Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Would you call for President Obama to be impeached if he was caught smoking pot in the white house? Considering some of you have some close views about pot law I wonder how you would react about your President doing it?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

What if he was getting a blow job from a secretary?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6676
Depends.  Is it a misdemeanor or is it a felony?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
No.
Compared to the scale of financial crime being committed I would say that is nothing.

Then again, if he got subpoenaed and then lied about it under oath I would say yes.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
Screw calling for Presidential impeachment... call for legalisation.

A pothead for a President is, lets face it, the best chance you stoners would ever have of getting legal green.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5513|Toronto
Unless he turns out to be one of the lazy stoners. Pray stoners, pray to the dragon.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Depends. Would he lie about it--while under oath--to a grand jury later?

And it also depends on whether it's a misdemeanor or a felony. I think it's a misdemeanor in DC.

But lying under oath is a felony.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York
I wouldn't care who it was. Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 or Obama. My respect for them would probably skyrocket.

I think a lot of people don't understand why someone would be removed for office (inability to do their job - reason why Clinton wasn't), and that impeachment does NOT always equal removal from office.
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Poseidon wrote:

I wouldn't care who it was. Bush 1, Clinton, Bush 2 or Obama. My respect for them would probably skyrocket.

I think a lot of people don't understand why someone would be removed for office (inability to do their job - reason why Clinton wasn't), and that impeachment does NOT always equal removal from office.
That just scratches the surface of what many here don't understand, Poseidon.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
BVC
+325|6665

Pochsy wrote:

Unless he turns out to be one of the lazy stoners. Pray stoners, pray to the dragon.
"Dragon" is a term used in reference to heroin, not marijuana.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

Pubic wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

"Dragon" is a term used in reference to heroin, not marijuana.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puff,_the_ … references

If you're going to be that petty and pedantic, get it fucking right.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
If he smoked pot, no.
If he sent the secret service out to round up hookers for him - No
If he got plastered drunk, fell over and told people it was a pretzels fault - No
If he lied to Congress, the UN and the world to start a war - yes.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

If he smoked pot, no.
If he got plastered drunk, fell over and told people it was a pretzels fault - No
Good thing none of those happened, then.
― Albert Einstein

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
For smoking pot, no.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

So nobody here would see it as highly hypocritical to have a president that still enforces a drug policy that punishes users but still uses himself? 

Also in reference to FEOS and Poseidon, I mean impeached removed from office totally by both the an agreement by the house and senate.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

Macbeth wrote:

So nobody here would see it as highly hypocritical to have a president that still enforces a drug policy that punishes users but still uses himself? 

Also in reference to FEOS and Poseidon, I mean impeached removed from office totally by both the an agreement by the house and senate.
Oh it's definitely hypocritical, but I think a better result would be to change the law instead.

It could go like this.  Obama gets charged with smoking pot, and then gets off because Congress makes pot legal.

I would prefer that outcome.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

FEOS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If he smoked pot, no.
Good thing none of those happened, then.
Lied to Congress..lol.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6619
I'd allow him to serve another term if he watched pineapple express high.

I really wouldn't care but it would be inappropriate.

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2009-04-11 09:06:40)

Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland
Was this thread started just because he is black?

He is actually only half black so there is a chance he doesn't smoke pot.

Yes, if the president did illegal drugs in the White House he should be removed.  He would be breaking a federal drug law intentionally, this is a huge flaw ethically.  I can see why liberals have a hard time with comprehending that.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Yes, if the president did illegal drugs in the White House he should be removed.  He would be breaking a federal drug law intentionally, this is a huge flaw ethically.  I can see why liberals have a hard time with comprehending that.
You used to be funny once upon a time... what happened?
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6153|Ireland

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I imagine it is difficult to see the humor in anything when ur force to bang sheep 'cuz ur trapped on an Island filled with bucktooth ginger girls.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6260|Éire

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Braddock wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I imagine it is difficult to see the humor in anything when ur force to bang sheep 'cuz ur trapped on an Island filled with bucktooth ginger girls.
I'd imagine it would be.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA
I don't think he'd be impeached if he was caught snorting coke off a strippers ass. Not after the Bush years. Prez can get away with anything.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Macbeth wrote:

Would you call for President Obama to be impeached if he was caught smoking pot in the white house? Considering some of you have some close views about pot law I wonder how you would react about your President doing it?
Not my greatest concern, but he should be impeached for abusing illegal drugs, yes, as it is against the law and he should be thrown in jail for it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard