SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6835|Delaware
Since the patch and consequently the release of this map, I have seen the majority of the servers go to playong almost nothing but that map. It's not that great of a map. There isn't a lot of room to manuever, there aren't many CPs, isn't not even really designed for squad combat that I can tell. I don't see why you'd want to play there that often. Quite frankly it's make for a less pleasuable game experience because there aren't as many active servers on the other maps as there used to be. There are more on Wake than every other map combined almost. Just a phase hopefully.
[OBC]Ben
Hotel California
+0|6807|Oakland, CA
I personally think that Strike At Karkand is the best map there, Wake Island bores me too.
LeGrandAssidomaen
Paper Is My Hobbyhorse
+1|6821
Hmm...on the german public servers it doesn't appear more often than other maps, I think. I played it only 5-6 times now, I guess. Not a bad map, but not really good either. Confusing, I'd say. I mostly try to go commander on that map, can't be bothered walking around there
<eN>Madcat
+2|6854
agreed, its awesome when you can walk down an island 10m in width.
Apocalypse416
The Sexiest Apocalypse
+55|6832
I like Wake Island cuz im usually in the heli either getting kills + assists as driver, or a shit load of kills with the video missle.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6860|Australia
yeah i think you will find everytime a new mapcomes out servers will do this its annoying most are getting back to normal now tho
The Soup Nazi
+18|6801|North Lauderdale, FL
my biggest complaint about wake island is the lack of transport vehicles.  or maybe sooner it's the lack of transport drivers.  i can't even begin to count the number of times i see one teammate jump into a transport vehicle and drive off by himself with several of us left behind screaming "hey, i need a ride." 

if you wanna play Rambo, go play Farcry.  please.
Croak
+11|6819|San Marcos, CA
Wake's a great map for jets, it's fun enough on foot, and the chaotic land battles for the airfield can be a hoot, with so many ways to approach or defend, and the wide capture radius and multiple buildings in the villages makes for interesting defense/offense too. 

It really only sucks when the USMC team can't secure a couple spawn points.  Or if you're so addicted to kill kill kill kill Karkand you can't stand to spend a minute or two without seeing a bad guy.
IronGeek
One Shot, One Kill
+4|6808|Canberra, Australia
This is a great map for USMC snipers.  Get on the Artillery Island and snipe away...
Omnimalice
All Hate
+1|6793|Northern VA
Fuck Wake. That is a hard fucking map. I got a decent score on the 1 complete round I played, but I busted my ass for an hour to get it. Way too much work. I'm not big on vehicles, and with AA rockets currently nerfed I found it to be a giant pain in the ass. There's only so many times I can get run over by my own teammates before I start punishing. It looks like a small map, but the island is rough and big. Engineers, vehicle players and snipers can cash in on the island, everyone else is fucked.
96D
+0|6789|Maryland, USA
I haven't played Wake Island all that much yet, but it's usually pretty quick and easy to tell which team is going to win the round; it's a total slaughter for either one side or the other.

Either the USMC sweeps the whole island, or never gets a foothold at all.
Rakasan
+7|6850|California, USA
I liked Wake for bf1942, but not in bf2.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6837|St. Louis, MO
Wake has to be my least favorite as well.Without the ships it sucks and it's not the best map for points.
NiMhurchu
Suicide Operations
+13|6861|Germany

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

Wake has to be my least favorite as well.Without the ships it sucks and it's not the best map for points.
But it's a good map for fun, has a nice scenery and a lot of grass to hide in (no, sniper is not the class I play mostly! ). It's a fast map with a lot of action. It could be a perfect playground for tactic exercises, if most people weren't so selfish and ignore the commander's orders...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6857|Bryan/College Station, TX
Wake has too many aircraft and choppers for my liking. One less of each would be fine.
Give each side one attack chopper, one aircraft and give the US one BH and boats. With all the Stinger emplacements and the defensive advantage of the Chinese forces this should be a tough fight. As it is the US can barely get on the island much less make it through it. At least in my experience.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6839|Netherlands
The continiously  arty on the carrier.............baaaah.   And the boaring,  always USA,  MAP oriented servers that use um now, >   Niice way from EA,      to get a heap-load of traffic from other servers.  instead of adding more.
A-Unit64
King Medic......
+23|6855
I never really got Wake Island meaning I never liked it from the start!!
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6837|St. Louis, MO

NiMhurchu wrote:

YoBabysDaddy wrote:

But it's a good map for fun, has a nice scenery and a lot of grass to hide in (no, sniper is not the class I play mostly! ). It's a fast map with a lot of action. It could be a perfect playground for tactic exercises, if most people weren't so selfish and ignore the commander's orders...
Amen to that.
addict10n
+1|6791
I like the broad daylight, scenery, and setup. Its almost like Clean Sweep where you could just get your team together and walk the whole map.  Also, I am one of those gamers that play games with a video card that you payed alot for you want to get the most out of. Karkand rocks, dont get me wrong, and Wake isnt my favorite but i favor it to most. Most maps have limited view because of fog or dust. Wake you can see for miles.
[A-51]-.Bond
+1|6854
Wake Island is cool an all, but Strike is by far the best....Sharqi after that, I love Strike because of the color layout, and urban combat issue.  Its fun running around with the G3, DAO, and PKM.   FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN.  Wake is ok, but you gotta run every damn place or be lucky and catch a ride.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6827

Omnimalice wrote:

Fuck Wake. That is a hard fucking map. I got a decent score on the 1 complete round I played, but I busted my ass for an hour to get it. Way too much work. I'm not big on vehicles, and with AA rockets currently nerfed I found it to be a giant pain in the ass. There's only so many times I can get run over by my own teammates before I start punishing. It looks like a small map, but the island is rough and big. Engineers, vehicle players and snipers can cash in on the island, everyone else is fucked.
Get some more experience with the game before you become so judgemental. My mate easily racks up scores <100 with SF class and Assault class on that map.
ShadowdogKGB
+6|6859
The same gay ass shit happens as on BF42 and DC. Half the F'ing team stays on the carrier and gets arty'd to hell while the ones who cap a flag get raped. Screw Wake Island as a pub map. Been there done that. They should have gave us something new instead of re-hashing this tired old map. Stupid EA.

Last edited by ShadowdogKGB (2005-10-13 21:21:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard