lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6800|Denver colorado
I GUESS you're right.. what you should do is train it to a decent level, earn isk carebearing whilst finding a decent corp. Then you train for something cheapish like a hurricane for starting pvp or go for the amarr ships like the zealot/curse/harbi. Also. if you're looking to start pvp train for a Taranis (gellante ceptor) if you're a suicidal player or crusader (amarr ceptor) to start to get the hang of pvping.

I prefer amarr ships because they have good tank and don't stick out when fighting. with amarr ships you can stay far away from the target so every time you engage you aren't asking to be pimaried. caldari ships (except the hawk/drake/falcon/cerb and the crow (FOR TACKLE DUITYS) just dont cut it in pvp. shield tanks die in fire when given enough dps. minmitar are freaking tricky. the rifter wins, the wolf wins. all their hacs are crazy and their rapiers are scary. however their large sized ships are shit and when you fight you have to get in REALLY close and you have little to no tank most of the time (which spells disaster when doing normal engagements in 0.0). now, Gallante. Gallante are cool. tricky. useful. drones are kinda weird because they take a while to get to their target.. they also need to get into blaster range (you win or you die) and their resistances are lose so if you get a lot of dps you burn up quickly. To be fair I have to talk about the weaknesses of amarr. amarr have great dps and good tank but sometimes its either one or the other. all the amarr cruisers are kinda bad except the arbi. the amarr assault frigs are pretty much useless unless you have dedicated tackle in which case you should probably be flying a ceptor. The sac and zealot are very very nice but the zealot has a small tank but nice sniper range, the sac is nice.. I guess... but it might be cool to fly if you're cross training from caldari. the harbi is nice. very nice. and ALL the amarr bs's are great. same with capitals. and the command ships are wonderful.

There's a rundown from a 0.0 player who specializes in gang warfare (not faggy sniper/rrbs's/capitals)

my biggest advice is to stick to something and train the support skills. It's much better to be trained for something well then to be trained for EVERYTHING. with caldari tho you're stuck to support roles so it's worth it to train another race. Also, when you're well trained in all your support and you've gotten to hac's and ceptors and recons in one race you're almost at a slowdown for training skills. Right now I'm maxxing my gunnery... then I think I'll train battle cruisers to v... so yeah. long wait. Then I might train bs's.. more support. and... after that point im stuck either cross training to minmitar or training capitalships.

woo.

eve.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
yeah im sorta cross trained in gallente, so i'll probably move towards a blasterboat with a little bit of drone support. not sure. ill keep caldari for pveing pretty much strictly, though im tempted to play with a ham drake.

Last edited by FatherTed (2009-04-08 06:08:28)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6565|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

FatherTed wrote:

yeah im sorta cross trained in gallente, so i'll probably move towards a blasterboat with a little bit of drone support. not sure. ill keep caldari for pveing pretty much strictly, though im tempted to play with a ham drake.
my corp eats ham drakes for breakfast. better off using mini or gallente for pvp. Myrmidons and Raxs are really good for pvp.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

seymorebutts443 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

my corp eats ham drakes for breakfast. better off using mini or gallente for pvp. Myrmidons and Raxs are really good for pvp.
yeah rax is another ive been toying with for a while. already able to fly it well, need to work on propulsion some.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

FatherTed wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

yeah rax is another ive been toying with for a while. already able to fly it well, need to work on propulsion some.
excellent solo ship, especially for pirating. another good one is a taranis. im training for the taranis right now.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
Rax is great. Fucking brick that thing is. You throw it at a target and hope It dies.

http://www.battleclinic.com/forum/index … 350.0.html

1600 plate damage mods and a dc. point, mwd, web, drones, DPS.

bricks are fun.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
think ive maxed out my badger now

3x cargo mods
3x t2 expanders
2x tractors
1x some ab
survey + ship scanner
misc shield stuff

19k cargo cap
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
https://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u140/Lavadisk/20090331042017.jpg

lolprovidence.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
yeah yeah yea you win.

until i can get eve back on my pc for final, im gonna be doing lolmining, so ive got an opsrey and the mk2 for that. training for a ore ship.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Phaytal
+20|6125|Engarlandd

lavadisk wrote:

Rax is great. Fucking brick that thing is. You throw it at a target and hope It dies.

http://www.battleclinic.com/forum/index … 350.0.html

1600 plate damage mods and a dc. point, mwd, web, drones, DPS.

bricks are fun.
1600 Plate fit is outdated, 800 plate, medium guns, and ECM drones. Tears shit up, though i like the Vexor myself over it, wether its soloing with a 1600 plate, or in a gang with a just under 700 dps fit, in which you hope to god you don't get primaried.
Christbane
+51|6205

lavadisk wrote:

I GUESS you're right.. what you should do is train it to a decent level, earn isk carebearing whilst finding a decent corp. Then you train for something cheapish like a hurricane for starting pvp or go for the amarr ships like the zealot/curse/harbi. Also. if you're looking to start pvp train for a Taranis (gellante ceptor) if you're a suicidal player or crusader (amarr ceptor) to start to get the hang of pvping.

I prefer amarr ships because they have good tank and don't stick out when fighting. with amarr ships you can stay far away from the target so every time you engage you aren't asking to be pimaried. caldari ships (except the hawk/drake/falcon/cerb and the crow (FOR TACKLE DUITYS) just dont cut it in pvp. shield tanks die in fire when given enough dps. minmitar are freaking tricky. the rifter wins, the wolf wins. all their hacs are crazy and their rapiers are scary. however their large sized ships are shit and when you fight you have to get in REALLY close and you have little to no tank most of the time (which spells disaster when doing normal engagements in 0.0). now, Gallante. Gallante are cool. tricky. useful. drones are kinda weird because they take a while to get to their target.. they also need to get into blaster range (you win or you die) and their resistances are lose so if you get a lot of dps you burn up quickly. To be fair I have to talk about the weaknesses of amarr. amarr have great dps and good tank but sometimes its either one or the other. all the amarr cruisers are kinda bad except the arbi. the amarr assault frigs are pretty much useless unless you have dedicated tackle in which case you should probably be flying a ceptor. The sac and zealot are very very nice but the zealot has a small tank but nice sniper range, the sac is nice.. I guess... but it might be cool to fly if you're cross training from caldari. the harbi is nice. very nice. and ALL the amarr bs's are great. same with capitals. and the command ships are wonderful.

There's a rundown from a 0.0 player who specializes in gang warfare (not faggy sniper/rrbs's/capitals)

my biggest advice is to stick to something and train the support skills. It's much better to be trained for something well then to be trained for EVERYTHING. with caldari tho you're stuck to support roles so it's worth it to train another race. Also, when you're well trained in all your support and you've gotten to hac's and ceptors and recons in one race you're almost at a slowdown for training skills. Right now I'm maxxing my gunnery... then I think I'll train battle cruisers to v... so yeah. long wait. Then I might train bs's.. more support. and... after that point im stuck either cross training to minmitar or training capitalships.

woo.

eve.
where do you "specialize in gang warfare" and what corp are you in?    alot of what you said is utter BS. crow not good for pvp? amar assault frigs useless?  minmata BS cant tank and only good for short range?    so im interested to know just how much combat experience you have.   you are entitled to your opinion, I just would like to see if your combat experience can back it up.
Phaytal
+20|6125|Engarlandd
Tbf, Amarr AF's ARE fucking useless, much cheaper cruisers can do a hell of a better job than them, and Seymour, HAMDRAKE R WELL UBAR.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

Eve seems to have massif dramaz.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Volatile
+252|6675|Sextupling in Empire

Flecco wrote:

Wait until you get out to 0.0 and have a shit ton of people on vent. Fortunately there's a mute option .
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat

Volatile wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Wait until you get out to 0.0 and have a shit ton of people on vent. Fortunately there's a mute option .
oh its hilarious, you get some real great hate mail out there. this one guy we were killing, trying to ransom. this guy starts to bitch after we pewpewed his logistics ship that he was ratting him, hes bitching how he lagged because we kept sending him chat invites for a ransom instead of sploding him. so we killed him and his pod because he wanted to just cuss out us and taunt us like "im going to come back here and kill all of you" some people are just hilarious when they die.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6256|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
I'm srsly thinking about getting EVE, seeing as it has enough drama to fill 67 pages.
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Undetected_Killer wrote:

I'm srsly thinking about getting EVE, seeing as it has enough drama to fill 67 pages.
Nah most of this thread is ultra-nerdy discussion of shit I don't understand about the game. From what I've heard takes like a month or two to actually work out what most things do.

There is some crazy dramaz though. Especially in game.
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3

Christbane wrote:

lavadisk wrote:

woo.

eve.
where do you "specialize in gang warfare" and what corp are you in?    alot of what you said is utter BS. crow not good for pvp? amar assault frigs useless?  minmata BS cant tank and only good for short range?    so im interested to know just how much combat experience you have.   you are entitled to your opinion, I just would like to see if your combat experience can back it up.
http://br1ck.podzone.net/?a=pilot_detai … _id=116347

the vengence has shit dps and a good tank.. but that doesn't matter for something that shouldn't be getting hit so much as the signature radius is the tank. the retribution has 1 mid slot. Wheres the point? (granted I use it... sometimes. I'd rather use an iskur or wolf)

Crow is a dedicated tackler. It tackles. well. But if a crusader or tarantis goes after it it cant do much except run away.

minmitar bs's are gimped and everyone I've talked to said so... I couldn't really argue about it but everyone I asked wanted either a mega or abaddon over any minmi bs when flying in 0.0.

Last edited by lavadisk (2009-04-08 23:25:23)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Undetected_Killer wrote:

Not here. Here.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Phaytal
+20|6125|Engarlandd

Flecco wrote:

From what I've heard takes like a month or two to actually work out what most things do.
Been playing a few years, still don't know anything about POS's, anything to do with Cynos, Jump Bridges etc, and certainly nothing about Industry, I only learnt what the advantage of having a BPO over a BPC about a year ago...
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Phaytal wrote:

Flecco wrote:

From what I've heard takes like a month or two to actually work out what most things do.
Been playing a few years, still don't know anything about POS's, anything to do with Cynos, Jump Bridges etc, and certainly nothing about Industry, I only learnt what the advantage of having a BPO over a BPC about a year ago...
Similar. 18 months and my knowledge of anything PvP or alliance/sov/pos related is scant at best
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Flecco
iPod is broken.

Spark wrote:

Phaytal wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Similar. 18 months and my knowledge of anything PvP or alliance/sov/pos related is scant at best
Ffs both of you SPEAK ENGLISH!?!?!?!

Once I get off trial and have a decent battlecruiser I want to join the Amarr Reclaiming army or w/e it's called.

Last edited by Flecco (2009-04-09 01:32:34)

lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
I'll teach you guys agro rules.

if you aggress somebody on a station you cant dock for another minute. if you're undocking and there are guys outside DONT CLICK ANYTHING BUT DOCK. you will be untargetable till you can dock.

If you jump through a gate and theres a gatecamp on the other side WAIT cloaked for 30 seconds. use that time to get intel. But you have to wait 30 seconds. then, once its over you MWD back to the gate and overheat if you have to. once you're at the gate you can instantly jump back through.

If you get aggression on somebody and they log off you can scan them down and kill them in 15 minutes. a bubble counts as aggression.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

lavadisk wrote:

I'll teach you guys agro rules.

if you aggress somebody on a station you cant dock for another minute. if you're undocking and there are guys outside DONT CLICK ANYTHING BUT DOCK. you will be untargetable till you can dock.

If you jump through a gate and theres a gatecamp on the other side WAIT cloaked for 30 seconds. use that time to get intel. But you have to wait 30 seconds. then, once its over you MWD back to the gate and overheat if you have to. once you're at the gate you can instantly jump back through.

If you get aggression on somebody and they log off you can scan them down and kill them in 15 minutes. a bubble counts as aggression.
Never heard this about beating gatecamps before... why the 30 second wait, is it there a jumping timer?
~ Richard Feynman
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
Correct.

You've never heard about it because the only people who have are the ones doing the gatecamping. Stay safe.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard