SteamCore
+0|6790
I seem to be the only person who thinks the L8 is shit compared to the AK101.  I feel this way because whenever I see any other medic, friendly or enemy, he's got one.  I can't seem to fire it correctly, because when I've got it, I'm harmless.  WIth the 101 though, I've got the hand of god.

What are the firing strategies for it?  Where do I point the needle in the scope in order to do the most damage?

-SC
The Soup Nazi
+18|6801|North Lauderdale, FL
normally if i'm trying to hit long range targets, i put the tip of the needle on my target and it usually counts as a hit each time.  be sure to fire in semi-auto mode when doing this.  and wait for the recoil to go back down before firing the next shot. 

if you're up against a sniper, drop a few med packs next to where you're laying and take him out.  a good sniper only needs one shot on you (headshot), but the average sniper can be taken out this way.
Croak
+11|6819|San Marcos, CA
The tip of the "needle" should be on the body part you want to to hit.  Aiming for the head, put the tip there, wait a beat if you can, and fire slow single shots after each beat.  Don't forget to aim a bit higher as the range increases.

On full auto or rapid fire, the L85 is not accurate at all, and even in semi-automatic mode, it's not any more accurate than the AK-101, it's just that the scope can help you line up distant shots better.  It also does less damage, needing four torso hits to kill a healthy target, where the AK-101 can do it in three hits.

Last edited by Croak (2005-10-10 14:49:12)

addict10n
+1|6792
Nicely said, this was my 2nd unlock and after using the AK i was very dissapointed. The only time I use the L8 is when im on US
JrunkinDuncan
+1|6788|Pullman, Wa
I Personnally(Spelling?) think the original medic gun is better if not about the same as the unlock it has amazing accuracy and while yes it takes a good 4 shots to take a healthy person down it has the accuracy to make up for the heavy hit strength. Although it is fun having a scope while racking up those Heal and Revive Points
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6835|Delaware
The L85, contrary to popular belief (mostly by morons who don't play the role of a medic correctly) is NOT a gun to go out and hunt. That's not what a medic does. If you're playing it correctly, you should be defending and healing. If you're prone while capping a flag and some dude mows down your buds with the PKM, while he's waiting for it to cool down, you blow him away with the L85. It DOES do the trick. You don't even need all 30 rounds. But if you're a loner, don't me the medic, and don't use the L85. It's not useful unless you're defeding yourself in close quarters.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6860|Australia
Meh i find it easier to hit people with. but does less damage than the ak.. if your trying to shoot far off targets it is by far better than the ak simply because of the scope. and well if you are close than the ak would be better. But if you ask me its by far better than the m16
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6807|Oakland, CA
I actually like the USMC original Medic gun, i find it pretty easy to use and quite accurate for me.
thetafferboy
+0|6793
the ak does most dmg overall, m16 does less dmg that ak, but has less recoil.. l85 well... its an l85 isn't it? use it to look l33t
Tha_Green_Beret
+0|6787
I think L85A1 is not nearly as accurate or lethal as it sounds on weapon profile. Without zooming it's bullets are sprayed all over after 2-3 shots. and if you pay attention the next time you play it's crosshair not zoomed is much wider than m16 or even AK. The only advantage it'd have over m16 is it's scope and auto mode. I personally never use it when on MEC team AK works much better in both close and long range. If you don't agree just checkk it's Deviation Standing/Crouching/Prone. You'll get it. AK101 rules L85A1 any day. But if you play medic don't think about kills help your teammates that's your job and that's why you can rack up the points if you do your job with minimal kills or deaths. And out of the topic how do you set a signature I'm new to this.

Last edited by Tha_Green_Beret (2005-10-11 06:52:06)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6834
Personally I perfer the M16A2 over any of the other Medic guns, including the AK101, but that's just my preference as a Medic. I would say I play more as a combat-medic than just a Medic though. It's very easy to hit your target from afar, or close range. Just line up the horizontal centerpoint of the M16 scope center mass to the victim (same way as you would in real life).

It's extremely accurate if you know how to use it and is much better than the unlock in my opinion. The scope is to funky on the L85A1 for my tastes, the M16 is simple and to the point. Plus you don't have that horrible full-auto recoil that makes your bullets spray like a shot gun. It's very easy to forget to release on full-auto during close quarters combat with the L85A1, with the M16, 1 or 2, 3 round bursts will take the target out.

The only unrealistic thing about the M16 is it's accurate 3 round burst for distant targets, in real life the 3 round burst is horribly unaccurate and is only used in situations I would never want to be caught in.

Last edited by Ryan_Mercury (2005-10-11 01:09:00)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6799|Perth, Western Australia
Personally I do not like the m16, and like the L85A1 better because i cant really aim that well with the m16 because im more of a spary and pray player, who does a lot more close range encounters, and besides, it just looks better! It can be god awful at log range on full auto, so try semi auto, it works a lot better
b0ned0me
+0|6784

SharkyMcshark wrote:

Personally I do not like the m16, and like the L85A1 better because i cant really aim that well with the m16 because im more of a spary and pray player, who does a lot more close range encounters, and besides, it just looks better! It can be god awful at log range on full auto, so try semi auto, it works a lot better
Me too.  I nearly doubled my medic kills in a couple of rounds after getting the unlock, because all of a sudden I could empty a magazine at people getting in my face and also hit people lying down at range.  It suits my (lack of) game much better than the M16. But yeah, it sprinkles lead all over the landscape on full auto.
The AK is a perfectly decent piece of kit, but I think I'll continue using the L85 just for consistency.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6800

m16 is more accurate than the sa80, ak does more damage per shot and his pure rape on full auto.
i used the sa80 a lot when i first got it, but i find myself going back to the original weapons lately.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard