Should these requirements be changed?

Yes.81%81% - 13
No.18%18% - 3
Total: 16
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

The current requirements for Brig. Gen., as they stand, are thus:

* Score: 180,000
    * Awards: Expert Armor Badge, Expert Transport Badge, Expert Helicopter Badge, Expert Aviator Badge, Expert Air Defense Badge, Expert Ground Defense Badge

I propose they be changed to:

* Score: 180,000
    * Awards (optional sets): (Expert Armor Badge, Expert Transport Badge and Expert Ground Defense Badge) OR (Expert Helicopter Badge, Expert Aviator Badge and Expert Air Defense Badge)

The silliness of requiring the time investment for all vehicular experts will just end up in people sitting about in vehicles doing nothing, just to get their hours down.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-22 14:40:01)

=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6665|Under the River
I say for the 4 stars you need the expert vehical things but for the 1 star just the vetran kits 2 star expert kits and 3 stars all the vetran vehical badges
NZDeathBoy
+20|6717|Chch, New Zealand
unnamednewbie13, I've been thinking the same thing, as I know i'm never going to get that high... BUT
I can't fly, I know that, so I keep my white arse outa things that go in the air. But if I did get that higher socre, I would be pissed that I can't go up a rank casue I don't fly.

So I agree with you 100%
walyl135
+7|6650|(UK) SOUTH LONDON GUV'NOR
i think so too the xpert air and heli were only put there by EA to stop the top players gaining all the ranks quickly so i would say theyll drop the reqs. down in the next patch. the same is wiht the SF Medals 4500 hours each i dont think so!!!!!!!
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6759|United Kingdom
I agree, or the time required for the vehicle badges could be reduced. 1,410 hours for Brigadier General, purely spent on vehicles, ground/air defence? Be serious EA...after all, it's a game, not a life choice.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6715
if nething should be changed it sohuld be those SF badges or whatever. They're asking ofr 4,500 hrs on some of them. Has ne1 even played that much?
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6644|Canada
considering most vet badges need 100h, to get all of them would b killer, what a waste of time
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

You don't need vet badges. You need expert badges. Each kit requires 100 hours, and some vehicles are up to 300-400 hours. Tough luck for the ground pounder, eh.
Simon Moon
+13|6687|Canada
Thats why you dont get to be a higher rank if you only run around and never use vehicles. I dont like it either really, just finally made my ground defense expert and my score per minute dropped extremly because of that. Even if you really want to shoot someone, sometimes all you can do is sit there and wait for the time to be over.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

Simon Moon wrote:

Thats why you dont get to be a higher rank if you only run around and never use vehicles. I dont like it either really, just finally made my ground defense expert and my score per minute dropped extremly because of that. Even if you really want to shoot someone, sometimes all you can do is sit there and wait for the time to be over.
In my experience, (as much as I'm sick of this map), Wake Island is the best place for ground defense kills. Especially at the airfield. I've gotten 31 of them there, but unfortunately did not have 60 freaking hours on TOW's and mounted MG's. Still, I think that the general rank should only require expert badges of different kinds of vehicles, and not all of them.

In many cases, getting all expert vehicle prereqs before 180,000 points are attained requires either non-stop vehicle usage, or staying out of combat. One isn't very fun to do all the time, and the other is counterproductive.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-03-27 17:07:51)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard