases except spec ops. But of course some idiot from the chinese side goes to the carrier, claymores all the ladders, gets on a highpoint and snipes whoever gets into the helicopters, planes etc.

There was also a sniper on the land south of the carrier trying to do long range sniping, I killed them both and made them both very sorry, before they got kicked.

End story is, if all you're going to do is spawn camp then there's little point in you playing the game. Do something a bit challenging, like if you're a sniper then do something challenging.

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2006-03-26 23:19:29)

Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6799|Peoria
I disagree with that philosophy of baserape Monkey. Sniping from outside the base is not baserape. Now, a sniper on the Essex could be considered baserape, since he is up on the Essex which is the uncap. However, that guy who was outside the base, I would call that unfair to kick him.
CrazeD
+368|6825|Maine
I don't get why people kick for baseraping..

Especially one lone sniper, even if he is in the base. If you have a good commander and a good team, chances are they wouldn't have made it into the base, and if they did they shouldn't be there long enough to hurt anything.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6937|Perth, Western Australia

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Gunslinger, thats bloody funny.

Do you mind if I put it in my sig?
PRiMACORD
+190|6777|Home of the Escalade Herds
Well in defense of the admin, camping a jet with an M95 is 100% effective. Unlike a chopper he can't turn his jet around. I think it's cheap but thats about it.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6779|Warlord

dshak wrote:

I'm wondering, would the general community not agree with me that what I was doing would be on of the major reasons the sniper class exists in this game???
Yes.

It would annoy the hell out of me if I were the one being sniped but it's legit. If I were in that situation I would do what you're supposed to do - improvise, adapt, overcome. Ideally get the commander to locate you, then snipe you or hunt you down some other way.

And this sure beats the hell out of being artied constantly or having a tank/APC camping on the runway
sapper_dago
+-1|6803|Schofield BArracks, Hawaii
There is nothing wrong with sitting in someones base. With armor is a different story. But I have noticed that there is a huge influx of retarded 16 year old admins. The true question is what is up with these admins nowadays?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6842|Tampa Bay Florida
Report that asshole to EA.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6933

i have had the exact same thing happen to me on gulf of oman.  found myself a nice spot and kept pestering the hell out of their airfield with an m95 when all of a sudden kick/ban.
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6801|South Korea.
In real life, I am sure snipers attack enemy bases, its in all the movies.
https://paintball.com/events/naspbl/sniper.jpg
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6784|Derby, England

dshak wrote:

Just wondering...

I got kicked this weekend for baseraping an uncappable... as a sniper... I was in an enemy airfield harassing pilots and anyone else in sight. I didn't kill anyone on instant spawn (frankly I'm not that good). Unfortunately I ran into a jet whore who was also an admin who didn't like having his craw sprayed all over the windshield by an M95. No warning. kick.

When I rejoined an politely asked what I did, I was called a "baserapping son of a bitch" an banned. I found this rather amusing.

I'm wondering, would the general community not agree with me that what I was doing would be on of the major reasons the sniper class exists in this game??? To harass the other team, distracting them while my noble teammates take care of other buisiness. I mean, when they made a sniper unlock that shoot through glass, I don't think what they had in mind was sniping pilots out of moving jets, but perhaps I am wrong.

Either way, I consider base raping sitting in an enemy uncap with a tank and waisting guys the moment they appear... not sitting 300 meters away on a hillside pestering pilots with sniper fire. I think thats just being a good sniper personally.

I'm curious if most consider sniping an airbase unethical? perhaps I should stop?

(lets leave out the "sniper is a worthless class comments" please, frankly if thats the opinion you have to offer nobody who would be interested in this thread cares to hear from you)
I read sumewhere By EA rules No one is allowed to atack Uncap base, thats why It was Made Uncap. As for that Server rules, yeap it is bit unfair. But end of the day there are other 3000 servers you can play on. Our server we don't allowe attak on fixed base but ..... Snipers and spec opps are allowed to be there, snipers to snipe comander, and pilots, and Spec opps just to blow up comander toys, then he must leave the base.

Peace Boris

P.S sorry for spelling
slicknic
+145|6778
I warn u not to say if your outside the base its not basaecamping.  On sharqi, i camp the heli pad all day long and i am no where remotely close to it.  And yes ive been banned/kicked plenty of times.  I personally enjoy the server where anything goes.  And yes i get camped... im just good enough to get out of it.  Its much more challenging/fun than complaining that someone is camping. 
And expecially in this case.. how hard is it to go sniper kit (heck why not support/medic/specopps ANY DAMN KIT  expecially u people who use unlocks -.-) and just own the sniper...
In the end its up to server admin, so i just do what i do and if they are lame enough then can ban me from their retarded server anyway.
docnutz
+39|6911|B O S T ON area
fuck that admin and their rules and their lack of warnings  and any other admin that act like spoiled power hungry brats,    thank god there are so many ranked servers.
[zulu]steviep831
+6|6785|Florida
I would have to agree with you dshak. You were not baserapping. You were performing a combat tactic to help your team. By removing an air threat you are ensuring that your team will have an advantage. I can't see how this would be a kickable or bannable offense. If I were an admin and did not want this to occur then I would have specified more accurately. Or at least offer an explanation to you before asking you to leave (if you would not comply then kick). But all this is really is an admin abusing his power. Is there a complaint path for reporting this to EA? I didn't know one existed, Spearhead. It would be interesting to know.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6796

SharkyMcshark wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Gunslinger, thats bloody funny.

Do you mind if I put it in my sig?
go right ahead
Jsbar
+0|6759
lol
it happen all the time

i got kick and ban because i killed the sever admin by knife or headshot them when his team trying to get a flag

you know...when you see a sniper lying in front of you, what will you do?
as usual just take a knife and killed him
whats the big deal?
and i got kick by this reason
Tealeaf1980
+1|6776
I agree its a tatic to help your team. Whenever i've been on the recieving end i'll hunt your ass down and then get on with the game. The Admin could have did this instead of trying to be a Jet whore and a cry baby!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard